What Is Your Primary Image Manipulation Program?

Greencat

What is your Primary Image Manipulation Program?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Primary Image Manipulation Program?

• GIMP 2.5 (Or Below)
    • GIMP 2.6
    • Photoshop CS2 (Or Below)
    • Photoshop CS3
    • Photoshop CS4
    • PS Elements 6 (Or Below)
    • PS Elements 7
    • PS Elements 8
    • Paint.NET
    • Other (Please Post)

What Is Your Primary Image Manipulation Program?

Note: If you use an extended edition of Photoshop, just pick the CS #.

If you have found I have missed something--let me know. ;)

- GIMP 2.5 or Below

- GIMP 2.6

- PS CS2 or Below

- PS CS3

- PS CS4

- PS Elements 6 or Below

- PS Elements 7

- PS Elements 8

- Paint.NET

- Other (Please list)

------

I use to use GIMP 2.6, but now I use Photoshop CS4. I really like it a lot. I have even checked out tutorials online (Not those signature tutorials...). <3 :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Right!:kikkoman:

I don't have a clue with Photoshop, or Gimp. When i opened up the program so many buttons, and words i don't understand. So i uploaded an image, then went all spaztic, and click on random things......Then i got bored so i uninstalled it.

Understanding Photoshop/Gimp is an art on it's own. I was lost the first time I opened it to :o)

I currently use Photoshop CS4. I used to use the previous versions, starting with CS2. Oh, and one to add to the list...possibly the Jasc Paint Shop Pro versions? I used to use the program a very long time ago, and it works similar to Photoshop with a bunch of features similar to Photoshop. I've had past experience with GIMP and Paint.NET as well. But Photoshop has to take the cake :P

I am yet another PhotoShop CS4 user... for most things. What image software I use heavily depends on what I am doing. If I am trying to draw (very rare) I tend to use Easy PaintTool SAI as it does not lag while drawing like PhotoShop while having the same setup for tablets.

I also use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 for other tasks. The biggest one being more minor edits like resizes as PSP9 seems to be able to do this better and will compress images better when saving them as the same format. Can reduce the size of PNGs I saved in PhotoShop by around 10-20% when saving them in PSP9. I also do a fair bit of sprite work in PSP9 as it is a lot better for pixel art than PhotoShop's clunky, laggy interface.

PhotoShop CS4 is my go-to solution for more complex edits and when colouring artwork, though. Since colouring lineart I get from a friend of mine is what I do most often, it gets the most use. =n.n=

It has been FOREVER since ive last posted on the forums, but I LOVE Gimp 2.6, i started using it around halfway into summer vaca, but now i'm pretty decent at using it. Its just a free photoshop becuas ethe way I see it, photoshop CS whatever has whatever GIMP 2.6 has. so gimp 2.6 ftw (FREEWARE FTW)

It has been FOREVER since ive last posted on the forums, but I LOVE Gimp 2.6, i started using it around halfway into summer vaca, but now i'm pretty decent at using it. Its just a free photoshop becuas ethe way I see it, photoshop CS whatever has whatever GIMP 2.6 has. so gimp 2.6 ftw (FREEWARE FTW)

Actually, I thought the same till I got PS. PS has more filters, tools, selecting tools, brush settings, smudge settings (like over 10 options to change) and more.

Only problem with newer versions of PhotoShop... Although they do have all of those nice, sparkly features, they suffer from being programmed by Adobe. It does not seem to matter what it is, if it is an Adobe piece of software, it moves at a snail's pace and bogs down your entire system. My laptop is by no means weak, but PhotoShop CS4 lags rather severely on it. If you ask me, instead of adding even more sparkly features into CS5, they should instead focus on making the code in their programs much more efficient... I am sure I am not the only one who would appreciate increased performance.

Only problem with newer versions of PhotoShop... Although they do have all of those nice, sparkly features, they suffer from being programmed by Adobe. It does not seem to matter what it is, if it is an Adobe piece of software, it moves at a snail's pace and bogs down your entire system. My laptop is by no means weak, but PhotoShop CS4 lags rather severely on it. If you ask me, instead of adding even more sparkly features into CS5, they should instead focus on making the code in their programs much more efficient... I am sure I am not the only one who would appreciate increased performance.

:/ My computer is an old dinosaur and it runs hyper-speed for me...in fact, every Adobe software I've had ran extremely fast with no lag at all.

Photoshop has no lag for me. I changed the settings and allowed it to have 3GB of RAM. :B

Hmm, it seems to run perfectly fine on my computer. Except for when I've left my log on running the whole day and just clicked on 'Switch User'. Then the lag is immense - it takes it about five minutes for the picture to show up.