Who wants more Shadow Pokemon?

Skyblade12

Would you like to see more Shadow Pokemon?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more Shadow Pokemon?

• Yes, the Shadow Pokemon were awesome, and we need more of them!
    • No, their story is done, and we don't need any more of them.
    • No, I hated them and are glad we haven't gotten more games focused on them.

We're getting plenty of new Pokemon games, with HG/SS, and the recently announced Gen 5 games. But the awesome Shadow Pokemon remain quiet.

After the huge disappointment of Battle Revolution not having a plot, there has been no word of continuing the Shadow Pokemon or Orre stories. And I, for one, want more. Lots more.

The Shadow Pokemon games brought a huge amount of depth to the games.

The Shadow state, as it was in its refined xD form, brought a careful balance of utility versus hindrance. Do you keep a Shadow Pokemon to strike opponents and wall enemy Shadow Pokemon as you whittle down their HP? Or do you purify them to learn otherwise-unobtainable moves and level up/evolve?

Double Battle are for more interesting than single battle, offering new strategies, rebalancing the standard tiers, and helping to remove the "favorite syndrome" that has plagued Pokemon games since Gen 1 (playing with just your starter or a single other Pokemon the entire game because you are attached to it and feel no need to switch).

The limited number of Pokemon also had a nice change. The "catch-em-all" focus was still there, but limited to the Shadow Pokemon (you could import others via trade, but without the Pokedex, there was no in-game reason to do so). And the limited availibility kept you switching your team around to find the best combinations and kept you experimenting.

The game also improved in other ways. The removal of HMs meant that you no longer had to waste a third of your team on moves that had zero battle applicability. The removal of Gyms meant that you got to feel as though saving the region was actually your primary objective, rather than an annoyance that was getting in the way of your trip to the Elite Four (seriously, how many Pokemon games feel like the only reason you are bothering to take out Team Rocket or their latest copycats is because the jerks won't let you leave the stupid city until you wipe them out?!).

The plot was also generally improved in most sections, I felt, and I would love to see it continue. While Cipher may have actually been crushed at the end of xD, there still exists the means to create Shadow Pokemon, and there are still plenty of entities out there who would wish to do so. There also exist a number of Legendaries who could potentially be turned to Shadow Pokemon. Darkrai would be a natural choice (although I would actually kind of like to see Darkrai remaining a good guy among several other Shadow Legendaries, including Cresselia). Not to mention that, since the Azure Flute has yet to be released, there is still an Arceus on top of Spear Pillar. And Shadow Arceus would be one heck of a replacement for xD-001.

You are neglecting to see the fact that all of those Pokemon have strong emotions. And who is the Pokemon with the less compassionate heart? Yes. That would be the ultimate Shadow Pokemon to ever be created. After all it is the final boss in Ranger 3 for a good reason...

You are neglecting to see the fact that all of those Pokemon have strong emotions. And who is the Pokemon with the less compassionate heart? Yes. That would be the ultimate Shadow Pokemon to ever be created. After all it is the final boss in Ranger 3 for a good reason...

Do you really want to see a level 70+ Mewtwo with attack moves that are always super effective against your Pokemon?

Actually, I'm a little surprised we have not already seen a Shadow Mewtwo. His personality and backstory do lend themselves to the Shadow Procedure very well. He was created by scientists, and experimented on to become the ultimate fighting machine. And he is rather devoid of emotion himself, with his sole goal seeming to be to grow stronger. The experiments on Mewtwo likely led to the creation of the Shadow Pokemon. Heck, if more than one Mewtwo was created, then the second one might well have actually been the first Shadow Pokemon.

Do you really want to see a level 70+ Mewtwo with attack moves that are always super effective against your Pokemon?

It's a lot better than...

[hgsssprite]150[/hgsssprite]

Level 70

Cerulean Cave HGSS

- Psycho Cut

- Amnesia

- Power Swap

- Guard Swap

ANYTHING is better than this... ANYTHING... I was truly expecting a challenge from the ultimate Pokemon in HGSS, but apparently that will never happen as my level 2 Murkrow can wall this thing...

A Shadow Mewtwo... why not? Something like...

[sprite]150[/sprite]

- Shadow Ball

- Aura Sphere

- Recover

- Psycho Boost/Tail Glow/something (or some other move for purification)

The only poke to resist combo of Aura + Shadow is unresisted by all but a Normal/Ghost poke, which does not exist :/

Perhaps... or it might be too tough :/

Edited by wraith89

Turning Mewtwo into a Shadow Pokémon would be pointless. He was made to be a killing machine to begin with. In fact, his Gold/HeartGold PokéDex entry even says it: "Because its battle abilities were raised to the ultimate level, it thinks only of defeating its foes."

A Mewtwo in Battle-Armor Forme would be different considering it would raise his Def. and Sp. Def. by A LOT. Add Recover to his attcak list while trying to catch him would make it next to impossible to weaken his HP. Add in Safeguard and you can't put a Status Condition on him. Make a new Psychic "Elemental HyperBeam" and he could 2HKO or even 1HKO a Party member. And spice up his level. By the time I get to him in ANY of the games he is in, I already have a Lv. 100. Make him at least Lv. 80 or 85.

I know that was a little off topic, but just an idea of what Mewtwo COULD be. ~STBE

Turning Mewtwo into a Shadow Pokémon would be pointless. He was made to be a killing machine to begin with. In fact, his Gold/HeartGold PokéDex entry even says it: "Because its battle abilities were raised to the ultimate level, it thinks only of defeating its foes."

A Mewtwo in Battle-Armor Forme would be different considering it would raise his Def. and Sp. Def. by A LOT. Add Recover to his attcak list while trying to catch him would make it next to impossible to weaken his HP. Add in Safeguard and you can't put a Status Condition on him. Make a new Psychic "Elemental HyperBeam" and he could 2HKO or even 1HKO a Party member. And spice up his level. By the time I get to him in ANY of the games he is in, I already have a Lv. 100. Make him at least Lv. 80 or 85.

I know that was a little off topic, but just an idea of what Mewtwo COULD be. ~STBE

That sounds so delicious that i am at lost for words.

It'd be nice, but game mechanics wise wouldn't a shadow version just augment his powers? Sure he is already malicious... but I don't even know... that armor sounds promising. I wouldn't want a level 100 legendary. That means no EV training, which makes Mewtwo a lot tamer than he would be. However, that armor would make Mewtwo a bit too broken... and with an actual AI to take advantage of who he is fighting... that's even scarier. How about bringing back the Berserk Gene and make it very risky? It raises attack (or SpA I suppose) to + 6 but confuses Mewtwo.

Hold on... this is a topic about Shadow Pokes, not Mewtwo. -_-

I thought that the Battle Armor was meant to weaken and control Mewtwo, and did not enhance his abilities. And as a control mechanism, it is terrible compared to the power and efficiency of the Shadow Pokemon method. And, yes, Mewtwo was reated and raised to be a killing machine, but he also blew everything up and escaped before the experiments were completed. Converting him to a Shadow Pokemon would still enhance his abilities.

Also, don't forget that you still want to capture him with decent IVs and Nature, so the Master Ball will probably still be the preferred method of capture, negating a lot of the point of the Battle Armor.

There should be another shadow Pokemon game for the Wii. That would be cool using Wii Motion plus when you try and capture them.

That would actually be pretty interesting.

You would have to actually move your arm to capture a Pokemon.

I like it = D

I had this pretty cool idea yesterday;

for the generation 5 Pokemon game,

there would be a shop totally different from others.

I call it:

The Paint Shop

Simply put, you can bring your Pokemon there,and choose from a variety of different colored Pokemon,the most expensive being The Shadow Paint.

Anyone like my idea? = P

EDIT:

Forgot to put that i would love to see a shadow Pokemon game for Wii / Ds /3Dds.

I used to have both Colosseum and xD games for my game cube.

Then someone broke into my house and stole my game cube, along with all my game cube games ;(

Edited by Canadiensfan
Forgot to put my opinion

I had this pretty cool idea yesterday;

for the generation 5 Pokemon game,

there would be a shop totally different from others.

I call it:

The Paint Shop

Simply put, you can bring your Pokemon there,and choose from a variety of different colored Pokemon,the most expensive being The Shadow Paint.

Anyone like my idea? = P

I love that idea!

• 3 weeks later...
There should be another shadow pokemon game for the wii. That would be cool using wiimotion plus when you try and capture them.

After I heard about Battle Revolution I actually sent a letter into Nintendo asking for them to do it, I thought it'd be so cool having a pokémon wii controller! But no, meanies just decided to make a really bad game.

=================================================================

I'd love to see a Shadow Pokémon game on the DS with the D/P/P - HG/SS engine, I'd prefer it on the latter engine though, having shadow pokémon be able to be caught with clever scripting and including special sprites when they walk around with you!

But then again I'd just love another console Shadow game!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alright pokesavmaster, Lugia being nearly impossible to purify was the point of the game, giving you a challenge. He is a different colour and everything, making him the huge point of Pokemon xD. Mewtwo having his armor, as everyone in this thread has been talking about,could be like another XD001, the armor only on Mewtwo when he is a shadow pokemon so Master Greevil (or whatever theevil boss would be) could control Shadow Mewtwo. Mewtwo would loose the armor once purified. Just a thought, but I personally think it's a good idea.

• 7 months later...

I would so love a Wii Shadow Pokemon game, maybe this time with Gen V mons. Whoever said the game should be made with the wii motion plus is awesome. I wouldn't mind it, really. PBR, yeah it seemed like a bit of a waste. The only thing that caught my eye were that you could somewhat customize the trainer, get cool items, and see how cool Pokemon looked in 3D. Other than that, it's not as fun as the Stadium games and Colosseum/XD were. I would kill for another Shadow Pokemon game. Orre needs to be revived! I don't know if I posted here but I'm doing it again.

• 1 month later...