Slot-2 Cartridge for Mystery Gift Picture

Nigoli

Now, we just need to hope someone with a flashcart can dump one of these distribution cartridges without being noticed.

That being said, they wouldn't be able to actually receive the event, since I don't think they'd allow us to change cartridges.

Now, we just need to hope someone with a flashcart can dump one of these distribution cartridges without being noticed.

Who's to say it can be dumped? It may not be just like dumping a GBA cartridge... the homebrew options for that may not work with one of those things.

We don't have any proof that it can't be dumped either.

Unless someone tried to dump it, we can't know for sure.

The only sure thing is that it must be the easiest distribution cart to dump.

TCGWC Pikachu... now that's a PCD we could really use; shame it's nigh-impossible at this point.

How many non-Japan events have actually used these things? VGC09 Milotic, as I recall... the WORLD08 Lucario? I'm curious how they'll manage to do the Shiny beasts outside Japan, when it's highly unlikely a retail event here would ever use a slot-2 distribution. There's no other way to really give people the choice of which they want.

TCGWC Pikachu... now that's a PCD we could really use; shame it's nigh-impossible at this point.

How many non-Japan events have actually used these things? VGC09 Milotic, as I recall... the WORLD08 Lucario? I'm curious how they'll manage to do the Shiny beasts outside Japan, when it's highly unlikely a retail event here would ever use a slot-2 distribution. There's no other way to really give people the choice of which they want.

What about just changing the distribution cartidges if somebody wants so?

Or just a simple menu on the DS? ;)

What about just changing the distribution cartidges if somebody wants so?

Or just a simple menu on the DS? ;)

Both of which take more active involvement on the part of the staff... the advantage to the current distribution packages is that a staff member can just turn it on when the store opens and leave it (I also gather they're usually kept in a locked drawer behind the counter). If they start having to switch cartridges constantly whenever a new kid comes in wanting one of them, or drag out the DS to fool around with an on-screen menu then it becomes a bit more of a hassle for Gamestop/TRU/whatever employees.

If they do all three in North America (if they choose just one, I'm betting it'll be Suicune), then my bet is on a date-centric distribution package like the Shaymin/Regigigas or Pichu/Jirachi ones... only this would have 3 Wondercards, each one having maybe a 3-4 week giveaway period.

They could give out each legendary dog at different locations, for example Suicine at TRU and Entei at Gamestop. It is all speculation and comes down to the what the retail stores want and how it meshes with Nintendo's plans.

They'll probably do similar as with the Gamestop Pichu and Jirachi.

A single distribution cartridge that contains all three of them, and the date on the DS will decide on which is being distributed.

There will be a lot of people there to download the event, so slot-2 distribution is out of question.

I have the question of how it works the Slot-2 distributions, cause how can you recive it if you have a DSi ?

And it will be awesome if you can put the other pics Nigoli !! Or pics of the cartridge outside of the DS.

You can't. You have to take out your game and put it in a DS lite/phat used by the distribution coordinators. As a matter of fact even if you have one of the models that accepts GBA carts, you have to fork over your 4th gen game card.

• 5 years later...

Here are Another SLOT 2 Distribution Cartridges

Regigigas Cartridge Open

Battle Festa 2006

Tanabata Jirachi 2007

(One with Salac and another with Ganlonberry)

10th Deoxys

Manaphy

Instead of using wireless, they used this GBA cartridge to transfer the Wondercard. They did this, because nobody without a pre-ordered ticket for the Pokémon movies/other Events was allowed to receive this Events.

Edited by King Impoleon
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...