Black and White Plot Speculation Thread

Alpha

At this point, we know very very little about Pokémon Black and White versions. This thread is for the general storyline in Generation V. Any ideas about the setup of towns or the mission of the enemies of the region can be here.

I would like to add a thread-specific rule to this specific thread to limit unneeded posts. Since we are we trying to promote discussion, I ask that at least two reasonable sentences be used in the posts.

Any post deemed unreasonable will be deleted.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the storyline will be your general pokemon storyline. You're a kid coming of poke-age seeking to be a master and some evil team, gets in the way. I think that's a given.

But outside of that there are things that I hope they do differently. Like maybe more side quests that can be done, that have an actual impact on the game ... not just 'Find where I am hiding in this room and I'll give you an item' Something more like, 'My slowbro is getting eaten by a snorlax ... help meeeeee.' And, I dunno, if you oblige to take the quest, people from different towns say stuff like 'oh you're that guy that blah blah blah' and maybe get a ribbon/special pokemon from it. You know? xD. Like they did with the farfetch'd thing in GSC. Little chance of that happening, but it's something that I'd like haha.

I'd also like to see stuff like optional gyms and stuff - again effecting the storyline, getting recognised as a stronger trainer as you complete more optional challenges.

I think there will be more towns and what not, so they can show off the fancy 3D thing and milk it for all it's worth. And that in itself gives me high hopes for there being more than 8 gyms.

The only difference I can see in the story as opposed to the other story lines is maybe Zoroark is the evil 'team' and instead of hunting down Giovani etc etc you actually have to try and stop Zoroark from destroying the place. But I suppose if they were going to milk the poste-rmon in a storyline in-game they would have already done that with Lucario...

I mean this is all wishful thinking, but as far as the story line goes I doubt we'll see any more than we have already seen from previous generations.

I believe that is more than two sentences :P.

Here is some pessimism.

You are a beginning trainer.

You get an old man's job to collect every pokemon in the world that nintendo has thought up till now.

After the third badge you meet the evil organization seeking world dominance and control.

You meet the region's champion after your fifth badge.

After the 7-th you go to stop the crime wave planned by the evil crime boss that wants to use some digimon type legendary pokemon that gets beaten by the protagonist.

Beat the game and the professor of the region tells you that you still have a lot to learn and to get his job done without moaning.

After you collect ever Digi-Pokemon, he tells you that life is full of mysteries or something like that.

You get a choice between a boy and a girl. Both look identical... VERY identical. Same clothes, same hair, same everything. You might even wonder if they're the same people. The boy's name is Bob. The girl's name is Bobette.

You get to choose a starter... whatever they may be (God knows what they are), probably Fire-Grass-Water configuration again. Your rival Bill picks the Pokemon that supposedly has the advantage against you.

First encounter is a bird or a rodent... a new bird which makes Staraptor obsolete... and the rodent makes Bidoof look smart.

You fight Bill a LOT during your journey... who just gathers random Pokemon.

Then you start going after gyms... and like the 8 Robot Masters in Megaman, it's 8 gym leaders >.>

Then some random evil team comes, either mafia/yakuza-esque (Rocket) or cultish (Magma/Aqua/Galactic) after some mascot Pokemon, and like Mewtwo EX said, much like a Digimon (seeing Dialga and Palkia you cannot deny that).

You fight it, game allows you to catch it. Yes, you, a 10-13 year old kid, catches a legendary Pokemon that the people would only dream of seeing... then you go on and fight the 8th gym, and none of them are surprised that you even have one. They fight it as if it was some normal Pokemon, but you end up destroying them anyhow.

Then you head on to the league, and fight the E4 and the Champion with your level 70 Rayquaza against level 50 Pokemon erm I mean the mascot DigiPokemon, and you have probably met the E4 members/champion much before the league.

Then professor comes, credits roll, and it's the end... NOT.

Professor asks you to come to his place again, and then you get a national dex and while you have only seen 200 + Pokemon... you get the joy of seeing 300 + more Pokemon and you have the weight of the world of catching all 500-600 Pokemon! Yay! -_-

Oh and the over 9000 extra legends they add in this game will TOTALLY make the old Pokemon obsolete. Articuno? Pffh. Let's try *insert name here who made Articuno obsolete*

Oh wait, but you cannot access them all! WHAT?! Trade with friends! If you're black trade with white and vice versa.

B-b-b-but what if they steal my Alakazam? Too bad! It's your loss!

NO! I WANT MY ALAKAZAM BACK YOU THIEF!

Then you meet Professor Oak... and once you caught all 500-600 Pokemon he says he's so proud and...

1fk4nm.jpg

........... whoo hoo I cannot wait for this game X_X

@ Wraith: Best... Post... Ever!!!

It'd be a lot to ask for, but it would be pretty sick to have a different storyline for boy and girl.

I'd laugh to see the sinister gangs/teams in these games be Team Ying and Team Yang. X)

I'm not sure what to expect, but it would be nice to see more reaction out of people for some legends you might have obtained ( much as Wraith pointed out).

Oh yeah, and I forgot. After getting the National Dex the professor gives you a tool so you can search the same boring places you've always been to............. but for new Pokemon (Pokeradar I am staring at you!). Who knows what they'll do, but I'm just thinking that they will recycle the same plot under a different setting.

Team Ying and Team Yang? LOL that sounds like an interesting idea and would fit the black/white theme.

The game looks too urban... I don't know how they will implement grasses and whatnot. From what I see, I'm really disliking the character designs... and the starters. :(

(well the Grass one looks cool...)

I think I will stop at HGSS unless someone convinces me otherwise. But if the Pokemon turn out stronger than the already broken Sinnoh Pokemon I wouldn't be surprised.

Where do you get your info.? As far as your info is concerned, Its almost completely off.

Sites like serebii.net will have official info.

Info.--> http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/

All announced 5th generation pokemon page--> http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

This was a speculation thread (name of the topic: BLACK AND WHITE PLOT SPECULATION THREAD)... and if you haven't noticed, we were pretty much making fun of what may just happen (like cliche and whatnot) before all that information was even released.

This might happen. So when you get your starter, eventually you meet a Zorua who has broken his leg. Now he is on your team. Team Ying/Yang know the hidden power for Zoruak or however you spell it. Then the Zorua eventually evolves into Zoruak and is power mad. Then you have to save the world. Bla bla bla.

Well this might be a special exception. Like maybe after you beat the game thats when you can only get Zorua. And if Zoroark isn't legendary, it is still going to be special. Its the star of the new pokemon movie, and a special event occurs with the dogs.

This was a speculation thread (name of the topic: BLACK AND WHITE PLOT SPECULATION THREAD)... and if you haven't noticed, we were pretty much making fun of what may just happen (like cliche and whatnot) before all that information was even released.

srry, I apologize for my rude comment...

Who ever said the Zoroark is legendary? Does it look legendary to you?!

The Pokemon you save are ALWAYS legendary. That is why they are mascots since G/S/C were released.

It might be legendary, becuse u need special event pokemon (shiny beasts) to unlock the battle w/Zoroark(which is also an event), which will also mean that Zoroark will be the first evolved legendary and Zorua the first legendary to evolve!

It might be legendary, becuse u need special event pokemon (shiny beasts) to unlock the battle w/Zoroark(which is also an event), which will also mean that Zoroark will be the first evolved legendary and Zorua the first legendary to evolve!

It's not a legendary unless i am proved wrong.

It' is not a legendary but if it is, it will not be the first legendary to have an evolution.

It's not guaranteed to be legendary if it has a movie - Lucario had a movie but is not anything special.

• 2 weeks later...

Or it might be like the spiky eared Pichu. Just because there's an event to get THAT specific Zoroark doesn't mean it'll be the ONLY way to get it. It might just be a special Zoroark. One with special moves if nothing else. Also, I read (on Serebii I think?) That CoroCoro is supposed to reveal how to get Zorua as well. I doubt they're just going to tell us to breed the Zoroark that we get from the legendary beast event.

I think that the Story Line will be the same as always, with 8 Gyms or maybe 16 Gyms like in HG/SS. You will have to fight Team Ying or Team Yang or maybe both like Team Magma and Team Aqua in Emerald. You will have to save the Prof. and then recieve your Starter and talk to your Mom. Then you go to the Prof. Lab and he'll or she'll check on it and ask you if you wan't to give it a Nick Name. Then you go outside and battle your Rival and he or she will give you 5 Pokeballs and take off. You go on a Side Quest and after that you go to battle the Gym Leader and start your Adventure. After your 3rd Gym Battle, you meet the Leader of Team Ying and Team Yang (Twin Leaders) and then you guys start talking and shortly after you meet the Elite 4 Champion and start talking about the Legend of how the Isshu Region was born and so on, ect. You travel until you reach the 7th Gym and you'll battle the Twin Leaders of Team Ying and Team Yangs and cupture the Legendary Pokemon (s) and then battle the 7th Gym Leader. You go on to battle the 8th Gym and after that, you'll meet someone from another Region and will give you a HM 8: Waterfall and head over to the Elite 4. You beat the Elite 4 and battle the Champion and win. Then the Credits come on and wow you beat the game...Not! After that you restart the game and you'll recieve the National Pokedex and start your New Adventure with the same old stuff and then there is nothing left to do and you wait and buy the next Pokemon Games that are suppose to come out the year after...(Sigh)

I also read on Serebii that they are going to reveal yet another 5th Gen Pokemon next month in June. I can't wait until then.

It's not a legendary unless i am proved wrong.

It' is not a legendary but if it is, it will not be the first legendary to have an evolution.

It's not guaranteed to be legendary if it has a movie - Lucario had a movie but is not anything special.

I like the 'it's not a legendary but if it is' part. :) Anyway, what legendary evolves? And in my mind, if Zoroark is a legendary, PKMN has gone sadly south. The water starter is absolutely horrible and the other two aren't far behind, but if they evolve cool then everything's good. Just look at Chimchar. I hated that starter, but he turned out mediocrely in the end. As for the whole general idea of the game, I hope to god that they do something--anything--different to spike my interests. Like the last four generations, the main story line has changed relatively little, so they better put a twist in there somewhere. Now for the my last qualm about Black/White, how many freaking PKMN can there be? I seriously doubt that there can be over 600 PKMN and people only hear about the 'new' ones whenever they decide to take a trip to a different region. It's all a bit weird, but I've been playing Yellow since I was three. As far as I'm concerned PKMN is one of the best franchises out there.

SO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT NINTENDO! MAKE THIS GAME GOOD!

They just revealed the two legendaries. If you go on Serebii they have the pictures. The white one looks maybe Ice/Psychic or Ice/Flying, or Ice/Normal. The second one could be Dark/Psychic, Dark/Flying, or Ghost/Psychic, Ghost/Flying.

No contest! The two mascot pokemon for black and white are super awesome! We can expect that these two will be some sort of god-like pokemon. but i was also wondering if they made it as an anti-god(devil) pokemon.

Zekrom looks some sort of a gargoyle and Reshiram looks somewhere near in gamefreak's new favorite design(the shape of cresselia and grass type starter Tsutaja)

...yeah i kinda like the light type thingy. and also presuming while gamefreak likes dragon types too much i'm guessing that Zekrom and Reshiram will be part dragon too. maybe the black & white versions will also have legendary trios and another one like Zekrom and Reshiram. And to top it all, a being just like Arceus and the clash off the ultimate pokemon begins.

oh, about the yin/yang thing plus the possibly NY like setting is a little bit. i think gamefreak is pushing it too hard.

Serebii confirmed that they are part dragons. I do agree though that the new legendaries do look cool. They look like something out of an awesome anime. Light type thing might happen though. I personally think it's time for Light vs Dark. It would bring a whole new edge in battling. If they make strong light types, it will be the new thing to counter. But the first guy could be Normal. If there isn't Light type, it would probably be Normal vs Dark, but Normal types are just so useless except a few, I'm betting on Light type. I think that this could be a good game. And on Serebii they also confirmed that there will be further differences between the games other then the pokemon. If the differences are big enough, Like maybe a different side quest after the game and not just pokemon, then it would be even better. Before it was just this. Oh here have a Diamond or a Pearl! The only difference is that both of them have different pokemon then each other which is becoming totally unique! But with this : Oh! Have a Black or White! They have the same base storyline, but the storyline is different from each other! There is different pokemon, but you'll enjoy playing both! Have a nice day!

I just thought of something else. Once you capture one of the dragons, Zekrom allows you to travel back in time or foward in time, or maybe both to see mankinds destruction of themselves. Reshiram could allow you to travel foward in time or maybe back in time, or both to see mankinds prosper/peace.