Question about the legality checker

Emeraldragon

Hi there,

I have a couple questions about the legality checker.

Firstly, how long does it usually take to check the pkms? Is there a key I need to type to start the process?

Secondly, if my pkm passes the legality checker, does that mean it is a perfectly legal pokemon that is usable in competitive battling, like PBR or wifi?

Thanks for your time! I'm really excited to learn all of this.

The check is done almost instantly.

Drag the pkm. file over the Legal.exe Symbol and it will display the results.

WiFi ans PBA do not recognice Pokemon with invalid Trahbytes Or Hex Values (also PID).

PBR has a more intense hackcheck than NDS Wifi (which has none i believe) or GTS but a pokemon that passes Legal.exe will be able to get in easily.

The question is if a Tournament hachcheck would know its hacked.

The check is done almost instantly.

Drag the pkm. file over the Legal.exe Symbol and it will display the results.

WiFi ans PBA do not recognice Pokemon with invalid Trahbytes Or Hex Values (also PID).

PBR has a more intense hackcheck than NDS Wifi (which has none i believe) or GTS but a pokemon that passes Legal.exe will be able to get in easily.

The question is if a Tournament hachcheck would know its hacked.

Hmmm, I though something was wrong. I thought maybe I was just being impatient. I dragged a pkm onto the legality checker, and left it for nearly 30 mins, and finally shut it down because nothing was happening. Do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong? Is there a key I need to type to start the process, or something like that?

Thanks for the reply!

Okay, that works! Thanks!

I have one more question now, though.

Whenever I drag my Darkrai pkm onto the Legality Checker, it says "Type: Rare GBA (A-B-D-F)"

Is this correct? Darkrai should not be "GBA", should it?

EDIT:

Also, when I drag my registeel pkm onto the Legality Checker, it says "Type: Unknown GBA type."

Is there something wrong with the registeel for the type to be "unknown" ?

Shiny Darkrai.pkm

Shiny Registeel.pkm

Shiny Darkrai.pkm

Shiny Registeel.pkm

Edited by Emeraldragon

Okay, that works! Thanks!

I have one more question now, though.

Whenever I drag my Darkrai pkm onto the Legality Checker, it says "Type: Rare GBA (A-B-D-F)"

Is this correct? Darkrai should not be "GBA", should it?

It means your Darkrai's IV/PID is one from the GBA algorithms. I suggest downloading SCV's IV/PID generator (link on main site I believe). It generates IV/PID's (duh) for a specific set of nature + IV's. It will calculate a IV/PID (if possible, not always true. If it doesn't show anything try slightly editing one of the non-important IV's and try again) and it will also show the type of the IV/PID. You are looking for a "Normal D/P or GBA" type.

EDIT:

Also, when I drag my registeel pkm onto the Legality Checker, it says "Type: Unknown GBA type."

Is there something wrong with the registeel for the type to be "unknown" ?

Pretty much the same as above, but I'm not sure what the unknown type implies.