Battle Frontier Platinum: Discussion/Progress

Darach_Chiaki

I looked through the forum and didn't see a thread for discussion of the Platinum Battle Frontier and progress in it, so yeah.

I have all five Silver Medals. I got them in clockwise order, beginning with the Battle Factory and ending with the Tower. Right now I'm in the process of trying to breed a good Slaking to use in the Battle Hall.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, it wasn't really that hard. I think the big difference between the Emerald Battle Frontier and this one is that the Emerald Frontier's requirements to battle the Frontier Brains were absolutely insane (clearing the Battle Pyramid 10 times, 70 victories in the Battle Tower, etc) Platinum's are a lot more reasonable outside of the Battle Hall.

I have not gotten there yet but excited to reach that point. I'm already preparing my starter and rotom for the competition. Also, hopefully my drifloon will be able to make a stunning debut in this area of play! Maybe even a shiny pokemon?? I'm still working on my team but when I'm done best of luck to my opponent!

I only have the Silver Print for Battle Arcade. I faced Palmer's first team earlier, but Milotic played Meta Knight with me (my way of saying it haxed me). :/

I'm going to try for the Battle Castle. I would also try get get my Drapion through 60 Battles at the Battle Hall, but... :/

By the way, those interested in seeing my battle with Dahlia's first team, the Vs. Recorder Video number is:

48-94546-76338

You'll get to see my shiny Mismagius in action. :3

i agree emerald's battle frontier was outrages, i only got to do like 4 out of the 7, the silver medal. :(, insane requirements to fight :o. i almost killed myself doing the battle pyramid but T_T.

in platinum, once i get some better pokemon ill play the battle frontier :D

man I cant seem to get that far in the battle tower, when I have a streak of 7 the lady says, would you like to save your last video, I say no and then for some reason I end up being outside where you register your pokemon :(

man I cant seem to get that far in the battle tower, when I have a streak of 7 the lady says, would you like to save your last video, I say no and then for some reason I end up being outside where you register your pokemon :(

I never understood the battle tower. I would always own the trainers get my 7 win streak and then be forced outside again. Well at least in pearl, any advice on how to help me get a higher streak? It was really frustrating and annoying because I knew with my pokemon I could keep destroying the competition so I was stuck with low Battle points and an always streak of 7.

That's supposed to happen. The Battle Tower (all the Battle Facilities in fact, except the Battle Hall) have their battles in groups of seven. Talk to the lady again to challenge the Battle Tower and you'll start at battle #8. You'll end up outside again when you finish battle #14, and so on.

In a somewhat related topic, if anyone wants to watch my video of me beating Palmer for the Gold Print, the video number is 11-07776-74706.

Something like that, because you can go off and do something else, and when you come back, you'll pick up where you left off. You can even use a new Pokemon team if you want. Just remember that if you lose at any time, you'll go straight back to battle #1, regardless of where you were.

Yeah. You're also allowed to change your team in between. :)

If I recall correctly, that won't work with the Battle Hall.

When I was tired of using Starmie and decided to use my shiny Drapion instead, the lady said, "You already have an ongoing streak with Starmie. Delete Starmie's record and start a new one with Drapion?" (or something around those lines)

This probably just applies with the Battle Hall, though.

Speaking of Battle Hall, my Drapion got to the Hall Matron (first time), but was annihilated by Slaking's critical-hitting Frustration. :/

Ah well. Maybe I'll tackle the challenge again, this time with my Armaldo.

- Greencat @ 3:54 PM

Our points are proven, you can stop adding it now. >_>

*Deletes part of the comment*

Own EDIT: Sorry. I probably didn't do that intentionally, and definitely not purposely. Lag and/or Vista probably caused me to add the same post twice. :/

My humble apologies.

Edited by Midnight

Yay, I just got the Silver Print in the Battle Castle! This video number is 56-38280-50091 if you're interested. I used Gorebyss, Dunsparce, and Solrock (although Solrock never appeared, sadly), by the way. I'm pretty proud of myself. ^^

I just got the silver print from the Battle Arcade. The video number is 96-00890-97267 (if you watch it, yeah I messed up on the roulette and made it hail during the battle. That was like the first time I actually didn't get what I wanted from the roulette).

I don't have any yet but I've almost gotten to the point of battling the person for the battle tower and the battle hall. My lucario is doing great in the battle hall! It knows aura sphere, dragon pulse, rock slide, and earthquake. Well either that or pretty dang close to that set. And he's going pretty far with that set I may say! Anyways, so yeah, I don't have any yet.

Grrr...I've tried two times to get the Gold print from the Battle Arcade, and both times I've been screwed by the roulette. Which I suppose is technically my fault since you control where the roulette lands, but whatever, let me have my rant! The first time, I landed on the one that makes me switch my team with my opponents! Let me tell you, it's no fun suddenly facing your own super powerful team with a team of very mediocre Pokemon. The second time, I landed on the space that gives every Pokemon on my team an item. Sounds cool, right? Guess what item every Pokemon on my team got? A lagging tail! Suddenly I'm going last every turn, and my Pokemon just weren't able to handle that. Okay, I'm done ranting. I'll probably try for it a third time sometime soon. The Battle Arcade Gold print may be harder to get than I originally thought...