PPTXT: Text editing tool

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hm you can give me a png file for that, also name of file (because 2_622 (8th file and 6 th file is maybe a script for control sprite will appear, so possible if trainer sprite can animated like cheren and bianca sprite)), mabye i will recoordinate for you sprite...............

Oh, I meant to ask if there was no way you could unencrypt the text, not the .png. But if you're offering to work on my Steven pic, I certainly won't turn you down :)

I already realigned it in Paint, so I don't think it should be off-center anymore, but if you want to experiment with animation then the picture is 2_457 - it replaces the Janitor.

Edit: Oops, disregard my previous post. I realized that I got that Steven screenshot from a Japanese fan-translated version where I replaced "Shinnosuke" with "Steven." Names can be replaced, but they'll all be Japanese-sounding names unless you change them.

I did manage to rename Chili/Cress/Cilan in the English version, but they're about 12 lines down in section 190. Shinnosuke is much farther down the list, and then it failed to translate. So the MS Word "Go To Line" function doesn't seem to work consistently.

Is there an English patch for the J version with Western names? That would make things oh-so much easier.

Steven.png

Steven.png.cafc9a8500224297b55e0711751bb

Edited by Abacus

You guys are still stumped on this? You seem to have misunderstood me, I did say that the text was encrypted/encoded but that doesn't mean you have to decrypt/decode it in order to edit it. You just don't know what each trainer is that easily but you can still edit them with no problem (like the one guy suggested use the original translation we made for the JP as a map of sorts)

in 190 just replace all with :

After i see, just japanese and korean release aren not encrypted!, and wel just ASCII character is using custom encoding ....

that was unencrypted

616 line..........

Nb: is used unicode encoding, you must download it, and open that file in unicode mode

if you using my data, you must give a credit is from me... yeah you can share it to everyone but you must don't forget give credit for that :) ok?

and if not give credit please added note is not you work, ok? thank you...

Edited by Andibad

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can you edit attack names? And in battle messages? Critical hit, super effective, etc.

Yes, is on a/0/0/2 ; 13 (move message); 14 (message condition); 15 (battle message); 54 (item name); 203 (move name); and last PLEASE SEARCH ... is easy =="

NPC message is on a/0/0/3 ...

• 2 weeks later...

Not much instruction here but everyone but me seems to be doing just fine. Which .NARC files do I use, what else do I need to know, etc, etc?

EDIT: Skimmed over this thread some more, guess I'll try my hand at a/0/0/3

EDIT: Oh shit, it's working.

Anyway, I haven't actually done anything yet (will report back) but I'd like if it had .nds support (the program dealt with .narc files for you). I'm sure that's low on priority though.

I'd also like to see some kind of search function that I could use to find text or code.

EDIT: Damn, wish I had a list of which NPC's were which.

EDIT:

\xf000봂\x0000The Water-type Pokémon\xfffe\xf000봂\x0000\xf000ā\x0001\x0001

\xf000봂\x0000The Fire-type Pokémon\xfffe\xf000봂\x0000\xf000ā\x0001\x0001

\xf000봂\x0000The Grass-type Pokémon\xfffe\xf000봂\x0000\xf000ā\x0001\x0001

Now where would I go about finding what this points to?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
in 190 just replace all with :

After i see, just japanese and korean release aren not encrypted!, and wel just ASCII character is using custom encoding ....

that was unencrypted

616 line..........

Nb: is used unicode encoding, you must download it, and open that file in unicode mode

if you using my data, you must give a credit is from me... yeah you can share it to everyone but you must don't forget give credit for that :) ok?

and if not give credit please added note is not you work, ok? thank you...

The link is broken. ;_;

• 3 months later...
I don't know if this has been told yet, but does anyone know how to edit trainer names for their mugshots and in battle text? For example 'Cheren' to 'Brendan'? Thanks

is on a/0/0/2

please search again..... because is not encrypted so is easy to find that.