Soul Silver Gamesave help - Steven Stone and the Copycat girl quest

dadxer

So, I've beaten the game and I've beaten Red. I received my Kanto starter from Professor Oak, and it came to my knowledge that you could also get a Hoenn Starter. After looking up where and how to obtain it, I headed to Silph Co in Saffron City, where he wasn't there. I thought maybe that I had to get the elevator to work with Rotom, but apparently that just sends you to one floor that allows you to take his different forms.

Well, apparently you meet, unlock Steven Stone by listening to the head of the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion City. After he gives you the copy cat doll, you're supposed to exit the house and run into Steven Stone (who apparently, at that time also unlocks Latios/Latias for you), which makes him appear later in the game at both SilphCo and the Pewter City Museum. None of this ever happened for me though, and I think I might know why.

Earlier in the game, when I was having problems with the Elite 4 I wanted to teach one of my Pokemon a new move by getting into the Battle Frontier early... but in order to use Battle Points I needed a Point card for them, and not sure if I could obtain it where I was in the game, I used the ARDS cheat that lets you get all key items. I think this might be the cause of my problems, because I already have the doll which I never gave to the girl, and I have the pass for the magnet train, which I believe you get from the copy cat girl for giving her the doll, and when I try to talk to them again it's as if I've already spoken to them.

I've tried to take some steps in fixing my save. I've deleted the key items that revolve around that side quest and it still hasn't worked, and I've tried deleting all of my Kanto badges, to make it as if I'd just stepped off of the ship that takes you there, but have had no such luck. Anyone think they can help me? Or am I going to have to stand pat on the quests revolving Steven Stone and hope that the next versions of Pokesav for HG/SS will let me reset these events?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Yes yes, I know. I'm immediately regretting it, and I realize it came back to bite me in the ass. It's especially annoying for me because it was over something so miniscule so please, spare me the lectures. :P

Yes, I'm having trouble getting Steven to appear at Silph Co. The Copycat girl is there, but the quest is already showing as completed on both her end and the end of the Pokemon Fan Club guy, and you're supposed to meet him during that quest. Not sure what else can be done unless someone knows how to modify my gamesave directly or can help direct me in doing it myself.

I appreciate the effort, but did you read my first post? I had already stated that I beat Red, and think I might've deduced why exactly Steven might not have shown up. Was just wondering if there was a way to hack/change my game save to maybe reset that quest, see if I can get him to show up again.

I appreciate the effort, but did you read my first post? I had already stated that I beat Red, and think I might've deduced why exactly Steven might not have shown up. Was just wondering if there was a way to hack/change my game save to maybe reset that quest, see if I can get him to show up again.

hhhmmm ill ask around about your problem to see what others might say

I did this as well. You can NOT get him to appear. Because you have all the products/prerequisites for the events, there is no need for the people concerning the events to show up. So what I did, was start over. That is the only way unless someone knows how to reset the events to happen again. If not, do over :\

It seems so, for now anyways. Although hypothetically, you'd think that if the pokesav editor and the ARDS is able to reset other events (such as the ones for legendary Pokemon), it should be able to do the same for Steven Stone and the copycat girl quest. I'm sure there's just some sort of boolean check that's done to see if you've talked to them already or not, and to see if you have the items already. If there are ways to rebattle trainers and reset the legendary pokemon, there should be a way to reset this... I imagine it's just a matter of knowing how, and is such a unique situation that not many people need it done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Latios or Latias

Press Start + Select while in the green house above the Vermilion City's Gym, then exit.

94000130 FFF30000

B2111880 00000000

20001054 00000001

20001133 00000019

D2000000 00000000

this is a rebattle code for the action replay ihad the same problem and it was driving me insane. i registered just to post this due to the fact that it was soannoying for me. lol