The Accuracy of Hypnosis in Wifi

wraith89

you know I never would have thought of that because that would be unfair to players who still using D/P for competitive battling compared to people with Platinum

It's an eternal dillema... so I wonder if the game crashes or something. Never before had they changed a move in-between a generation before.

well from what I just read it says that it makes it go down to 60

Where did you read that? I wish I could test it out somehow but it makes me wonder why they reduced the accuracy in the first place. Were Yanmega and Gengar just working too well? Or was 70% a mistake in the first place? It's Gamefreak... that's what you'd typically expect anyways.

just google "hypnosis pokemon platinum and diamond"

So Platinum's rules overshadows D/P's. Interesting, I never knew games could "patch up" like that. I knew something was wrong when I only landed Hypnosis like twice in the game (although the opponent landed Hypnosis every single time, but that's my bad luck and it's besides the point).

So were there any other effectual changes in the transition from D/P to Platinum?

Hypnosis' accuracy is going to make me write another essay.

Here's how it works on Wi-Fi battles, which I learned from personal testing. I have no idea if this also works with Union Room battles, because those don't follow the same circumstances.

On a Wi-Fi battle, if a Plat cart hosts the game, then Hypnosis' accuracy will be 60% for both players, EVEN if the other guy is using D/P.

If D/P player is hosting, Hypnosis will be 70%, even if the other guy is using Plat.

Solution: Use Butterfree. It's ability basically gives it a 99.7% accurate sleep and paralysis move.

Hypnosis' accuracy is going to make me write another essay.

Here's how it works on Wi-Fi battles, which I learned from personal testing. I have no idea if this also works with Union Room battles, because those don't follow the same circumstances.

On a Wi-Fi battle, if a Plat cart hosts the game, then Hypnosis' accuracy will be 60% for both players, EVEN if the other guy is using D/P.

If D/P player is hosting, Hypnosis will be 70%, even if the other guy is using Plat.

Solution: Use Butterfree. It's ability basically gives it a 99.7% accurate sleep and paralysis move.

I love my Butterfree. She took down a 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp.Def Lugia and a Magmortar all in the same battle thanks to that Killer Sleep Powder of hers. But for standard, I'd stick with a Sporing Breloom or a Sporing Smeragle or something, although none of them are too fast.

But killer rain glitch... ironically it does nothing to Rock/Ground/Steel types, even if it looks like it is supposed to.

Edited by wraith89

y not give it the zoom lenz as a hold item and make it near 99.9% accurate...thats what i do.

It really won't matter MUCH (although I hate it during those times when I DO miss)... and Zoom lens works only if you're going last, and that's NOT good, especially for Butterfree. Wide Lens can work, but it's rarely worth an item slot. Something like Focus Sash would be better to support Butterfree's frailty.

It really won't matter MUCH (although I hate it during those times when I DO miss)... and Zoom lens works only if you're going last, and that's NOT good, especially for Butterfree. Wide Lens can work, but it's rarely worth an item slot. Something like Focus Sash would be better to support Butterfree's frailty.

the wide lens is what i was talkin about...and i can agree with another item maybe being better...but i would rather ensure the sleep hit. just me

the wide lens is what i was talkin about...and i can agree with another item maybe being better...but i would rather ensure the sleep hit. just me

Yeah, but usually 95% accuracy is good enough. Even if it misses the first time, it'll usually hit the second time, and you survive with Focus Sash (unless there's bad weather or something). But even then, usually the first hit lands unless you were extremely unlucky.