SCV

Pokemon Online Server

28 posts in this topic

We have recently set up a Pokemon Online Server. If you don't know what Pokemon Online is you can check out: http://pokemon-online.eu/

The server appears as Project Pokemon in the server list. Or you can use advanced connection and enter: 74.117.159.209:5080

We would appreciate testing of it and leaving opinions.

Edited by wraith89

It worked fine for me. The advantages of PO OVER Shoddy are double battles and the ability to use less than 6 pokes. There are also other graphical changes, and it's far more like battling in game. It is still more streamlined, however. Make sure you drop by like a 'Toss!

Edited by wraith89

Well in my experience it's been a really good program to use :).

As Gin said, the graphics and the ability to double battle really does add to the whole thing so it's definitely worth a try.

I have tons of experience with Pokemon Online. Originally, there were bugs EVERYWHERE. One person discovered that Protect and Detect could be used interchangeably without any loss of success rate, and many other gnarly glitches that were all just terrible. Most of these have since been worked out, but not quite all of them. Otherwise it has amazing interface, and plenty of bells and whistles to keep you entertained. I love the "Import" function, which by pasting your team in the standard format, allows you rebuild a team in a matter of seconds; however, there is a single extremely major, and completely game-breaking error in the system.

Hax.

No, I'm not talking about, "oh look a crit." kind of hax, I'm talking about "WTF, how the hell did you crit me five times in a row, then score double freeze hax!?" <=This is not an exaggeration, it's happened. The hax on PO is simply so bad, and so frequent, that Sub Angerpoint Tauros became a viable set there. (Although few people use it.) Hax occurs so frequently there, I refuse to use it as any sort of official media, team testing ONLY. (Ie; tournaments). This isn't my complaint alone either, this is the voice of many; with a very small handful contradicting that just because they dislike Shoddy. Trust me, if you have anything less than perfect luck, stay away from PO.

Alternatively, PokéLab (Shoddy2) came out recently. It's quite nice, although I haven't researched it extensively.

I'm actually inclined to agree about the hax... I battled Tbird and UnderXRay quite a lot and hax seems to be the determining winner of the battle. Hax is a player in Pokemon matches... but maybe it shouldn't be that frequent...

UnderXRay: eeewww why are their spirte looks like this? O_O

(Yes, I am battling in Gen III mode)

Start of turn 31

The foe's NiteNight used Fire Punch!

It's super effective!

Wisteria lost 170 HP! (62% of its health)

Wisteria's Effect Spore activates!

The foe's NiteNight fell asleep!

The foe's NiteNight ate its Lum Berry!

The foe's NiteNight's status cleared!

Wisteria used Spore!

The foe's NiteNight fell asleep!

Wisteria restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

UnderXRay: wow..................

Start of turn 35

Wisteria is tightening its focus!

The foe's Swampert is fast asleep!

Wisteria used Focus Punch!

A critical hit!

The foe's Swampert lost 63% of its health!

The foe's Swampert fainted!

Start of turn 12

The foe's Pteradactyl used Earthquake!

It's super effective!

Esther lost 294 HP! (76% of its health)

Esther used Thunderbolt!

It's super effective!

A critical hit!

The foe's Pteradactyl lost 100% of its health!

The foe's Pteradactyl fainted!

Wraith89: Wth

Tbird: Aero sucks hard

Wraith89: Nah

Wraith89: I think it's just the dumb hax

(Note: in the previous match, my Nidoqueen parahaxes Tbird's Aerodactyl... so either way Aero couldn't break through Nidoqueen)

The foe's Salamence used Earthquake!

A critical hit!

Skipper lost 363 HP! (89% of its health!)

Skipper fainted!

(Note: Tbird was down to one Pokemon... my Swampert was good enough to counter Salamence... oh no it's a critical hit! Denied! Turned a 3-1 into a 0-1.)

Those are just a few examples of the many evil haxxes... but even so, I did have a few battles when it was mostly hax free and enjoyable. I guess it is a toss up here...

Edited by wraith89
Very funny Gin... what did I even write in the first place? Now I forget >_>

YEah there's a lot of hax... I can't say much more hax than I've encountered else where... but I've never seriously battled there, often or critically enough to tell in any case.

I remember one old glitch back in my Double-Dance testing, where Belly drum did not cut half of the HP... I got a few nice sweeps there :D.

On the whole it's not a terrible place, I love the interface and all that lovely stuff, the ability to play 3rd gen is awesome too. However, as soon as Shoddy2 is nice and ready/ bug free I would suggest moving there.

... If for nothing else, we know that shoddy IS reliable.

I've been playing with Shoddy 2. They call it Pokemon Labratory. (PokéLab). it's pretty nice, and reliable. Worth giving a shot, and PP should totally put a server there imo.

I'm having the worst luck with trying to find people that used to be on the old Shoddy server on Pokemon Online. I think I am going to the right server, Project Pokemon, but the only people that ever show up on there only speak Spanish. Am I going to the right one?

Sorry I wish I was more online often. Is it a rather deserted place... or are you signing on Pokemon Project? Many Spanish did get both confused and ended up signing on Project Pokemon. Meh, I'll be on for now and feel free to shout my name if you need me or something... but I won't notice until "Wraith89" is said (it glows PO orange in my taskbar).

Hey Sukotto, if you find that the PP server is deserted you can always come check out mine couple of the old guys are in there occasionally too. PM if you wanna know which.

Heck yeah Tbird. Wraith was telling me about your servers the other day on the PP server, but I forgot which ones they are.

Anyone else having trouble getting onto the PP server for PokeOnline? It hasn't been showing up in the list of available servers. :(

Occasionally me and wraith try to find it and it's never there.

i'm now active on the smogon server- pm me for my name there. if we get people active enough, i'll grab alpha and get him to fix up our server

Fun. Let's have some PP reunion. Once 18 May finishes, I think I can start becoming more active in this.

I look forward to this site having its own PO server. I spend a lot of time on there. The main server I've been with is The Battle Tower. The owners there are personal friends of mine. However, if a server is established for here, I'd be happy to join. Like wraith, I'll definitely be able to get on much more often when I leave school (which should be between 18 May - 25 May).

Edit: Also, my friend would be more than happy to lend a copy of its script to use for the server here. It is an amazing script that can, of course, be edited to liking. It was originally developed by Lutra who is amazing in scripts. The tiers can also be edited to liking. Only ask, and I'll be happy to provide a copy of the script.

We actually had a really nice server before, and as this is primarily an r&d site, i'm sure we have scripts for the server covered. However, I'll be sure to let Alpha, etc. know!

We never actually implemented scripts into our server, however. It was quite plain, as I have seen servers with more commands and whatnot than the default package. Conri's friend's script may come in handy, though we do not have any idea what it is supposed to do.

Do you mean the script itself or a script in general? Also, if you want, I can find Lutra's original updated script before we adjusted it on The Battle Tower server. I'll try to get more information about our current version of the script as well as the unedited version. Lutra's scripts are very well known and amazing. Many servers use his I think.

Scripts in general, rather. Other servers had a lot of interesting scripts.

Most of the 'interesting' scripts were just like mod kicks and x has farted, etc.

Imposter mode was fun, and some allowed for easier management :/

But yes, they were not anything battle related.

I would like a script where a default perma-weather could be simulated for each battle... if that is possible. It would be quite the interesting thing.