113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your master ball?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't, because I never want to catch a Pokemon in a Masterball. Because it's too easy and plus I like to challenge my self a lot and I like it :P. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don't but if you try hard catching that one Pokemon with out a master ball I bet a lot of people could catch in a different or maybe even a pokeball ;).

Same here... it's never been used on any of my games (aside from me in Blue version using it to catch a Zubat of all things)... which makes me question if it is valuable at all...

It's not valuable. They sell at $0 if you can find a place to buy them. lol, some coincidence that is.

I don't use it myeslf, mostly as I perfer the theory of saving it for 'something special', which will never really happen. There's never really likly to be a scenario where there's no real opportunity to soft-reset if ultra ball/fast ball/dusk ball doesn't work out.

[ edit ]

Although, I say that as I remember I have a Dialga that was caught with a Masterball, but that was something someone freebie traded me before they reset their cart. Course, I rag them about it too.

Yup, I use mine. Usually it's for the first legendary: the one where you're underleveled for the fight or you don't have a statuser and it's just annoying trying to catch it.

Then again, the same thing happened to me and I was trying to catch Groudon and Kyogre... So, although it's not necessary, I use it. Mostly for convenience. I'm happy without, though.

There is nothing challenging about throwing a zillion balls at a Pokemon with a capture rate of 3. It doesn't take any skill to widdle the HP bar to 1 HP, inflict a status ailment, and then begin to hurl balls.

I went through this mess tonight with Articuno and I was about to pull my hair out--29 dusk balls (I decided to cook supper; I threw a ball every time I walked by my DS until it was caught). Zapdos, under identical conditions (i.e., HP down to 1, paralysis), took 5 dusk balls. Just another example - after 3 encounters with Raikou I nabbed him with a Quick ball. 6 encounters caught me Entei with the same method (full health with paralysis). Clearly, it is a lottery, not some highly technical routine.

Have I used my Master Ball yet? No. But I plan on using it. There's no reason to feel proud of not using it. I wish they put 5 Master Balls in the game.

Obviously I don't. The masterball is far too awesome to actually use.

Huh? That doesn't even make sense. If you don't use it, there's no point in having it, it's made to be used. Plus, it's not like it's GONE once you use it; it still shows up on whatever you used it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Way back when, in the original Red, I always used my Masterball on Mewtwo. Then, from Yellow on, I decided not to use it. However, that changed in my Heartgold, where I found the damn roaming Latias damn near impossible to hit with any attacks, so, after much deliberation, I finally decided to just use my damn Masterball.

I really only use it on hard to catch legandary pokemon because once when I was trying to catch Groudon I had 74 ultra balls and It still wasnt caught.I was like so shocked and I didnt have a master ball.So I just shut my dsi off,tried again and I finally caught it lol.

I can remember catching origin forme Giratina with a pokeball(after 25 dusk balls and 10 ultra). the other platinum legends we're easy aswell. ended up using the master ball on a shiney munchlax. but otherwise i almost always use it on something. It doesn't do any good just sitting there.