Games: Nintendo confirms generation 5

NewsBot

• Bot

Article Posted by Mewtwo Ex: Nintendo confirms generation 5

Information regarding the next generation of pokemon has been found! In the official Japanese Pokemon website libraries are posts that give basic information regarding it:

"I'd like to introduce you to another new Pokémon title, which should become one of the most anticipated Nintendo DS titles for this year. The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo have been developing a new Pokémon title with the aim to launch the software this year.

The cumulative global sales of all the Pokémon series software have reached 130 million. This new Pokémon software will become the first brand new Pokémon title in 4 years since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which sold more than 5.8 million units in Japan, was launched.

Of course, this totally new Pokémon title will include new fields of adventure and a number of new Pokémons living there. As a totally new version, it will contain various unprecedented experiences."

We will keep you informed as the events unfold further.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/100129/06.html

I have the feeling it will be 40$ downloadable DSi store game that will be able to connect with the current games.
Why do you have that feeling? Somehow I don't think that's how it will be. I would think it would be a cartridge as usual.
I think it HAS been stated that it's for DS...

But also, "Pokemons" is grammatically incorrect. :P

Where did they say it was for ds(link?)

Who used "Pokemons"?

YES!!!

New Pokémon, New Adventures, NEW GAME!

So excited, I wonder what kinds of new Pokémon they've come up with~

I sincerely hope not. I prefer cartridges, just as I prefer Blu-Rays to downloadable movie and television content.

They haven't made any exclusive Pokémon games, so why would they now?

I have the feeling it will be 40$ downloadable DSi store game that will be able to connect with the current games.

I want them to come out in cartridges too (otherwise how would us completists trade with ourselves) but I have to admit having it as a downloadable game would be interesting

I'm just curious of what new legendary Pokemon they'll release. They already released the "God" Pokemon and it did not look all that strong in the anime. Oh and I wonder if they'll release a new Eeveelution(s)? Japan is so lucky. :(

In my opinion, it will either be released on a new system or Wii. My theory is supported by these facts:

Gen I - Pokemon R/B/Y - Gameboy

Gen II - Pokemon G/S/C - Gameboy Color

Gen III - Pokemon R/S/E/LG/FR - Gamboy Advance

Gen IV - Pokemon D/P/Pt/HG/SS - Nintendo DS

Thus Gen V will be released with either of these two system methods:

Gen V - Pokemon Unkown Title - New System

Gen V - Pokemon Unkown Title - Nintendo Wii

The best bet for Gen V Pokemon Game will be on the Wii, that way no new system will be developed and released in order to get the game out quickly.

However, there is another possibility that Gen V won't be introduced to a new system or Nintendo Wii. Gen V could stay on the DS systems, but have more enhanced capabilities if used in the Nintendo DSi. Like use the DS Shop or a new feature added through a special promotion.

Or it could be for dsi exclusive like all the other dsi exclusives that are out, and use the camera. Thing is, that currently would mean it will kill the pokemon franchise, unless its small stuff like take pictures of something and it gets put into the game or something. Maybe it will be awesome though and allow us to load the pokemon music onto an sd card. Please?

I'm just curious of what new legendary Pokemon they'll release. They already released the "God" Pokemon and it did not look all that strong in the anime. Oh and I wonder if they'll release a new Eeveelution(s)? Japan is so lucky. :(

Because the movie director never intented to have Arceus portrayed as "God", he even states himself that Arceus represents nature to which we must contribute to preserve it not damage it.

In my opinion, it will either be released on a new system or Wii. My theory is supported by these facts:

Gen I - Pokemon R/B/Y - Gameboy

Gen II - Pokemon G/S/C - Gameboy Color

Gen III - Pokemon R/S/E/LG/FR - Gamboy Advance

Gen IV - Pokemon D/P/Pt/HG/SS - Nintendo DS

Thus Gen V will be released with either of these two system methods:

Gen V - Pokemon Unkown Title - New System

Gen V - Pokemon Unkown Title - Nintendo Wii

The best bet for Gen V Pokemon Game will be on the Wii, that way no new system will be developed and released in order to get the game out quickly.

However, there is another possibility that Gen V won't be introduced to a new system or Nintendo Wii. Gen V could stay on the DS systems, but have more enhanced capabilities if used in the Nintendo DSi. Like use the DS Shop or a new feature added through a special promotion.

If what you say is true then Nintendo will have no choice but to announce the new system BEFORE the games are released(obviously) and my guess is that like the DS the "new" system should be able to play DS games like the DS plays the Gameboy Games only if the new system games aren't catridges. And the Nintendo DS was announced 4-5 months before the DPPt Games were released so I expect a new Nintendo system soon, if not then I guess there will be no new system.

Because the movie director never intented to have Arceus portrayed as "God", he even states himself that Arceus represents nature to which we must contribute to preserve it not damage it.

That still doesn't explain the max stats Arceus has.

Like I said before, I still get the impression that these games will contain the more action-y elements described by Masuda a while back. I'm quite curious to see what he meant by that exactly.

Gonna add some Grand Theft Auto to the game, you know, rob a trainer and steal his/her bike, get your own possé to fight those who oppose you, give you the option to "get rid" of them if you don't like them... Wait, they already did that.