- 4 replies
- 480 views
- Add Reply
- 2 replies
- 1424 views
- Add Reply
- 86 replies
- 8672 views
- Add Reply
The most recent update of Invision Power Board (IPB, our forum system) comes integrated with 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) support. We've decided to switch to this having previously relied on an external plugin. Anyone who has previously configured 2FA will need to re-configure it. We apologize for the inconvenience, but on the bright side, this shouldn't be necessary in the future since as long as we stay with IPB.
For those of you who are not familiar with 2FA, it is a way to secure your account even further. In the event someone steals your password, they will be unable to enter your account without also having access to a device of yours that runs Google Authenticator. To set it up, install Google Authenticator on a supported device, scan the bar code found in your account settings, and enter the code that Authenticator displays. If you aren't able to use Google Authenticator or simply don't want to, you can also try WinAuth (thanks to @ReignOfComputer for making me aware of this). Using 2FA is not required, but highly recommended.
Update: PKHeX has been updated yet again to version 17.01.31, implementing further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
17/01/31 - New Update:
- Added: Default/Illegal(old code) fashion payloads for those wanting to undo/have anything.
- Changed: Internal program version updated to .NET 4.6.
- Changed: Improved exception checking for config & dll exceptions.
- Fixed: Geolocation data for 6->7 criteria relaxed to no longer falsely flag.
- Fixed: Alolan variant egg moves are now recognized correctly.
- Fixed: Japanese Event VC Mew no longer flagged for OT name.
- Fixed: Dream Ball inheritance check relaxed per new bank possibilities.
- Fixed: Importing wc6 on gen7 game no longer invalidates the origin version.
- Fixed: Setting Game Corner Coins to Gen1/2 saves is now capped at 9999.
The previous update 17.01.30 features few minor improvements and bug fixes, as detailed below.
17/01/30 - New Update:
- Added: Control right-clicking a PKM slot (box, party, etc) now allows direct legality checking.
- Added: 6/7 detection preferential treatment & other detection methods. Thanks sora10pls!
- Added: Remove All medals button now clears Unlocked/Complete flags even if not visible.
- Fixed: Badly constructed ShowdownSets throw less exceptions (hopefully none). Thanks Sonic Blader!
- Fixed: Cloning to all slots in a Gen1/2 english save no longer overflows. Thanks Wanderer1391!
- Fixed: Forme list for Burmy/Vivillon/Furfrou now displays correct formes. Thanks sora10pls!
- Fixed: Gen4/5 PID no longer automatically rerolls when changing ability lists. Thanks RoC!
- Fixed: Multiple legality edge cases. Thanks everyone who reported!
- Fixed: 1/6->7 transfer not applying geolocation data. Thanks RoC!
- Fixed: English Demo Greninja now is recognized correctly.
The previous update 17.01.28 brings in support for migrated Virtual Console and previous-Gen Pokemon, through Bank, into Sun and Moon.
- Added: Gen6->Gen7 transfer logic and Gen1->Gen7 transfer logic.
- - Note: Bank adds memories and geolocation data to all pk7 files it touches.
- - Added Gen6->Gen7 legality checks.
- - Added Gen1->Gen7 transfer legality checks. Full legality checking (encounter, moves) not performed.
- - Added Encounter Type to verbose export. (Hold control when checking legality for full report).
- - Added: Friend Safari IV check, Duplicate Relearn Move check, Poké Pelago Ball check.
- - Fixed edge cases. Thanks sora10pls, mcdrill89, drgoku282, Bellnox, Holla...
- - Removed Pre-Bank legality checks... because Bank now supports -> Gen 7.
- Batch Editor:
- - Now displays a property's current value (via PKM Tabs) to assist in defining edit instructions.
- - Added smart ability setting, use "$0" to set a PKM's ability and corresponding abilitynum to its first abil. $1, $2=hidden.
- Added: SD Card write protection is now detected on file load, and will alert the user if unable to save.
- Added: pk6/pk7 format guess-detection, since official methods do not. Thanks sora10pls!
- Added: WC7 enhanced descriptions when previewing individual Mystery Gifts / QRs.
- Added: Gen7 Hall of Fame Editor and more stat records. Thanks Holla!
- Added: Gen1 Pikachu Friendship to the generic Trainer Info editor.
- Added: Gen1 Shiny editing (Bank's criteria, different from Gen2).
- Added: Boxes can now be rearranged via the Box Layout editor.
- Added: EVs remaining tooltip - Hover over EV total textbox.
- Updated: German and Korean Translations. Thanks Korados & lilymaniac!
- Fixed: Gen4 Trainer Info no longer causes black screens, mystery gift now works. Thanks mariosmentor & Ammako!
- Fixed: More strings that have the exact same text as other indexes are now differentiated.
- Fixed: FR/LG inventory cap increased from 95->995. Thanks Ammako!
- Fixed: Wonder Card Gifts without CardIDs now save properly.
- Internals: Split program into .dll and .exe for code reuse on other projects.
According to the Japanese Pokémon Global Link website as reported by Serebii.net, thousands of people (5,954 to be precise) have been hit with bans from Online Play (Game Sync, Battle Competitions, Rating Battles, Global Missions).
Banned users will see error code 090-0212.[1,2]
The Pokémon Company has announced that they will continue their pursuit against people with edited save data.[1,2]
We urgently recommend not going online until we have more information on how these bans were triggered.