What do they really eat in pokemon world.

Lucario

This has bothered me every time i remember but, it's about the food that they eat...what is it made of?

Because for me, it can't be a pokemon(how about the slowpoke tail story), because in pkmn world it is like a violation too eat pokemon(the slowpoke tail). Or some of them are just not edible like magikarp(from an episode which team rocket once again bought a magikarp and planned to eat it but they can't as it is full of scales through the inside..i hope i remembered it well).

So if they are unable(maybe forbidden too) to eat pokemon, what do they really eat(aside from fruits and vegetables)?

What could it be made of?

Well if i recall correctly there was another discussion about something Pokemon related. And a member pointed out that there are real normal animals you know Mice,Dogs and Cats that don't shoot thunder or burning fire. But i really can't see any Pokemon actually eating meat it seems to violent, even the darkest of Pokemon i can't imagine them eating meat......... Unless it's cooked .......... Like bacon.

In that episode with S.S. Anne in the anime, I recall seeing actual real-world fish, and in the episode after (where the boat sunk), Ash looked out the window and saw real-world fish swimming around (not Magikarps and the likes), which is pretty interesting. Perhaps real creatures co-exist with Pokemon in their universe?

Since then, the more Pokemon were created, the less Real world animals were shown. A real Mongoose appeared in an old episode as well, but Zangoose became its equivalent. You can also suggest that Pokemon hunt other Pokemon. Since Mongoose is a Cobra rival and predator, The same relationship could be reflected between Zangoose and snake Pokemon like Arbok.

Maybe they're all vegans there. I mean, if you're not allowed to eat pokemon and real animal species seem to be dwindling, they've either got cow farms that we don't ever see off in some land that we haven't been allowed to visit, or else they only eat tall grass, small trees, berries and flowers, the only things that ever grow back.

Well, I'm guessing that the people are all vegans, however, Pokemon would probably have different diets. We know that some Pokemon don't eat food per-say, like Larvitar. It eats mountains so it can grow. Pokemon like Charizard and Gyarados would need meat to survive. I also find the idea that real animals co-exist doubtful. They would all be on the brink of extinction oor extinct.

Since then, the more Pokemon were created, the less Real world animals were shown. A real Mongoose appeared in an old episode as well, but Zangoose became its equivalent. You can also suggest that Pokemon hunt other Pokemon. Since Mongoose is a Cobra rival and predator, The same relationship could be reflected between Zangoose and snake Pokemon like Arbok.

Actually Zangoose's "archenemy" is Seviper

Wurmple's Sapphire entry:

"Wurmple is targeted by Swellow as prey. This Pokémon will try to resist by pointing the spikes on its rear at the attacking predator. It will weaken the foe by leaking poison from the spikes."

Wurmple's Diamond entry:

"It loves to eat leaves. If it is attacked by a Starly, it will defend itself with its spiked rear. "

Wurmple's Platinum entry:

"Often targeted by bird Pokémon, it desperately resists by releasing poison from its tail spikes."

Poor guy...

Yeah it seemed to me like PKMN are the normal animals of their world. I always imagined a Pidgey attacking a Magikarp or what not to eat it, I bet Pikachu gets in your house walls and chews on electrical cords. I must be hard at the Moo Moo Farm. The food must be PKMN sometimes, what else could they eat if PKMN are off limits.

well pokemon eat poffins and some sort of dryfood with their type labled on the tin and they eat brocks soup they can eat pretty much wat their trainers can eat because there are no real animals in pokemon and thier trainers cant eat meat and i think they can eat other pokemon because it may kill them for ecsample:tentacool u cant eat a jelly fish and its poison type.if you where a grass type and the only food on the planet leftwas a fire type the grass type would die from eating the fire type=plus pokemon will eat berrys!!

I'd like to point out to everyone that anime is not canon. Also, CharmanderRulz, your last point has no purpose at all. If it came down to that, then everything would die, because there are ecosystems. Anyway, like we've already said, Swellow eats Wurmple, as do multiple other bird types. I would imagine that Pokemon like Charizard and Salamence would eat pretty much everything that's lower on the food chain, except rock types and electric types.

(You are a pokemon) Imagine [ATTACH=CONFIG]3487[/ATTACH]this little Pokemon flying towards you. Do you think he is a vegetarian?!

[hgsssprite]129[/hgsssprite]Of course he is! I mean look at those cute little fangs! They're perfectly fit for eating plants like the rest of -

attachment.php?attachmentid=3487&d=1264078662&thumb=1RAWWRRR!

[hgsssprite]129[/hgsssprite]oh. Hi Mister Aerodactyl! Did you come to share this algae wit-AHHHH MY EYES!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=3487&d=1264078662&thumb=1RAWWRRR! YUM TASTY!

[hgsssprite]129[/hgsssprite]No NO! Not the whiskers! NOT the WHISK-AHHH!!

[sprite]130[/sprite]What the? What's going on here?

attachment.php?attachmentid=3487&d=1264078662&thumb=1Oh, um, hey Gyarados!

[hgsssprite]129[/hgsssprite]Yay big brother! You came to save me!

[sprite]130[/sprite]Eating up my brother, are you Aerodactyl?

[hgsssprite]129[/hgsssprite]Yes! He's eating me up! You gotta save me!

[sprite]130[/sprite]Carry on then. He was getting annoying anyways...

[hgsssprite]129[/hgsssprite]Yeah carrio-wait what?! Don't leave me here brother!

attachment.php?attachmentid=3487&d=1264078662&thumb=1You heard him Karp! You're dinner tonight!

[hgsssprite]129[/hgsssprite]I swear. Once I evolve, I'm gonna kill you al-*gets eaten*

@ RenegadeShroom: An ecosystem... Swellows and birds eat those worms possibly because, well, Wurmples are the most abundant... and if they are not out there to keep the population in check, we'd have a Wurmple invasion! Same for Ekans, which are less abundant, but eats the more abundant Pidgeys and Spearows.

Edited by wraith89

i feel that regardless of type a pkmn can eat another pkmn. charizard i imagine he would eat a seal if he felt like it, or a pikachu. steels and rock cant be eaten by other pkmn. steels and rock pkmn dont seem like they need food but they do eat, even without the mouth ahhahaha, but id think every pkmn has their own eating habits. rock pkmn, id think, would eat dirt or something to get minerals out of the ground. im sure eating certin poison pkmn wouldnt be bad, but most would poison you.

like i said in the pokemon episodes they have like pallet things but u buy them at the pokemon mart and the have there type on the lables! AND they eat poffins and berrys i dont think little kids who watch the shows are gonna want there favourite pokemon eaten!

EDIT: ok this is weird on my setup thing to post lables! show one but on the thread lables! pops up twice so i cant change that.

i feel that regardless of type a pkmn can eat another pkmn. charizard i imagine he would eat a seal if he felt like it, or a pikachu. steels and rock cant be eaten by other pkmn. steels and rock pkmn dont seem like they need food but they do eat, even without the mouth ahhahaha, but id think every pkmn has their own eating habits. rock pkmn, id think, would eat dirt or something to get minerals out of the ground. im sure eating certin poison pkmn wouldnt be bad, but most would poison you.

it depends on if you are immune to poison. zangoose could eat a seviper and vice versa. on the other hand a chikorita isnt going to try to take a bite outa gulpin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I recall reading a Ekans pokemon card that said Ekans eats Pidgey and Spearow.

Btw pokemon the anime is marketed towards younger children so they tend to leave out the more 'real' appeal to them. However they put it in the games via pokedex entries even though I could have swore they where marketed towards children. Prehaps this is the forshadowing of the pokemon evolution from chibi cartoons to Realitsic beasts of power. Oh and I should also mention the manga where pokemon kill each somtimes in the wild other times by direct order of the trainers.