Nah, im on windows. It's just odd. I'll upload one tomorrow when I wake up.
Another question. When I load a Japanese Pokemon in, the nickname turns into all these different values, which I'm assuming are the trash bytes. If I were to export that Pokemon's code, would the name display in Japanese, or that wacky stuff?
" Nine In the Afternoon "
FC: 4426 1621 2099
Avatar and sig created by me
The next version (which may be done tomorrow, but I won't promise that) will have more improved handling for nicknames as well. At the moment, it limits you to 10 of the 11 characters for nicknames, as it automatically puts in FFFF for the last character. You'll be able to set all 11 characters manually with the update.
Updated to 2.2. This includes save file support. Please read versions.txt for other changes/additions. Also check the original post for some more information.
I agree with making it more intuitive. It's semi confusing and could possibly use it's own tab or upscale the program and refit the components to make it less cluttered. but that's my two cents
I've discovered an issue that's causes corruption on presumably the part of the save file that's being changed. It doesn't show up until the game is saved. I'm not sure of the cause at the moment, but I'll upload a fix when I can. I would suggest not using it for save file modification until then.
Edit: There was also a similar problem with IVs, but the problem isn't that they wouldn't save at all, it's that the speed/special stats were being written to the wrong places. If yours weren't updating at all, keep in mind that after editing stats in the tabs, you need to click the "Save" button to update that Pokemon slot's data before saving the file.
Save file corruption should be fixed now. I noticed that Pokesav also corrupted HG/SS save files, haha. As far as I can tell now, it shouldn't happen in any game anymore.
Hey, Codr, I finally figured out what was wrong with that Gyarados I was having trouble with. I made an interesting discovery; though it's not directly related to the topic at hand, I thought perhaps it might somehow be useful to you in helping to improve PokeGen, so I've decided to share it.
I had used Smogon's SID calculator (accessible via http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id and then clicking on the corresponding link) to calculate the secret ID from my SoulSilver save file. Thhat program specifies that you need to use a normal (non-chained) shiny Pokemon from which to calculate the secret ID number. Not having one, I instead experimented with a non-shiny Pokemon. Smogon's SID calculater spit out a SID that my SS save file DID accept as valid, even up to the point of allowing me to change the name of any Pokemon to which I assigned that SID and my normal TID from that file.
However, recently I obtained an NDS Adapter Plus, which is a USB device that interfaces directly with retail NDS carts and can upload and download save files between the cart and a PC. I used this device to rip my save file to my computer, and upon opening it in Pokesav (didn't realize you already finished adding save file support to PokeGen, GEEZ you work fast), I discovered that my -real- Secret ID was totally different from the one the SID calculator had given me.
So in the end, it seems the original results I received from the SID calculator WERE still somehow valid, and deceived me as a result. (Then again, I suppose it was my own fault for not following Smogon's instructions XD) The interesting piece of all this is that apparently it's possible for there to be more than one Secret ID that legitimately matches a given Trainer ID, but there's only one Secret ID that *COMPLETELY* matches it. When I entered the secret ID I obtained from my gamerip and edited my Gyarados' .pkm file accordingly, it now shows up correctly as "Met at..." and not "Apparently met."
I hope that's helpful in some way.
Naw, no offense taken. It's just that I originally got my information on SID calculations from smogon, and they make it sound WAAAAY complicated. So yeah... XD Anyway, it's water over the dam now.
I DO have a suggestion for PokeGen though. You should add an option to choose whether to save a pkm file in 136-byte format or 236-byte. For some reason whenever I open my pkm files in PokeGen 2.21 and then save over them after editing them, it always seems to convert them to 236-byte format. I tried opening those 236-byte files and re-saving them as new files, but they still seem to have been saved in their 236-byte format. It'd be very convenient if PokeGen had a feature to manually counteract this (or perhaps if PokeGen simply saved them in 136-byte format by default whether they're being overwritten or not).