~ Are you going to use the Pokéwalker. ~

Shining Mew2

Are you gonna use the Pokéwalker?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna use the Pokéwalker?

• Yeah, probably all the time.
    • Yeah but probably sometimes beacuse I am sometimes busy.
    • Umm... I haven't decidet yet...
    • No not at all...

Well today the Nintendo Of America has released a Press release about the Pokéwalker. So I wanted to create a poll of how are you going to use the Pokéwalker. Here is a press release from the Nintendo Of America.

For more than a decade, millions of Pokémon™ fans around the world have enjoyed training their Pokémon within their video games. The March 14 release of the Pokémon™ HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version games lets players continue to enjoy the world of Pokémon away from their Nintendo DS™ or Nintendo DSi™ systems, taking their favorite Pokémon with them wherever they go with the new Pokéwalker™ accessory. This new accessory will come included with each copy of these games.

In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, players can wirelessly transfer any one of their Pokémon from one of the two games to the Pokéwalker and walk them through virtual routes as the player walks around in real life. By walking, players earn Watts, which are used within the Pokéwalker to encounter and catch wild Pokémon or search for hidden items, and can be transferred into Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions to unlock new routes. There are even special versions of certain Pokémon that can only be found within routes on the Pokéwalker, giving players added incentive to keep their Pokémon with them wherever they go. The Pokémon in the Pokéwalker will gain experience points as the player walks, and can even go up one level when they are transferred back into the game. Players also can wirelessly connect two Pokéwalkers to trade items.

Letting players return to the beloved Johto region first introduced in Pokémon Gold Version and Silver Version for the portable Game Boy™ system, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions introduce several new enhancements for the series that enrich these timeless adventures. Created exclusively for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi systems, the games feature detailed graphics that spotlight the unique environments and hundreds of Pokémon that players can encounter and catch. Players can even see and interact with their favorite Pokémon outside of battle, selecting one from their team to follow behind their Trainer as they travel through the Johto region. The games also include robust touch-screen functionality, allowing for smoother control and seamless navigation by the player.

Pok%C3%A9Walk.png

Ah, this brings back memories

A few years ago I got a Digivice (Digimon) as a present, with it I could train my own Digimon on it

To train it I had to walk while hanging on to it or by shaking it (Cheating)

I trained it a lot and my ar.......It hurt a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah I probaby won't use the Pokewalker.........

• 4 weeks later...
That is the worst feature in Pokemon history! I am so facepalmed at the moment i cannot even speak... Only one level per import... I guess i will be sending lv 99 to have a decent effect. I am Incredibly disappointed. :/

Yeah, i'm also disappointed, but sooner or later you need to do 5000+ steps...

I preordered both HeartGold and SoulSilver, so I guess I'm getting two PokéWalkers and a couple of figures that I'll ignore completely. I won't use them with each other until I face Cal a few times in the Trainer house, just for chuckles. I'll try to use it as much as possible, except for school and bringing it anywhere.

Question: After it levels up in the PokéWalker, will it still gain experience up until the last point needed, or will it stop gaining experience as soon as it reaches the level? Also, can a Pokémon learn moves in the PokéWalker, or do you have to wait to put it back in your game.