Inconsistent Abilities/Class results for a given PID

Professor

I have searched the forums for an explanation to this but could not find any. I apologize if I did not search long enough and there is an answer.

My question is: why are different abilities given when using pokesav and PID/IV Generator when the PID, IVs, nature, and gender remain the same?

I first noted this inconsistency when I was editing a caught Geodude. I use Pokesav, PID/IV Generator, Legality Checker, and Soulsilver. I started by inputting wanted IVs into pokesav to get a legit PID, ability, nature, and gender. I entered the numbers and then clicked the PID/IV button and then the Generate button. Type1 algorithms are the legit ones so I only chose a type1 PID with the wanted nature and ability. Then I checked the pokesav PID in the PID/IV Generator by inputting the PID to get the corresponding IVs, nature, ability, and gender. But the ability came up different.

screenhunter02jun170440.jpg

I checked the edited pokemon with Legalitychecker and the result is ability 1. Acc. to projectpokemon, serebii, and bulbapedia, Rock Head is ability 1 and is the one I chose.

screenhunter03jun170456.jpg

I kept the original, unedited pkm file and checked that PID in both pokesav and PID/IV Gen and still get different ability numbers. I even downloaded a Geodude pkm and a Porygon-Z pkm file from http://www.pkmdb.com/PKM-Downloads-All-Generations to check their PIDs in both pokesav and the gen just to make sure it's not an error with my save, older gen pokemon, or trash hexes. But same problem, pokesav and the gen report different ability numbers with the gen reporting incorrect numbers for the given ability.

The version of PID/IV Generator I have is the one available here.

The interest like *likes to eat* effects stats as well. That's the difference.

No.

That Characteristic only tells you what the highest IV is.

The IVs have an effect on the Characteristic, not the opposite.

I think i got your answer, if im not mistaken ive have read somewhere that Legality Checker the Ablities/Class are flip flop, so if in pokesav Rock Head is 1 then itll be 2 on the Legality Checker. That´s what ive read im almost pretty sure about it, but if theres still any doubt of it just go to the Legality Checker questions section.