Gloria in Excelsis

wraith89

Gloria in Excelsis

Introduction:

I should have posted up this RMT a long time ago... but I got too lazy to. If people play me on Shoddy they know my unusual case of getting messed up by hax pretty frequently. In other words, even if I do not believe in luck, I get screwed pretty badly by Lady Fortuna giving my opponent the lucky upper hand. So I decided to make a team where even if it is not hax free, I will try to hax the opponent as much as possible before getting haxxed myself... with some of the most annoying Pokemon ever. I won't say this team is perfect... it is far from perfect but has won me many battles (admittedly, some were cheap, others due to no one having anything to deal with Cresselia nor expecting my evil Blissey)... and I even have the nerve to name it after a hymn written by the red priest Antonio Vivaldi! For shame! Anyhow, without further ado, go ahead and fix up my team however you would like.

Objective of this team:

Well, I suppose the purpose is to hax the opponent as much as possible before I get haxxed to death myself. The latter is a frequent case for me as I have explained earlier.

Other Notes:

• This team was designed for Shoddy Battle, a battle simulator for Generation IV Pokemon metagame. Since I do not possess a Jirachi in game, I cannot use this team in Wifi. Nor do I have perfect IVs on my Cresselia (although she is Modest) and raising a Togekiss takes a really long time. Therefore, assume IVs are all 31 unless otherwise stated. Also assume they are all level 100.
  • This team was actually a "themed" team and I put in Pokemon that I associate with the light. However, Mismagius is a huge exception to that... and Forretress is just there because I wanted one in.
  • Many testers of this team say this team is a lot harder to use than my other one, Fimbulvetr. But I still like it.
  • I may call this team The Iron Maiden :/
  • Next in my project: make a team that can counter hax as much as possible instead of harnessing it as its own.

The Roster:

mhy6vp.png

"There should be a special place in hell for everyone who uses a Jirachi lead. No offense to you wraith."

~ randomspot555

Estrellita the Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Jolly Nature

Serene Grace

80 HP/248 Attack/180 Speed

- Trick

- Stealth Rock

- U-turn

- Iron Head

Estrellita, or little star I suppose, is my lead. I don't like calling stuff "it" unless they're machine so I'll assign this thing a gender. Hmm... looks very feminine, I will call her a she. This thing can deal with most leads out there not named Heatran or Choice Scarf Infernape (who spam U-turn anyways in fear of Latias switch-ins). Anyways for the other leads, I can start Iron Heading those standard Azelf leads, and with 60% chance of flinching, it usually flinches. However, that's when they start switching to Magnezone. Hopefully, I can spam a gazillion Iron Heads and hope that magnet flinches all the way through. If the opponent is Swampert, Jirachi can Trick Scarf it and set up Stealth Rock if that opponent Swampert Stealth Rocked and can U-turn to Cresselia to do her stuff. This Jirachi is tricky and seeing how most Jirachi nowadays are Calm Mind versions, a physical Jirachi is quite a surprise to some people. In fact, this Iron Maiden can be seen taking down a couple of Pokemon by herself. She still struggles against Metagross though... but with the right prediction I can switch to someone to deal with Meta. Basically lead vs lead is just a game of rock-paper-scissor. She will also have trouble against Lucario with Inner Focus or Steadfast Gallade leads, but seeing how they are uncommon leads, it is fine for the most part. But I love how Azelf is the #1 lead nowadays... it makes it so much easier for her. I put 180 Speed just to outpace the "standard" Jirachi leads... as I have been in situations where it was a Jirachi vs Jirachi match. I may as well max out her speed then, but then again, I like the extra durability. Maybe if I moved more attack into the defenses... I am not too sure about it though.

23ubmg7.png

"What, that thing? That's the biggest piece of Tyranitar bait I've ever seen!"

~ Every competitive players and their brothers

Crescentine the Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay

Bold Nature

Levitate

252 HP/120 Def/116 SpDef/20 Speed

- Thunder Wave

- Reflect

- Light Screen

- Lunar Dance

Crescentine is the glue that holds this team together. Sure, she hates Scizor and Tyranitar roaming around, and many people think she is outclassed by Latias, and even now people do not use her that she fell to UU. Anyways, she helps this team around so much by setting up screens and Thunder Waving stuff that are faster than her. Assuming no critical hits (I actually have to be lucky to avoid that actually) nothing OHKOs her behind screens. I love watching Scizor's U-turn fail to even take off 50% of her HP. And you may notice the lack of Leftovers. No worries about that, Blissey heals her for later. Cressy has many purposes here... screen set upper, the gal that paralyzes folks, bring in Tyranitars/Scizors so that my other Pokemon can deal with it, sleep absorber so that no one else can fall asleep, and once her job is done, she can Lunar Dance to fully heal a fellow injured Pokemon. In fact, Cressy is so necessary here that I don't think I would like her in any other way. I originally had 246 Speed on her to outpace Jolly Tyranitars and most bulky Zapdos/Celebi, but I thought it was sacrificing too many defensive EVs, so I just hit 211 to outpace those 209ers/210ers. Anyways, there she is... Cressy which everyone underrates, but is so useful. Oh yeah, and she's a giant Taunt bait... and Gliscor is trouble. Maybe I'll put Ice Beam somewhere.

357lzix.png

"You DEPEND on Forry Wraith. Don't play Ubers without one."

~ bobtheedibleone

Helios the Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell

Relaxed Nature

Sturdy

248 HP/192 Def/68 SpDef

0 Speed IVs

- Spikes

- Gyro Ball

- Rapid Spin

- Explosion

Here he is, Helios my sun disc... from aerial view. He takes the role of a physical wall with an excellent typing of Bug/Steel, only being weak to Fire (albeit 4x)... and unfortunately has no form of recovery aside from Blissey wishpassing to him. He is also the artillery guy who sets up Spikes to make everything harder for grounded opponents aside from Clefable... and spins away the rocks the opponent set up. Rapid Spin is for the obvious "get Stealth Rocks away from this side!" move... and gets rid of Spikes and Toxic Spikes as well (Forry happens to be immune to the latter as well). Gyro Ball is there for STAB, but I'm considering Payback or Revenge to hit Rotom or Magnezone switch ins... so let me know what I should do there. Explosion is there for obvious reasons. Once Forry is done with his job... time to go BOOM! I love doing that. I can see Magnezone as a huge problem for this team seeing how it traps two of my most instrumental Pokemon... so I didn't want THIS guy to get trapped as well. Therefore I put the Shed Shell in... so that I can just switch to Cressy and let her do her free set up job.

r9h0k0.png

"That's it!! I've had it with these ************* blobs on this ************* plane!"

~ Noobs, midbies, and expert competitive players not named Wraith89 alike

Curate the Blissey (F) @ Leftovers

Bold Nature

Natural Cure

252 Def/80 SpA/32 SpDef/144 Speed

- Wish

- Protect

- Seismic Toss

- Flamethrower

Yeah, I realize everyone hates this fat pink blob... you either gotta love her or hate her. You also hate the color I am using but there's always the highlighting option. But I love Blissey... she's cute and no one else does her job better than she can. Whereas Forry is the physical wall, Blissey is the special wall. She is the Wishpasser, laughs at special attacks coming at her, and statuses people with Thunder Wave in case my Cressy is down. And get this: so many people think Blissey is free set up that they switch Scizor in... and from there I proceed to Flamethrower it either on the switch in or if it has switched in. Assuming no critical hit (hoping that) Bullet Punch from Scizor shouldn't even KO while Flamethrower will do significant damage or OHKO that crimson flash in an instant. Blissey can get very predictable but is still very efficient at what she does. 144 Speed EVs hits 182 Speed, which is well enough to outpace anything in the 176-181 zone, including Skarmory and Scizors. Nobody expects a fast Blissey. In fact, I don't know if people even think they exist. With Cressy's reflect up, I managed to Flamethrower a Forretress who happened to survive the Flamethrower for some bizarre reason... and critical hitted me (darn) with Revenge... but even boosted revenge behind a reflect with a critical only managed 53% (thank you Reflect!)... so yeah, those 252 Def EVs with Bold IS necessary. I may put Toxic or Aromatherapy/Heal Bell where Thunder Wave is or Seismic Toss over Flamethrower if I feel like I need it, but that's if I feel it's necessary.

yi351.png

"STOP... FLINCHING... ME!!"

~ Battler No. 286

Blanchefleur the Togekiss (F) @ Lum Berry

Calm Nature

Serene Grace

248 HP/60 SpDef/200 Speed

- Nasty Plot

- Roost

- Air Slash

- Aura Sphere

You thought the nightmare was over once I switched out Jirachi? Too bad, another flinchhax master Togekiss is here (95% chance guarantee of actually hitting with Air Slash though)! And what's worse... she's behind those two screens! Yep, after Cressy sets up those screens, I usually bring in my sweepers if I can... either Togekiss or Mismagius. Togekiss is like Jirachi... flinching stuff with Air Slash, doing insane damage with Nasty Plot under her belt, and if my Cressy paralyzed your Pokemon... whoops too bad... prepare to get Air Slashed to death as long as you're not Dragonite or Lucario! Anything like Heatran will have to eat a + 2 Aura Sphere and believe me, that will not be pleasant. Oh darn a parahax... oh wait, is that a Lum Berry? Denied! Once her health is low she can proceed to Roost up all the damage taken. I designed Togekiss to be as annoying as possible with the right support, and hoping that Air Slash does not miss 8 times in a row against a Salamence setting up Dragon Dances... well, then she does her job properly ^^. Yeah, having two Serene Grace monsters on one team is absolutely evil. Hehhehheh.

jkbwiw.png

"Let my cries chill the living!"

~ Undead Banshee from Warcraft III

Wraith the Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers

Timid Nature

Levitate

176 HP/40 Def/72 SpA/220 Speed

- Substitute

- Calm Mind

- Hidden Power Fighting

- Shadow Ball

I would run Thunderbolt instead of Hidden Powers in Wifi. Anyways, here she is, my other Nasty Plot sweeper, Mismagius. While Togekiss comes in as a secondary Jirachi, Mismagius usually switches in with her three immunities and spikes/Toxic Spikes immunity and comes to set up Sub/Calm Mind and start wreaking havoc. Yes, I'm well aware Gengar is faster and is already more powerful, but I'd rather live longer than get one shot and go back to the graveyard. I'm trying to recall why I put 176 HP/40 Def... but I believe it was there to survive Scizor's Choice Banded Bullet Punch, which will fail to OHKO... or even 2HKO behind Reflect... and hit back with Hidden Power Fir... oh wait. I don't even have HP Fire, whoops. But survival is awesome. Best of all, she is immune to Brick Break, meaning my screens will not go away during that time. STAB Shadow Ball hurts and Hidden power Fighting is also there for coverage. Why 220 Speed? It hits 330 Speed with Timid nature, outpacing any positive base 100s, and seeing how 105s are not too common in OU (Scyther? Rapidash? When am I ever going to see those guys?) I figured I'll outpace base 100s. I would run slightly more speed to outpace Garchomp, but Garchomp is banned so it won't matter. Blisseys cannot even break my subs with Flamethrower/Ice Beam from what I've gathered, and after a + 2 or when opportunity allows, + 4/6, Mismagius is SCARY. Pair it up with paralysis support and you have a monster here.

From what I gather, this team seems solid, but I'm not sure of any gaping weaknesses aside from Magnezone screwing over some of my Pokemon, but I haven't seen that many Magnezones these days. Threat list? I'll come up with it later.

Edited by wraith89
Typo

Beautiful, this is definitely not a team one would expect in the metagame. I don't see many teams that can handle a second sweeping round after Cresselia uses Lunar Dance. Although her lack of speed makes it more difficult to set up both Reflect and Light screen. I see that you want to have Ice beam on Cresselia, but which move will you replace ? It's a hard choice but I suggest either Reflect or Thunder wave. Hidden power fire can also help Cresselia against another Forretress or Scizor, i didn't test it but it could be a good option. Overall this deserves 10/10 for originality, and awesome choice for title. Gloria in excelsis is a great piece of music and is also hard to play :).

• 1 year later...
I'm sorry for the short rate I'll add more later

Magnezone makes pasta salad out of your team............ work on that ;D

Did you even bother reading the team?

Jirachi has U-Turn, allowing it an easy escape from Magnezone. Forretress has Shed Shell, so it can escape even if Magnezone has Magnet Pull. Blissey walls it to no end and has Protect to scout out Explosion, or can just switch to Mismagius.