"Trading" with myself

frillth

Hey guys, I'm playing Pokemon Platinum, but due to various things I have literally no opportunities to trade with other people. This poses a problem, as I would like to evolve some of my pokemon (such as Kadabra and Haunter) that can only be evolved by trading.

As a solution to this, I thought I could try editing my save with Pokesav. If I change, for example, my Kadabra into an Alakazam, is there anything I need to change other than the pokemon type to make the pokemon be exactly if he had evolved?

wasnt there a glitch on gts for that or you dont have wi-fi.

Also im not exactly sure what your trying to say so let me summarize in case I don't. You are trying to editing your game by editing your own kadabra into an alakazam WITHOUT trading, but by means of changing the dex entry or something like that. Also note im not an expert at this stuff but guessing instead. I also don't understand that if you have an AR that you don't make the alakazam yourself instead of having to evolve it.

Or are you trying to do something with a rom? If so you can do the same thing as I stated above, i think. I surely dont understand but i hoped in a way even just a bit.

What I want to do is edit my Kadabra into an Alakazam so that he is identical to what he would have been like if I had traded him instead of editing him.

Do I just have to change him from a Kadabra into an Alakazam, or should I edit his stats also?

You could just make an egg that will hatch an Alakazam, and then go catch some weak Pokemon like Starly. This will make a record in that "last 12 Pokemon caught/traded" Poketch app. Lastly, just change your Kadabra into an Alakazam with Pokesav.

Problem solved! :)

NovaPhoenix's solution is anything but. It's just not needed.

To answer your question:

Changing your Kadabra into the Alakazam species will do everything that evolving would have done to it. The EVs and base stats of the new species will make it just fine.

If you want it added to you pokedex, offer it up on the GTS for an impossible or unlikely trade and then withdraw it right away.

If you want it added to you pokedex, offer it up on the GTS for an impossible or unlikely trade and then withdraw it right away.

or use wild pokemon modifier code .. and catch alakazam ..

and after that delete the pokemon xD ..

anyway if you evolve pokemon with pokesav ... don't forget to change the ability like the "original one" based on the class 1(ability 1) or class 2(ability 2)

so you need some reference like gamefaqs .. or the SCV's pokedex in the front page :) .. to help you tracking the ability xD

Thanks a ton, Guested. And xeomyr, which abilities are you talking about? Are you talking about the abilities like inner focus and blaze, or is there something I don't know about?

Yes.

If your pokemon's class is class 1, it needs to have the first ability, Synchronize.

But!

Kadabra and Alakazam are both Synchronize/Inner Focus, so don't worry about it.