How do you set up your own GTS server where people can connect and take pokes

ORLYOWL

Been wanting to do this for a while now and I know you can do it because other people have so does anyone havee any easy instructions they can post here or is there a topic already around this, I did look for like half an hour and found nothing so any help is appreciated.

thank you

Been wanting to do this for a while now and I know you can do it because other people have so does anyone havee any easy instructions they can post here or is there a topic already around this, I did look for like half an hour and found nothing so any help is appreciated.

thank you

I havent seen this either ive look for it too and as far as i know the only place that has this is Pokemon GTS they have their own GTS but he says pretty clear that he wont reveal the mechanics to do it! otherwise than that i have found nothing else about this matter!

http://community.livejournal.com/pokewifi/2167924.html

step by step instructions on how to send .PKM files from your PC to your game cart. by giving out the DNS server settings the program gives you, in a sense you have created a server that people can connect to and receive whatever pokémon you choose to send. only problem is that you can only do 1 at a time but still a very handy trick to receive event pokémon you missed or to just share pokémon with others

NOTE: I believe this works I haven't tried it out for myself so it's not guaranteed. If anyone tries this method let me know if it works

Edited by dudeman665
added a note

• 1 year later...
http://community.livejournal.com/pokewifi/2167924.html

step by step instructions on how to send .PKM files from your PC to your game cart. by giving out the DNS server settings the program gives you, in a sense you have created a server that people can connect to and receive whatever pokémon you choose to send. only problem is that you can only do 1 at a time but still a very handy trick to receive event pokémon you missed or to just share pokémon with others

NOTE: I believe this works I haven't tried it out for myself so it's not guaranteed. If anyone tries this method let me know if it works

I used this method to try to set up my own GTS. It may or may not work for other people who aren't connected to a shared network, but for me, the problem is that the DNS setting that IR-GTS gives me is a local DNS setting (192.168.0.5). I can successfully use these settings to send Pokémon to and from my computer/DS, but other people can't access my server. I also tried giving out the IP address that http://www.find-ip-address.org/ gives me, but that doesn't work either. I have a decent knowledge of computers but I don't really know much about network settings.