Send PKM files to retail games

Arjun - PeeB4UGo

Use this method to send pkm files to retail games via wifi to your gts gift center... gbasp.gif

-Download the file attached to this post, unzip it wherever.

-If you don't already have Python 2.6 download and install the version that fits your OS from http://python.org/download/

-In the files you unzipped earlier, look for sendpkm.py. Drag the PKM file you wish to send onto that file. Note that the PKM file must be a party PKM, not one from storage.

-A window will pop up telling you to set your DS's DNS server to the given address. To do this boot your pokemon game on your DS and choose "Nintendo WFC Settings" from the main menu.

-Tap whichever connection you're using and edit the settings. Select "No" for Auto-obtain DNS and enter the address given to you by the program for the primary DNS.

-Save the settings and go into the GTS/GTC ingame. It may take a few moments, but the PKM file on your computer will be sent to your game. If your party is full it will be sent to box 1 of the PC.

-Don't forget to set the DNS settings on your DS back to normal if you want to use official online functions!

sendpkm.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycydiznqzkz

Not my method, credits to LordLandon

Get .pkm files at http://www.pkmdb.com/NDS-English-Event-Downloads

or http://pkmdb.webs.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

POSTED BY Rydian

via http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211989.

Knowing that this is possible, wouldn't it be possible to replicate the GTS on your computer?

By this, I mean, would it be possible to "host" your own GTS on your own computer?

i think my issue maybe to do with my horrible retail O2 wireless box 2 i have. i've tried turnign off its internal firewall ect but the superuser details i've found recently on the net all seem to have been blocked out by O2 now.

if anyone is any better at this than i am i'd appreciate any help.

also i have found an ip address on the router which doesnt begin with 192.168.xxx.xxx which allows me to connect to the gts but the mon file i dragged to sendpkm.pl doesnt show up

i think my issue maybe to do with my horrible retail O2 wireless box 2 i have. i've tried turnign off its internal firewall ect but the superuser details i've found recently on the net all seem to have been blocked out by O2 now.

if anyone is any better at this than i am i'd appreciate any help.

also i have found an ip address on the router which doesnt begin with 192.168.xxx.xxx which allows me to connect to the gts but the mon file i dragged to sendpkm.pl doesnt show up

OH MY GIDDY AUNT. o2 boxes are awful! I used it for a bit before I swapped back to my old Netgear one. Never looked back.

• 8 months later...

Hello. my name is DeXtroze, and i'm here to give the Linux tutorial for sendpkm! :D -background applause-

i've come across this on many forrums, and the people state:

"Does this work on Linux?"

"it wont work with Linux."

"it docent work for me."

if this is you. please read this, so that your problems will be solved! :D

YOU WILL NEED:

1. sendpkm files (make sure you have all 3 PYC files!)

2. Pokesav of choice

INSTRUCTIONS:

step 1. if you have not already done so, install WINE program loader. goto terminal and type in:

sudo apt-get install wine

WINE will be used to run Pokesav. once your done installing WINE, and have created your pokemon goto step 2.

step 2. configuring sendpkm:

naturally, Linux does not perceive the sendpkm files as exceutable.

open up terminal again and type in this

chmod +x "path_to_sendpkm"/sendpkm.py

do this for all the files in the folder.

step 3. running python:

part a: updates:

in the same terminal run

sudo apt-get update

then

sudo apt-get install python

this ensures that your python is up to date

part b: running sendpkm:

before you can run sendpkm, you need to give yourself advanced privileges. or this will happen

Encoding!
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "sendpkm.py", line 46, in <module>
   initServ()
 File "/home/altxerror/Desktop/sendPKM/pokehaxlib.py", line 92, in initServ
   serv.bind(("0.0.0.0",80))
 File "<string>", line 1, in bind
socket.error: [Errno 13] Permission denied

so type in terminal

sudo su

enter your username and password to become root admin.

then type

python sendpkm.py

you should now see this:

"No arguments given, please enter path to .pkm or .bin file :"

enter the path to the file and then your done!

when done correctly you will see this:

altxerror@altxerror-desktop:~$ sudo su
[sudo] password for altxerror: 
root@altxerror-desktop:/home/altxerror# cd /home/altxerror/Desktop/sendPKMN
root@altxerror-desktop:/home/altxerror/Desktop/sendPKMN# python sendpkm.py
No arguments given, please enter path to .pkm or .bin file :
/home/altxerror/Desktop/sendPKMN/altxerror.pkm
Encoding!
Please set your DS's DNS server to 192.168.1.102

i hope this helped. look for more tutorials from DeXtroze!

• 2 months later...

You do know that Ubuntu and most Popular Linux distributions come with Python. On top of that you don't need to do anything else exept one thing if you already of Premade PKM files(Like ones you've downloaded from this Site). The only problem is Ports on the Linux system. I've had trouble getting it to work on Linux(Sometimes Linux systems like Ubuntu don't like it when certain programs access Port 80, I don't remember why) and I remember changing certain Port settings in the pokehaxlib.py but it was a while ago and I can't remember what I did exactly to get it to work. If you want I can see if I still have the Modded files and figure out what I did.