Special Demo Steelix (JPN) [PL6][PK6] 1.0.0

3 Screenshots

About This File

This event is one out of two new Mega Evolving Pokemon distributed, Glalie International and Steelix Japan 3DS,
that is distributed to players for playing the Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version.

In the Special Demo, the Pokemon is encountered in a battle, with it's stats, nature, ability, and gender, fully randomized, as per any battle,
with the exception of it's Species, Level, and that it cannot be Shiny, being preset.
After capture, it can be nicknamed, and then can it be sent as a gift to the full versions of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

The language of the event is determined by the language of game save of the Special Demo Version,
so it's possible to receive a Pokemon with different Language of Origin from the save of the full versions of the game.

However, this Steelix can only be have Japanese as it's Language of Origin,
as only Japanese 3DS Special Demo Version can encounter this Steelix,
and the Special Demo Version for the Japanese Region does not have the language selection screen at the start of the Demo.

Even when not nicknamed in the Special Demo, this Pokemon will have it's Nickname Flag checked,
as long as the name it currently has is different from the default name of the species of the receiving game save's language.

The Trainer ID is randomly generated and assigned when starting the Special Demo,
and the Original Trainer will be Orlando ENG, FRE, GER, ITA, SPA or オメガ JPN or  오메가 KOR.
^ OT name languages refers to language of Special Demo, not Full versions.

Below shows the exact details of the contributed .PL6 and .PK6 file:

Species   Steelix 
 Nickname   (default, save lang) 
 OT   オメガ 
 TID   29231 
 Distribution   Pokémon Link
(ORAS Demo) 
 Location   Pokémon Link 
 Dates   Oct 15, 2014 onwards 
 PID   Cannot Be Shiny 
 Games   Given to: JP 3DS: ORAS 
Preset as: AS 

Poke Ball Lv. 40  
 Nature   Random 
 Ability   Rock Head (1) or Sturdy (2) 
 Item    Steelixite 
 Card Per Save    - 
  Moves   (ITALIC means Relearnable)
  Iron Tail Iron Tail   Crunch Crunch
  Rock Slide Rock Slide   Screech Screech
  WC ID 0: 「Simulated Japanese ORAS Demo Steelix.」's receiving text
0x00 Thank you for coming to see the Pokémon Movie! Please pick up your gift from the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center.

(no ribbons)
Simulated Japanese ORAS Demo Steelix.
Simulated Japanese ORAS Demo Steelix.

Format Ver.2.1.2-2, Post Updated Date:20210823_1625

(The details were converted into a simulated file, which that file was then used as a HTML)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can you set the language of the special demo to the japanese language to get the Steelix and transfer it to an american copy of alpha ruby or omega sapphire?

This steelix is only available on the Japanese (region) version of the Demo.

Setting any other region’s language to Japanese (language) will not yield you a Steelix.

I believe it depends on the 3DS region, not the demo installed on the 3DS, becaure there is only one version of the Demo. So, to recieve this Steelix it will be neccesary to change the 3DS region to Japan and play the demo and the full game on that 3DS until receiving Steelix (or using a japanese 3DS).

In one of my 3DSs with the Demo already installed I created an Emunand and change the region to Japan and now the Demo in that Emunand it is the japanese version of the demo without language selector. I have not tested because I did this to obtain japanese exclusive Vivillon (I created a Japanese region emunand in one 3DS and american region in another to be obtain all Vivillon forms)

Edited by javier_himura

Yeah but legitimately you won’t be able to download the incorrect demo, nor change the device’s region.

also the Vivillon test it’s inaccurate; it’s related to the geographical data saved in the user data of the device, for selected country.

hence why spoofing region + country and starting a new game didn’t change the Vivillon form. A separate set of data is stored in the 3DS itself and that wasn’t changed.

I don't mean to spoof region + country temporarily. I mean to change the 3DS region by installing another region firmware using a CTRTransfer of a Japanse 3DS Firmware so the 3DS it became a Japanese 3DS with only Japanese language and geographical data available in settings. So, I changed the 3DS to Japanese, selected in settings a prefecture with an exclusive Vivillon form (Tokyo if I am correct) and started a new savefile on that 3DS. The same with the Demo. Given my 3DS is now a Japanse 3DS the Demo only allows to play in Japanese and probably will unlock this Steelix.

On 12/18/2022 at 1:18 AM, javier_himura said:

I don't mean to spoof region + country temporarily. I mean to change the 3DS region by installing another region firmware using a CTRTransfer of a Japanse 3DS Firmware so the 3DS it became a Japanese 3DS with only Japanese language and geographical data available in settings. So, I changed the 3DS to Japanese, selected in settings a prefecture with an exclusive Vivillon form (Tokyo if I am correct) and started a new savefile on that 3DS. The same with the Demo. Given my 3DS is now a Japanse 3DS the Demo only allows to play in Japanese and probably will unlock this Steelix.

Fair enough. Tho it doesn’t matter either way if you’re doing it without piracy.

Piracy isn't neccesary. There is only one version of the Demo. Japanese and Western Demo is the same, it doen't depend on the Demo installed to recieve Steelix or Glacie. It seems it depends on the 3DS Device and not about being differnet demo versions.

I already had the demo installed on my 3DS from european NIntendo store and after doing all process of CTRTransfer the Demo remains installed but now is only in Japanese. I have played the first adventure and received Steelix instead of Glacie.

IIRC CTRTransfer files are dumped from a different user’s console. It is possible to argue that as piracy.

The demo, if obtained from external sources, are also piracy. (Doesn’t count as one if you obtained it from your own dump).

Granted, I find it interesting and would at some point rephrase the language used to describe the scenario, thanks. :)

Oh, I understand. I didn't realize the CTRTransfer could be considered that.

About the Demo itself I suppose it could be obtained from external sources but I never contemplated that option given that it is legally available for free on Nintendo store so it cost no money to legally obtain the Demo on all my devices, at least until the store is closed in a few months.