Thread: Essential Pokemon-related Fonts

Contributor - Event Translation ContributorIRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherFormer StaffEvent Contributor

Essential Pokemon-related Fonts

An old friend of mine recently asked me to identify the font used for the word "VERSION" on the english logo's of DPPt and several other pokemon games. I'd never had a need to do this but I was a little surprised I hadn't. After spending a considerable amount of time tracking it down I had the idea for this thread.

Below you'll find my collection of fonts related to the Pokemon video-games. Click the image to download it and use it for your own purposes. Feel free to post an example image of a font that isn't here and I will do my best to track it down. If you happen to have a font that is missing I'd be glad to add it here.

You don't deserve to be called a pokemon fan if you don't already have this, but it is here nonetheless. By Neale Davidson (waaay back in 2000!).

This one is similar to the above, but I think more true to the official logo. The only downside is that there is not a distinct upper and lowercase set of letters. By DarkAngelX.

This is just too cool. It was actually released by Nintendo of America itself; when and where I do not know.

Similar to the above, but I think this unofficial version is more suitable to writing on ancient walls and such. By Pokemon Paranoia?

The font used in your favorite games! This was intended for use in Pokemod but I'm sure all of you could find a use for it. Made into computer font by kazumi... I think... Also see DarkAngelX's Pokemon Script Collection.

As used on the word VERSION in several of the main series games. By Edwin Shaar, based on Futura by Paul Renner.

Also used on the word VERSION; this time in the new HeartGold and SoulSilver games. By Aldo Novarese and Alessandro Butti.

The Green Cat Helpful Q&A MemberSite ContributorImage ContributorContributor - ForumFormer Staff Greencat's Avatar

Re: Essential Pokemon-related Fonts

Awesome! Love the official Unknown Font and MicroGramma Font.
    Thank you.
    Edit:
    MicroGramma is a .pmf?
    Sabresite: Sorry I deleted your signature pic on accident, .

Contributor - Event Translation ContributorIRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherFormer StaffEvent Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Greencat View Post
    Awesome! Love the official Unknown Font and MicroGramma Font.
    Thank you.
    Edit:
    MicroGramma is a .pmf?
    Yeah. All I know is that it installs fine on Windows, you just can't preview it.

oh some fonts I don't have thanks I will use these a lot now.

I myself am a big fan of the unown font. Good job finding all these!\

Dang, I just lost the game by looking at my avatar...maybe I should rethink my title...

The first is very nice, I use this one when I create an avatar on Photoshop. The last is a Pokémon font ?

Uh, yeah... It kinda says what it's used on right under the font...

root@localhost Site IRC SOPModerator CuleX's Avatar

I recall Futura being a commercial font. By putting it up you might get in legal trouble. I'm not sure about others, but I'd take Futura Extra Bold down for now.
    Avatar based on original by: Greencat
    Thanks.

CuleX, while the Futura font is a commercial font, the Futura Extra Bold is actually a free offshoot of the Futura line that isn't commercially sold.

The Microgramma Bold Extended will not install for me It says that is is not a valid font file. My OS is Windows 7 i am not shure why it is not working... I am not meaning to bump this, I am just letting people know that the Microgramma Bold Extended is not working for Windows 7 (well my computer anyways).

POINTER Code Calculator faospark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kd8lvt View Post
    The Microgramma Bold Extended will not install for me It says that is is not a valid font file. My OS is Windows 7 i am not shure why it is not working... I am not meaning to bump this, I am just letting people know that the Microgramma Bold Extended is not working for Windows 7 (well my computer anyways).
    here is very similar font to the Microgramma Bold Extended, you can use this one as an laternative in windows 7 http://goo.gl/lFfdP
    I Support PokeGen
    NO$GBA is a Thing Of the PAST..... DeSmuMe FTW
    pkmcodedepo.net