Can someone please explain type to me?

SteveBob

I can't find and explanation anywhere. There seem to be 8(?) types in the PID/IV generator in Pokesave and I don't know which Pokemon should be fitting into which type. It's to do with the game of origin right? How do I know which game is which type though?

I made a Palkia and Scizor, both type 1 and they came up Valid in Pokesav. My Mewtwo, Kyogre and Lugia just say Common NDS, no errors but it doesn't say Valid in green. Is that an issue?

Finally, this Arceus is coming up invalid, I assume it's also a type issue. It's type 1 which I thought was right but obviously something's up...

testxo.jpg

Thanks for any help, if there is a guide somewhere about type that I've stupidly missed I'd appreciate a link, it'll save you having to explain it to me :P

Invalid means not valid (if you didn't know that already). The [sync: Invalid] is nothing to worry about, if the game landed on your first PID call and the highest bit was 1, it runs a synchronize cycle, and would be Valid.

Since yours was Invalid, the game would not run a synchronize cycle check, look up how synchronize uses the RNG for more details.

EDIT: I accidentally switched the values, 0 runs the cycles, 1 is a fail.

Edited by NulMyre

Wait so it wouldn't run a sync cycle check (whatever one of those is) because the sync is invalid? In that case how is an invalid sync nothing to worry about? I have no idea what a PID call is or what "highest bit" means either unless it just means the highest number/part : /

What about the other that say neither valid or invalid for that final line?

Also, what on earth do the different "types" in the PID/IV generator refer to?

Thanks for trying to help but I'm very confused here :P

Edit:

Ok, just to clarify what I'm asking, I found another thread with the same issue that wasn't answered:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?6765-Pokesav-PID-IV-Generator-Headers-Types

It makes sense now, Pokesav clearly isn't displaying what it should be. Any way to fix it or a list of which type corresponds to which game?

Edited by SteveBob

in pokesav for HGSS, in pkm edit, hit PID/IV next to generate and hit generate in the new window that pops up, on the left u will see type1 type 2 and so on... DP/Platinum pkm have to be type 1 or its not legit...

if the game landed on your first PID call and the highest bit was 1, it runs a synchronize cycle, and would be Valid.

Since yours was Invalid, the game would not run a synchronize cycle check, look up how synchronize uses the RNG for more details.

Are you referring to the Pokemon ability "Synchronize"? I would assume so, since it deals with nature, which is an aspect of the PID. I'd appreciate some more information if you wouldn't mind elaborating.

Also, SteveBob, would you mind posting the .pkm file you used in the screenshot? I'd like to see the values in it.

Effect of Synchronize:

The high bit of s[n+1] acts as a trigger.

If it's 1, Synchronize has failed. In this case the method above is used, but s[n+1] is NOT recycled to determine nature. Instead another call is made to the RNG and that number is considered to be s[n+1].

If it's 0, the the target nature will be that of the first Pokémon in your party.

Next step is the PID generation.

I got it switched, 0 runs the cycles, 1 is a fail.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

Find >> "synchronize" >> 2nd one.

Hmmm well I'm not sure exactly where I'd upload a .pkm file to, never done that before.

Here's a link to the edit screen in Pokesav if that helps at all:

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6066/pokemonzi.jpg

All I really wanna know is if the Arceus is ok.

Also is a Pokemon like this ok?:

mewtwot.jpg

It says nothing about the sync at all, neither valid or invalid so is it cool? All my Pokemon that are not from D/P/Pt come up like that.

Hmmm well I'm not sure exactly where I'd upload a .pkm file to, never done that before.

You can attach it to your forum posts.

Here's a link to the edit screen in Pokesav if that helps at all:

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6066/pokemonzi.jpg

That showed me what I wanted to see, thanks.

All I really wanna know is if the Arceus is ok.

Also is a Pokemon like this ok?:

<image>

It says nothing about the sync at all, neither valid or invalid so is it cool? All my Pokemon that are not from D/P/Pt come up like that.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about exactly what needs to be set for Pokemon to be "legal" to answer your questions. I was just interested in the "sync" part of the legality checker.

However, according to the forum post NulMyre linked, it would seem that the "Sync" part does need to be valid in order for the Pokemon to more accurately match what's created by the game. (Assuming that the Legality Checker's "Sync" message isn't referring solely to the Synchronize ability as NulMyre said.) The post says this only applies to wild Pokemon and legendaries that can be Synchronized. I highly, highly doubt that any sort of "official hack check" is that detailed though.

Legality Checker only shows "Sync" if the met location is set to specific values, it seems. "Hall of Origin" is one (like your Arceus) that triggers it.

Legends should not trigger the sync check. You can ignore the sync validity, and I will look into it for the next version.

Synchronization (as told by mingot to me), is just what NulMyre said. The first call to the pokemon RNG is to determine if a synchronization check will be done, and subsequent calls determine what the nature should be, and if it matches the PID and IVs of the Pokemon. This is done for pokemon that are effected by the ability Synchronize during grass, cave, fishing, or surfing.