Oxnite

Do you like the game so far?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the game so far?

• Yes, I really like it!
    • Yes.
    • It's not bad, but I would like to see some other changes // It's not bad, but I don't like some changes.
    • No, not really.
    • No, it's horrible! I prefer the original Pokémon Platinum.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Soon I'll add a playable Bèta Version. I'd like the people that will test my game to make some screenshots, so I can put these in the thread.

EDIT: You now get the National Dex at the beginning of the game. That makes the game even more special and fun to play!

When should I release the first Bèta? Please let me know what your thoughts are!

Thanks for the great comments, nathanmcnutt and DDD!

Updates:

• I've added 'PROGRESS' in the first post. You can see the last time I worked on the game.
  • Some more Bugs have been found.
  • I've added 'CURRENTLY UNABLE TO EDIT THE FOLLOWING BUGS' part, with new-found bugs that cannot be solved at the moment, but for sure in the nearby future.

• 2 weeks later...

It's time to release the Bèta-Version!

This sounds awesome, can't wait to play it...just gotta ask, where can i catch me a Growlithe =D

I'd love to beta test it as well

Thankyou for this comment! Growlithe can be found on Route 7 and 11A.

The Bèta Version can be DOWNLOADED HERE or via the (same) link in the first post.

Please read the included Readme so you know how to patch.

If there's a newer version of the game, you can STILL play with the same save file! So please Bèta test. Thanks a lot in advance.

If you play(ed) it, I'd love it if someone is able to:

• make any screenshots
  • tell me what you like
  • tell me what you don't like (and give tips on how to improve)
  • tell me about bugs (that I don't know of yet, according to my bug list)

Awesome, just DL'd the patch, gonna patch it up and get started on it, you want screenshots to be posted in here? Also I'll shout bout any bugs I find, I tend to stay strictly w/ the story so i'll let you know if I find anything

Awesome, just DL'd the patch, gonna patch it up and get started on it, you want screenshots to be posted in here? Also I'll shout bout any bugs I find, I tend to stay strictly w/ the story so i'll let you know if I find anything

Ah, thanks a lot!

A lot of Trainer names are like ??????. It would be nice if you'd report some of them, so I know which one are buggy. Also, some variable names (like the Hero and Rival name) have weird tokens behind them. Please tell them where you find them!

Thanks a lot for playing. The further you go, the more new things you'll encounter. Next version hopefully will contain some (new) edited sprites.

Awesome, ya I'll let ya know bout anything that looks off

Alright! Some things I want to know:

- Are you using an emulator? If yes, does the game work on the emulator?

- Or are you using it on a R4 / flash card?

no$gba emulator, first time using xdelta gui and it just hangs after i click apply patch, is that normal, typically i've used an old batch file that came with the Enhanced edition to patch the roms, i click apply and.....nothin, how do I know when its finished patching the rom or is there any special name I need to name the Rom so that it patches?? sorry for the nub ?s but I'm sure it will work w/ no$gba, but will update when i'm in there

Had to use a different patching method, don't know if that affected anything but the opening whenever you first bump into your rival where it states "Thud" there is an error there, just random filling around the "Thud" not too major

also found when your in your rivals room has some looks like Japanese letters after where it states your rival's name

But it does work perfectly w/ No$gba

On another note the text editing is very nice, fits more than having Rowan say his normal initial intro

Using the Rom on another computer so I'll upload the screenshot w/ the random text error later so you know what I'm talking about, its not that big of a deal tho

With the screenshots I'll try not to have too many things that spoil the differences in there, but already from the changes it makes it feel like a completely different game

The trainers are in different spots, if not on purpose leave it, I like that its different

also have you thought about changing movesets?

Also maybe take out the part where you have to ask the clowns a ? for the Poketch

Noticed that you already know the bugs that I've mentioned, also so you know the 1st Rival battle bug has been fixed, he starts w/ Pikachu only

Edited by nEl3ment

Had to use a different patching method, don't know if that affected anything but the opening whenever you first bump into your rival where it states "Thud" there is an error there, just random filling around the "Thud" not too major

also found when your in your rivals room has some looks like Japanese letters after where it states your rival's name

That is true. I thought I already edited that, but it will be out in the next Bèta Version. I forgot to upload the newest text narc file... But thanks for telling!

Could you tell me more about your patching way, though? Then I'll add a new RAR file with your way of patching.

But it does work perfectly w/ No$gba

That's great news! =)

On another note the text editing is very nice, fits more than having Rowan say his normal initial intro

With the screenshots I'll try not to have too many things that spoil the differences in there, but already from the changes it makes it feel like a completely different game

Alright, thanks!

The trainers are in different spots, if not on purpose leave it, I like that its different

Yes, I did that on purpose! A lot of trainers changed Pokémon, or even their Trainer Class + sprite!

also have you thought about changing movesets?

Also maybe take out the part where you have to ask the clowns a ? for the Poketch

Thanks for the tip. I already changed some movesets, but only these who didn't had a real moveset (like the Pokémon that you have to evolve with an Evolution Stone).

Noticed that you already know the bugs that I've mentioned, also so you know the 1st Rival battle bug has been fixed, he starts w/ Pikachu only

That's true! I'll edit the first post immediately.

Thanks for this comment. I really appreciate it. Can't wait for the screenshots.

Found 1. when your leaving Oreburgh after beating the gym, Cynthia stops you but its your rival's name there

Will edit this! Thanks.

Any more people tried to play this Bèta-Version?

That is true. I thought I already edited that, but it will be out in the next Bèta Version. I forgot to upload the newest text narc file... But thanks for telling!

Could you tell me more about your patching way, though? Then I'll add a new RAR file with your way of patching.

?

I used xdelta but I also used a batch file that was created for Platinum Enhanced edition, basically its set up to use a patch named 1.5 and a rom named clean.nds... but its working great, do you want screenshots that would spoil the changes you have made?

I used xdelta but I also used a batch file that was created for Platinum Enhanced edition, basically its set up to use a patch named 1.5 and a rom named clean.nds... but its working great, do you want screenshots that would spoil the changes you have made?

I don't really mind about that, I mean--I have to show some changes, right?

Some new-placed Trainers, new Wild Pokémon etc. would be nice too. =)

Having a little trouble uploading the screenshots....might have to set up a photobucket accnt or something, but will be here soon

Found an error, the 2nd gym master, the sprite in particular when its waiting for you inside the gym is wrong, needs to be changed to the new gym master

Also where you help the guy w/ the bike shop, the last battle, the sprite is still Jupiter, instead of who you really fight

K found a bad bug..... In Veilstone when you enter the pokemon center it freezes... =(, and I didn't save...for a long time ='(

Edited by nEl3ment

You can try uploading the screenshots to THIS site if you want.

That's true! The 2nd Gymleader yet has to be edited, because it didn't work in PPRE... But, I think it will work in an earlier version of PPRE. Just like the Jupiter btw, so that will be edited in a next version.

It really freezed? Wow. That's weird. I'm very sorry for that, NO idea why that happened though.. Will check on that later.

But, you're already in Veilstone City?! That's great. I haven't edited any further yet, I'm sorry. Route 214 has been edited, though.

I'm really looking forward to the screenshots.

I'm busy at the moment, but I'll edit some more tomorrow!

Could you tell me more, like, did you had any trouble with the game so far (the difficulty)? And what is your team?

Thanks a lot for playing / bèta-testing!

I decided to restart to pick up some better screenshots but here is a first one

mh7ink.jpg[/img]

My old team was Empoleon, Arcanine, Nidoking and Luxray and nah the difficulty was fine, a little extra lvling is no problem, I dunno if you did anything but the pokemon in the Cave underneath Bike road (don't remember the real name) the only pokemon that I faced there were Geodude, Onix, and Bronzor so I couldn't tell if you edited it.

2nd Gym trainer sprite (not the one that needs changing)

2cwsqv8.jpg

National Dex and changed pkmn sprite

16gwegk.jpg[/img]

Thanks a lot for these screenshots, they are great!

Well alright, I'll try to keep the game a bit challenging / difficult, but I think some people might already have trouble with it.. But I'm glad the first 3 Gyms can be defeated with ease, I don't want the game to start too hard. But yeah, the VS Seeker, I think it really helps with retraining.

My questions to you:

• Did you evolve Growlith to Arcanine at level 38? (Because that's the new evolution way, though the Evolution Stones can still be used)
  • Did you defeat the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gym on the first challenge? Or did you had to retrain / rebattle them?
  • Have you ever battled a Trainer again (with the VS Seeker)?
  • Do you actually like the game so far? Any tips to improve (excl. removing the bugs)? =D

Thanks A TON for playing, will upload a better version as soon as possible. Will first delete some bugs, then I'll continue with the Routes etc.

Thanks a lot for these screenshots, they are great!

Well alright, I'll try to keep the game a bit challenging / difficult, but I think some people might already have trouble with it.. But I'm glad the first 3 Gyms can be defeated with ease, I don't want the game to start too hard. But yeah, the VS Seeker, I think it really helps with retraining.

My questions to you:

• Did you evolve Growlith to Arcanine at level 38? (Because that's the new evolution way, though the Evolution Stones can still be used)
  • Did you defeat the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gym on the first challenge? Or did you had to retrain / rebattle them?
  • Have you ever battled a Trainer again (with the VS Seeker)?
  • Do you actually like the game so far? Any tips to improve (excl. removing the bugs)? =D

Thanks A TON for playing, will upload a better version as soon as possible. Will first delete some bugs, then I'll continue with the Routes etc.

Love the game so far, cept when it froze =(, but that was just cuz it wiped about 3 hours of work

yea I evolved Growlithe through lvling, havent' used the vs seeker yet (don't even know what it does really, lol)

The only improvements would be if possible make it to where Hms can be removed.

The challenge is a plus IMO, the normal game is wayyyyy too easy and this makes it to where you have to work a little bit to win. I didn't fight the 3rd gym since it froze i was all the way back right after I beat the 2nd gym so I had a while to go and I wanted to try out a different team (Growlithe is always in my teams tho). Overall I say its the best patch in terms of where pkmn are located, all make sense and are well split up, the progressing lvls is also done to perfection, there aren't any radical jumps in lvls like some (not to bash but when you go from fighting lvl 13 to the next area having to fight a lvl 24 Electabuzz... not fun). Also w/ the changes in it, even experienced Platinum and other platinum patch veterans will not get bored since the story has changed enough so that it feels new, the gym battles are a nice change of pace as well.

A few other changes would just to add some moves to movesets, like giving Nidorino another poison move, poison sting at lvl 35 is not nice, lol

Also giving a bug/flying pokemon the ability to learn Fly would be nice as well, it would help in allowing some like myself that have all pokemon of differing types an ability to switch it up a bit.

Forgot to add, when you save the bike shop owner the sprite that you battle isn't your rival yet that is who you face, its still Jupiter of Team Galactic

Thanks so much for this great comment!

I'm going to work on the new patch this evening. I will first try to delete the bugs, like the wrong sprites etc.

I'm glad the evolution is working!

Yeah, I wanted to remove the HM's, but then came to the conclusion that that wouldn't work.. You'll need the HM Move Surf anyway... I wasn't able to edit the Route with Defog either, so the Fog has to stay, as well as the move Defog..

Again, thanks a lot for playing!

When you continue playing the game, maybe you could make some more screenshots? That would be awesome!

I'll add the screenshots to the first post.

Don't hesitate to tell me your current progress / team / etc.!

Running through again, My team is now Turtwig, Gowlithe, Zubat and just caught Scyther... well I'm at Grotle, Golbat, Scyther and Growlithe, about to face the 2nd gym again, got a nice shot of teh first gym leader will upload most likely tomorrow, and probably won't get to play today, I got a wedding to go to =\