Essential Pokemon-related Fonts

Poryhack

An old friend of mine recently asked me to identify the font used for the word "VERSION" on the english logo's of DPPt and several other pokemon games. I'd never had a need to do this but I was a little surprised I hadn't. After spending a considerable amount of time tracking it down I had the idea for this thread.

Below you'll find my collection of fonts related to the Pokemon video-games. Click the image to download it and use it for your own purposes. Feel free to post an example image of a font that isn't here and I will do my best to track it down. If you happen to have a font that is missing I'd be glad to add it here.

pokemonsolidfont.pngpokemonhollowfont.png

You don't deserve to be called a pokemon fan if you don't already have this, but it is here nonetheless. By Neale Davidson (waaay back in 2000!).

pocketmonstersfont.png

This one is similar to the above, but I think more true to the official logo. The only downside is that there is not a distinct upper and lowercase set of letters. By DarkAngelX.

unownfont.png

This is just too cool. It was actually released by Nintendo of America itself; when and where I do not know.

annonfont.png

Similar to the above, but I think this unofficial version is more suitable to writing on ancient walls and such. By Pokemon Paranoia?

pokemondpptfont.png

The font used in your favorite games! This was intended for use in Pokemod but I'm sure all of you could find a use for it. Made into computer font by kazumi... I think... Also see DarkAngelX's Pokemon Script Collection.

futuraextrabold.png

As used on the word VERSION in several of the main series games. By Edwin Shaar, based on Futura by Paul Renner.

microgrammaboldextendedfont.png

Also used on the word VERSION; this time in the new HeartGold and SoulSilver games. By Aldo Novarese and Alessandro Butti.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The Microgramma Bold Extended will not install for me It says that is is not a valid font file. My OS is Windows 7 i am not shure why it is not working... I am not meaning to bump this, I am just letting people know that the Microgramma Bold Extended is not working for Windows 7 (well my computer anyways).

The Microgramma Bold Extended will not install for me It says that is is not a valid font file. My OS is Windows 7 i am not shure why it is not working... I am not meaning to bump this, I am just letting people know that the Microgramma Bold Extended is not working for Windows 7 (well my computer anyways).

here is very similar font to the Microgramma Bold Extended, you can use this one as an laternative in windows 7 http://goo.gl/lFfdP