PKM File Map

Breyyne

I have recently gotten back into Pokemon with the release of HGSS and after doing some searching of the internet found a bit of an old itch. Character hacking.

I know there are a few programs out there that allow you to edit your pokemon saves and/or the pkm file itself and honestly those aren't what I am looking for. I am an old-school hacker, emphasis on the old, and while I probably shouldn't be playing such a game, I do find it's design compelling. Back when I was younger I would hack the character saves for the old D&D games to make my characters more powerful or as classes or races that were unplayable. I did this through hex editing.

Now back on topic, Has anyone out there compiled a full file map for the PKM file or just the handful of pieces out there about the 'junk' bits? The reason I ask is because I personally enjoy working in the rare data and having a since of power that comes from knowing that I could potentially create any pokemon from scratch and make it read as legit.

I have the patience to do the mapping from scratch on my own, I also know that it is also entertaining to work in a group, even a loosely formed on. So if any of you coders, hackers or pokefans out there want to help or work with me let me know.

Also, Mods, If this post is in the wrong location please accept my apologizes and move it accordingly.

Breyyne