The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

I originally created a thread to check my own pokemon for legality, and although it proved sucessful, it made me realize that many members pose questions about legality of there pokemon or if someone may check the legality of them. Sadly, many members do not know where to look.

This thread is intended to aid members in the legalizing of their pokemon through checking over trash bytes, running pkms through the legality checker, and answering questions not already answered in the Legality guide.

Simply attached a post with the question, Error message, and/or pkm needing to be legalized. Our team of checkers/Legalizers will act as quickly as possible to solve your issue.

From time to time I may post my own pkm because I may need some help as well. Legality can take a while to understand.

RULES:

-a maximum of 10 pkms may be posted every 2 days by a single member

- always check the Legality Guide (by Greencat) first before asking a question

- do not PM People contributing to this thread asking why they have not completed your question yet. They will always post here if they are not availible or have answered your question

Further rules may be added in the future

CONTRIBUTORS:

-Metalbear- Legality and Trash Bytes/ Pkm Attributes

-Aarux- Pkm Attribute's

-Sabresite- Legality Results/ "Why Does ____ Result Show Up?"/ Pkm Attributes

-Toffeuy- Legality and Trash Bytes

*** If you wish to help in the success of this thread, PM me!***

Moderators: if there is already a similar topic, please delete this one. This was intended to make it easier to ask questions, find answers, and cut down on "Thread Spam"

Edited by Metalbear

• 3 months later...

I have been an appreciater of the work done here for some time, although never got around to posting. So hello i'm stuck. Basically im trying to create a legal (valid) geodude at leve 5 for platinum as like my alternate starter (i've started game again). Seeing as I dont want any breed moves and wanted to dictate it's EV's/IV's i have made it a wild one. I've filled in hex value's using the guides on this forum and the legality guide. I don't understand what i've done wrong. Heres a picture of the error given by legality checker.

GeoFAIL.jpg

Heres the pkm file.

Geodude.pkm

Heres a screenshot of my pokesav pokemon edit.

geopokesav.th.jpg

And the PIV/IV generator..

PID-ID.jpg

I know the IV's are all 31, basically im trying to create the best theoretically possible stats, so this should still be valid.... just incredibly unlikely. My question is, why am I failing the legality check?

Thanks for any help

Geodude.pkm

GeoFAIL.jpg.b837fff721c25e4c84e222f0ba72

PID-ID.jpg.d39e4b9f97663df124cce22104a08

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grettings everyone.

Apologies if this isn't where I should ask this, but after much looking around it seemed the most appropriate place.

My question is that recently I got a Japanese Movie Darkrai which was of course supposed to be legit, and on the surface does seem to be. Later on I decided to check it out in all the different tools just to see if I had been scammed. Everything looks perfect except for two possible problems I found (well three but I think i ruled one out). The first two being his happiness untouched is set to 70, and I believe this value should be 0 for Darkrai should it not? Also, the trash bytes show up as being invalid in the most recent legal.exe. They are 00's rather than FF's. I have looked far and wide for information as to what exactly it's trash bytes should be (likely FF's if they are wrong, but was looking for direct confirmation for this exact poke), but have found none. I saw a post on here that said JP pokemon could have 0's for trash bytes instead of the usual so perhaps it isn't hacked? I'm so confused at this point I really didn't know what to other than ask you guys for help. Pika AntiCheat shows it as cheated, but then again my 100% legit pichu and jirachi from last month show up cheated as well (I believe this is due to the PIV/IV relationship that wonder card pokemon have yes?) so I don't think that is a problem. The legal.exe shows no problems other than invalid trash bytes. I will attach the file below, and thanks to all for their time in advance. ^_^

-GentaiShinigami

TL;DR: Is it in any way possible that having 00's for trash bytes is legit for a Japanese Darkrai, is 70 happiness normal for this particular poke (i suppose it could have been raised anyway, but I doubt it given that it's 70 exactly), and lastly the PID/IV relation will be incorrect for this poke compared to normal relation of them correct? Thanks!

Edit: Also just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the great work you do! Had a blast reading through everything, and learning so much about the behind the scenes of Pokemon!

Japanese Movie Darkrai.pkm

Japanese Movie Darkrai.pkm

Edited by GentaiShinigami
Forgot to say my thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have this Palkia and I am not too sure why it's saying "unknown or hacked".

I am pretty sure it's because of the PID...can anyone find me how to make this look legit?

If I need to change the PID...let me know because I've tried the IV/PID program to get the PID for this specific case and it kept saying it couldn't find any.

I'd like to keep the perfect IVs and timid nature.

3272010115120am.png

• 2 weeks later...
I have this Palkia and I am not too sure why it's saying "unknown or hacked".

I am pretty sure it's because of the PID...can anyone find me how to make this look legit?

If I need to change the PID...let me know because I've tried the IV/PID program to get the PID for this specific case and it kept saying it couldn't find any.

I'd like to keep the perfect IVs and timid nature.

3272010115120am.png

Change your secret ID 42368 and re-do the IV generation.

@lordkira

Your PID/IVs combo is invalid.

To keep the current PID's info, PID: 2034429810 SID:42370 - Legal, Shiny, and carried over PID dictating facts.

@Champloo

You should be good, hatched gets around the PID/IV combo issue.

@fruehlingslolle

You might want to upload the PKM, I'll do some testing on it.

EDIT: Posted in your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone I'm new. I registered on these forums because I need help making my Scizor legal. I created 5 pokemon and I was able to get all of them legal except for Scizor. No matter what PID/IV combo I try, it always comes out a hacked in the legality checker. Here's the file, if you could look into it I would be extremely grateful. I need him Adamant and Technician, which I believe is the 2nd ability. Gender doesn't matter. If it's the secret ID that needs to be changed then please do so, I just typed in any random number.

Scizor.pkm

Scizor.pkm

Hey everyone I'm new. I registered on these forums because I need help making my Scizor legal. I created 5 pokemon and I was able to get all of them legal except for Scizor. No matter what PID/IV combo I try, it always comes out a hacked in the legality checker. Here's the file, if you could look into it I would be extremely grateful. I need him Adamant and Technician, which I believe is the 2nd ability. Gender doesn't matter. If it's the secret ID that needs to be changed then please do so, I just typed in any random number.

You didn't just generate a PID, right? That's a sure fire way to give it a hacked status.

Here you go, should be perfectly fine. The Special Attack IV was changed to 13 in making a legal PID.

Rlaur - Scizor.pkm

Rlaur - Scizor.pkm

Edited by Aarux
Fixed attachment

You didn't just generate a PID, right? That's a sure fire way to give it a hacked status.

Here you go, should be perfectly fine. The Special Attack IV was changed to 13 in making a legal PID.

Lol, that's not what you're supposed to do? I inputted the IVs/Nature I wanted and gave the PID it gave me to the Pokemon. Took me a few tries with all the other Pokemon but I got them all legal except for Scizor. Anyway thanks, I appreciate it.

If I make a Pokemon egg using the Platinum Pokesav to trade and hatch on my HG (My AR doesn't like HG, so I can't use the HG Pokesav) what exactly do I have to fill in? Do I need to enter a PID and Trainer ID? Because I thought they were determined upon hatching