Wiki group

Now based on the title I'm sure you can realize that this page is going to be about the wiki social group I made. This group is dedicated to working on the wiki by making in depth articles that clearly, show mastery of the topic, are neat and organized, and pleasant to read. The group is also dedicated to brainstorming ideas for articles because sometimes its hard to come up with things to write. We all have our writers block moments.

Here is a link to the group page.

If you either have the wiki contributor badge, have ever contributed to the wiki, or want to contribute to the wiki but need ideas then this is the group to join. I highly suggest that if you do have the wiki contributor badge that you join the group, just because you obtained the badge doesn't mean you should ever stop contributing.

*note: You do not have to be a member of our group to edit the wiki...just thought I'd say that.*

Some standards we want the members of our group to abide by.

-Be accurate

-Be neat

-Be as short as possible but in depth as possible. It is vital to not lose the attention of the reader.

-Work together

Current projects

Bag data (a combination of a lot of projects all thrown into one)

Anime Episodes

Evolution guide

Pokemon mystery dungeon item list

Breeding page

National Dex page

Wiki pokedex

Great Marsh_Post National dex (meaning after obtaining the national dex)

For specifics on the projects go to the topic that talks about them on the group page.

Current members

Pokemonfan

Flootenkerp

mewtwo Ex

pichu2001

coolness

4evil

Batman Begs

Albinodrow

Naru-Chu

Bear831

Telos

Skaterman1995

Neodraven

bobtheedibleone

Wiki pokedex project info

Members working on it...

~pokemonfan

~Naru-chu

~Telos

~Bear831

what needs to be included in each article

~appearance in the anime

~level up moves

~TMs/HMs

~Wild data

~tutor moves

~ egg moves (this can come later or so)

~origin

~name origin

~special facts (trivia)

~and anything else you can cram in there.

If you have any questions PM me

Check out this page. It's the perfect example of what needs to be on it. If you dont have all the information or the time to edit it all in just at least create the section for others to work on. Props to bear831 for the correct way to do it. He set it all up but didn't add all the info but at least he set it up!

Bag data project

The bag data project, formerly the item dex project, is a merging of several projects that link from one page. This project deals with every item you can ever have in your bag. Its going to be one of our bigger projects like the wiki pokedex project. I found a wonderful list of items somewhere else on the wiki. I have no idea who made it otherwise they would be credited.

This list is very useful.

LIST

Master Ball

Ultra Ball

Great Ball

Poké Ball

Safari Ball

Net Ball

Dive Ball

Nest Ball

Repeat Ball

Timer Ball

Luxury Ball

premier Ball

Dusk Ball

Heal Ball

Quick Ball

Cherish Ball

Medicine

Potion

Antidote

Burn Heal

Ice Heal

Awakening

Parlyz Heal

Full Restore

Max Potion

Hyper Potion

Super Potion

Full Heal

Revive

Max Revive

Fresh Water

Soda Pop

Lemonade

Moomoo Milk

EnergyPowder

Energy Root

Heal Powder

Revival Herb

Ether

Max Ether

Elixir

Max Elixir

Lava Cookie

Berry Juice

Sacred Ash

HP Up

Protein

Iron

Carbos

Calcium

Rare Candy

PP Up

Zinc

PP Max

Old Gateau

Battle Items

Guard Spec.

Dire Hit

X attack

X Defend

X Speed

X Accuracy

X Special

X Sp. Def

Poké Doll

Fluffy Tail

Blue Flute

Yellow Flute

Red Flute

Black Flute

White Flute

General Items 1

Shoal Salt

Shoal Shell

Red Shard

Blue Shard

Yellow Shard

Green Shard

Super Repel

Max Repel

Escape Rope

Repel

Sun Stone

Moon Stone

Fire Stone

Thunderstone

Water Stone

Leaf Stone

TinyMushroom

Big Mushroom

Pearl

Big Pearl

Stardust

Star Piece

Nugget

Heart Scale

Honey

Growth Mulch

Damp Mulch

Stable Mulch

Gooey Mulch

Root Fossil

Claw Fossil

Helix Fossil

Dome Fossil

Old Amber

Armor Fossil

Skull Fossil

Rare Bone

Shiny Stone

Dusk Stone

Dawn Stone

Oval Stone

Odd Keystone

Griseous Orb (Platinum only)

Adamant Orb

Lustrous Orb

Mail

Grass Mail

Flame Mail

Bubble Mail

Bloom Mail

Tunnel Mail

Steel Mail

Heart Mail

Snow Mail

Space Mail

Air Mail

Mosaic Mail

Brick Mail

Berries

Cheri Berry

Chesto Berry

Pecha Berry

Rawst Berry

Aspear Berry

Leppa Berry

Oran Berry

Persim Berry

Lum Berry

Sitrus Berry

Figy Berry

Wiki Berry

Mago Berry

Aguav Berry

Iapapa Berry

Razz Berry

Bluk Berry

Nanab Berry

Wepear Berry

Pinap Berry

Pomeg Berry

Kelpsy Berry

Qualot Berry

Hondew Berry

Grepa Berry

Tamato Berry

Cornn Berry

Magost Berry

Rabuta Berry

Nomel Berry

Spelon Berry

Pamtre Berry

Watmel Berry

Durin Berry

Belue Berry

Occa Berry

Passho Berry

Wacan Berry

Rindo Berry

Yache Berry

Chople Berry

Kebia Berry

Shuca Berry

Coba Berry

Payapa Berry

Tanga Berry

Charti Berry

Kasib Berry

Haban Berry

Colbur Berry

Babiri Berry

Chilan Berry

Liechi Berry

Ganlon Berry

Salac Berry

Petaya Berry

Apicot Berry

Lansat Berry

Starf Berry

Enigma Berry

Micle Berry

Custap Berry

Jaboca Berry

Rowap Berry

Held Items

BrightPowder

White Herb

Macho Brace

Exp. Share

Quick Claw

Soothe Bell

Mental Herb

Choice Band

King's Rock

SilverPowder

Amulet Coin

Cleanse Tag

Soul Dew

DeepSeaTooth

DeepSeaScale

Smoke Ball

Everstone

Focus Band

Lucky Egg

Scope Lens

Metal Coat

Leftovers

Dragon Scale

Light Ball

Soft Sand

Hard Stone

Miracle Seed

BlackGlasses

Black Belt

Magnet

Mystic Water

Sharp Beak

Poison Barb

NeverMeltIce

Spell Tag

TwistedSpoon

Charcoal

Dragon Fang

Silk Scarf

Up-Grade

Shell Bell

Sea Incense

Lax Incense

Lucky Punch

Metal Powder

Thick Club

Stick

Red Scarf

Blue Scarf

Pink Scarf

green Scarf

Yellow Scarf

Wide Lens

Muscle Band

Wise Glasses

Expert Belt

Light Clay

Life Orb

Power Herb

Toxic Orb

Flame Orb

Quick Powder

Focus Sash

Zoom Lens

Metronome

Iron Ball

Lagging Tail

Destiny Knot

Black Sludge

Icy Rock

Smooth Rock

Heat Rock

Damp Rock

Grip Claw

Choice Scarf

Sticky Barb

Power Bracer

Power Belt

Power Lens

Power Band

Power Anklet

Power Weight

Shed Shell

Big Root

Choice Specs

Flame Plate

Splash Plate

Zap Plate

Meadow Plate

Icicle Plate

Fist Plate

Toxic Plate

Earth Plate

Sky Plate

Mind Plate

Insect Plate

Stone Plate

Spooky Plate

Draco Plate

Dread Plate

Iron Plate

Odd Incense

Rock Incense

full Incense

Wave Incense

Rose Incense

Luck Incense

Pure Incense

Protector

Electirizer

Magmarizer

Dubious Disc

Reaper Cloth

Razor Claw

Razor Fang

Key items

Explorer Kit

Loot Sack

Rule Book

Poké Radar

Point Card

Journal

Seal Case

Fashion Case

Seal Bag

Pal Pad

Works Key

Old Charm

Galactic Key

Red Chain

Town Map

Vs. Seeker

Coin Case

Old Rod

Good Rod

Super Rod

Sprayduck

Poffin Case

Bicycle

Suite Key

Oak's Letter

Lunar Wing

Member Card

Azure Flute

S.S. Ticket

Contest Pass

Magma Stone

Parcel

Coupon 1

Coupon 2

Coupon 3

Storage Key

SecretPotion

Vs. Recorder (Platinum only)

Glacidia Flower (Platinum only)

Secret Key (Platinum only)

I have created the main page that has all the links to bridge off of. Here is a link to that page. If you have any questions please PM me.

JOBS

I noticed that maybe there are certain jobs that need to be made for our wiki group such as the following...

-critic

-writer

-leader

-editor

Critic

Critics are the people that will review and rate each one of our articles. They will rate out of ten.

2 points for neatness (is the article neat)

2 points for clarity (can you understand the article)

2 points for appeal (does the article have a nice appealing look to it?)

2 points for content (does the article have good information?)

2 points for proper grammar (does the article properly use grammar, punctuation, and spelling?)

Then at the bottom of the page you write your review and give your rating. Make sure to state why so if its anything less then a ten our group can fix it.

Writer

Everyone in the wiki group is set as a writer until further notice. The people with writer status write the articles..simple as that.

Editor

Each member is also partially set as an editor (but it would be nice if we could have some people that mainly focused on this) their job is to read the reviews of the critic or read the article and fix the mistakes add content and stuff like that. The writer and editor job usually goes hand in hand.

Leader

These people are the ones in charge of the various projects our group runs. These people are very important. I myself am the leader of the group but I'm only the co. leader of all the projects so that others can be the "head honchos" of a specific project and I'm not supremely in charge of everything.

Any questions about the specific jobs or you want to have one of the specific jobs (other then writer) then PM me.

Current leaders...

-pokemonfan (obviously) (co leader of all projects and mains the anime project)

-Albinodrow (berry and breeding pages)

-Telos (evolution guide and wiki pokedex)

-Naru-chu (wiki pokedex)

Current writers..

-everyone

Current editors

-no one yet that focuses completely on editing the fine details

Current critics

-bobtheedibleone

==========================Project Workers==============================

I'm very sorry if I forgot your name in some of the places where it needs to be.

===================== Bag data workers==================

-pokemonfan

-4evil

-bear831

-Albinodrow

-coolness

-bobtheedibleone

(looking for leader) for now pokemonfan is in charge

====================Berries Page workers=================

-Pokemonfan (leader)

-Albinodrow (leader)

(goes along with bag data project)

==================Anime episodes=======================

-Pokemonfan (leader)

==================Evolution Guide======================

-Telos (leader)

==================Pokemon Mystery dungeon item list========

(no one)

I would like it if we put this aside for now. It doesn’t directly have to do with the generation games. I would like to avoid it and come back to it later.

================ Pokeballs page ======================

-Pokemonfan

-Coolness

-bobtheedibleone (practically the leader of this extension)

(part of bag data project)

================== Breeding page ====================

-albinodrow (leader)

-Pokemonfan

Mainly done but we need to check it over

=================== National dex page ===========================

-naru chu (leader)

This page is to link to all the different pages in our wiki pokedex

=================== Wiki pokedex =============================

-naru chu (leader)

-Pokemonfan (leader)

-telos

-bear831

In depth guys! Better then your normal pokedex

======== Great Marsh_Post National dex =================================

(no leader and no work)

A side project really don’t focus on it much.

DISREGARD EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT SEREBII FEEL FREE TO USE IT. It would be nice if you double checked the information you took from their with some other source though. As SCV said they sometimes make up things just to have something to say.

If you decide to start working on one of the projects please PM me otherwise try to stick with one and not spread yourself out.

Also if I forgot your name somewhere in a spot where you have been working please PM me so I can fix that. Also if you have any project suggestions please PM me. Several people have and their projects have not been added yet due to the fact that we have lots to deal with at the moment. If we get two or three projects out of the way the new ones will be added in.

===========================================

I will be editing with more updates! Please join!

Edited by pokemonfan
merged a project with another it has become a big one now

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since I joined the group (got invited) I decided to actually make edits and make things better.

I'm working on making the berry page epic, and afterwards I already have a guide I wrote on breeding and such. I'm pretty much just taking my guide and what I already have on stuff and putting it in here xD

Oh well, back to berries

Well i am working on a platinum guide if anyone whould like to help me (as i have been quite busy and not gotten to it in a while ) then please dont hesitate to ask :D

Also i think an evolution guide whould be good you know when a pokemon evolves,weather certain tasks must be accomplished for evolution that kinda stuff.If one is needed i can do it/help to do it?

Did you want to join the group? Its been a while since I've checked the group page but your welcome to join. The evolution guide sounds like a good idea....

Edit:

Albinodrow, you did some mega good editing on the berries page :) As for the breeding...I'm pretty sure there are already pages for the topic of breeding. You could edit them cleaning up the article and adding new things.

Did you want to join the group? Its been a while since I've checked the group page but your welcome to join. The evolution guide sounds like a good idea....

Edit:

Albinodrow, you did some mega good editing on the berries page :) As for the breeding...I'm pretty sure there are already pages for the topic of breeding. You could edit them cleaning up the article and adding new things.

Edited, re-wrote, and otherwise fixed the entire page to be 100% accurate and easy to understand.

Holy crapola there was a lot of bad info...

Edited, re-wrote, and otherwise fixed the entire page to be 100% accurate and easy to understand.

Holy crapola there was a lot of bad info...

:( I wrote that article :( I realize that it was hard to understand and probably had a lot of flaws. Your newer article looks great. Short, sweet, neat, and to the point! Good job!

Numbers 1 - 151 are done :D

now who will tell me how to add a table of contents?

The Table of Contents is an automatic feature that happens when there are 4 or more headers, and it then appears before the first heading. There are codes to get rid of it, place it in a certain spot, etc. But not make one appear, this is why the Table of Contents cannot be seen anywhere on the Edit Page.

Awesome telos. This is great guys I never thought that I'd get such a positive response. We're doing great but I think we're spreading ourselves thin. I think we should choose a project and stick with it or at least not introduce new projects. I was having brainstorms and I figured it wouldn't do that much but we need to concentrate ourselves if we're ever going to get anything done.

This next part is very, very important...

Edit: In no way are we EVER to use serebii. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER...I saw who was credited in the indepth national pokedex page and practically died. (no offense naru chu you're doing great) but NO more serebii. If you need images take them from our site's pokedex NEVER EVER SEREBII'S.

"..."serebii-ization" of this community. No one wants that, but there are already signs of it around the site and forums."

~Satoshix

Let's not add to those signs people. DONT USE SEREBII.

Awesome telos. This is great guys I never thought that I'd get such a positive response. We're doing great but I think we're spreading ourselves thin. I think we should choose a project and stick with it or at least not introduce new projects. I was having brainstorms and I figured it wouldn't do that much but we need to concentrate ourselves if we're ever going to get anything done.

This next part is very, very important...

Edit: In no way are we EVER to use serebii. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER...I saw who was credited in the indepth national pokedex page and practically died. (no offense naru chu you're doing great) but NO more serebii. If you need images take them from our site's pokedex NEVER EVER SEREBII'S.

"..."serebii-ization" of this community. No one wants that, but there are already signs of it around the site and forums."

~Satoshix

Let's not add to those signs people. DONT USE SEREBII.

... that's not what Satoshi meant. What's wrong with using other Pokemon sites as resources? If you ever need resources, use all the resources you can. But I wouldn't solely depend on Serebii.

I know, but really why serebii? I probably mistranslated his words...maybe its my own serebii dislike. Why cant we use our own site to see the order of the national dex or take pictures, or use their movesets? Why do we have to venture elsewhere when a lots of it is right here? Although there are some parts that just cant be taken from this site but serebii in my eyes should be avoided. Dont I have a right to voice an opinion?

Wouldn't serebii ization also be taking exact data from their site? Why would we want to do that..dont you think that's a tad bit of serebii ization?

I know, but really why serebii? I probably mistranslated his words...maybe its my own serebii dislike. Why cant we use our own site to see the order of the national dex or take pictures, or use their movesets? Why do we have to venture elsewhere when a lots of it is right here? Although there are some parts that just cant be taken from this site but serebii in my eyes should be avoided. Dont I have a right to voice an opinion?

Wouldn't serebii ization also be taking exact data from their site? Why would we want to do that..dont you think that's a tad bit of serebii ization?

I think he was referring to the community, NOT the website itself. It is useful, you have to admit. But really, I wouldn't use Serebii as your main source either though.

The data is the same, no matter what the source. Whether we get it from Smogon, Marriland, Serebii, rip it from the ROM, or pull a rabbit out of a hat with the data written on an index card in its mouth, the data will always be the same, unless someone makes a mistake.

The data is the same, no matter what the source. Whether we get it from Smogon, Marriland, Serebii, rip it from the ROM, or pull a rabbit out of a hat with the data written on an index card in its mouth, the data will always be the same, unless someone makes a mistake.

This. And PF, don't ever let bias get to you. Bias ruins everything.

May i join, I'm not really sure what i could, do although if you gave me a specific job, i will do them to the best of my ability....... and i don't really have anything better to do, well i have to do my homework, although i could just wake up early, and do it then. :tongue:

This. And PF, don't ever let bias get to you. Bias ruins everything.

Yeah yeah, I see your point *stops arguing*, maybe that's why I lose most arguments :tongue:

May i join, I'm not really sure what i could, do although if you gave me a specific job, i will do them to the best of my ability....... and i don't really have anything better to do, well i have to do my homework, although i could just wake up early, and do it then. :tongue:

Yeah sure hottsushiz anything in particular?

Yeah yeah, I see your point *stops arguing*, maybe that's why I lose most arguments :tongue:

It's not about winning arguments, PF. You are missing the point. All I'm saying is... if you want to be successful in this Wiki Project, make sure you're not biased. Articles should be in Neutral Point of View to be effective (unless you're writing for a Right-Wing/Left-Wing publisher, but that's besides the point).

I'm only offering help... don't shun it like that o_O

If you know you're mistaken, accept it, and learn from it. Your bias currently is refusing Serebii as a citation tool... well, don't do that. Serebii provides some good information too... so give credits where credits are due. :)

I know its a good resource, doesn't mean I have to like it. Thanks wraith now I'm arguing again.

... what?

Of course you don't have to like it, but if you used it, you must cite it. General courtesy rules... and legal rules.