CatchCalc - V2.1 is live!

Version 2.1 is live. Download link below!

CatchCalc is a simple in Java written program that can calculate the chance of capture a pokémon given the pokémon Max HP and current HP. While a couple of steps are still required to actually know these values (one method explained below), it is wishful thinking to hope that in a future game we'll actually be able to see values rather than green bars.

How to find the wild pokémon's HP:

First and foremost I have to say this this will never be accurate due to IVs, so I greatly advice you to set the HP IV to 31 so in any case the chance of capture ends up being higher than calculated!

That said, for finding out how much HP the pokemon has that you are encountering you can use any battle simulator (i.e. Pokemon Showdown) or save editor (i.e. PKHeX).

Simply pick your pokemon, set the level and make sure the HP IV is 31.

For the "current HP" you can go for a single HP, implying the use of False Swipe or Hold Back or you could make it max HP.

Download link:

The .jar file is on the bitbucket. Click here to download it directly.

The sourcecode is publicly available on Bitbucket, click here to go there.

Requirements:

Like I said, the program has been written in Java. Most modern machines come with Java pre-installed, but otherwise you can download the Java Runtime Environment

FAQ:

Q: It doesn't start!

A: Make sure you have associated the .jar extension with Java. To do so right click the program then "open with" and then select the Java platform.

Q: I can't find the Java platform in the list!

A: If you are certain that you did install the above linked JRE, also go ahead and download the Java Development Kit for your OS. Once you have that installed

On Windows:

• Open a command prompt by holding the windows key then pressing R. This will make the Run popup show, in here type `cmd.exe`
  • In the command prompt type `cd [path-to-where-you-saved-the-program]` and hit enter
  • Then type `Java -jar "CatchCalc.jar"` including quotation marks!

On Mac (At least this worked for me on my OSX Maverics, I don't use my Mac a lot. at all)

• Open Terminal
  • Type `Java -jar "CatchCalc.jar"` including quotation marks!

On Linux (going by Ubuntu here, not sure if it's the same across all distributions)

• Open Terminal
  • navigate to the folder where the program is, if this is the Downloads folder it will most likely be by typing `cd ~/Downloads`
  • Type `Java -jar "CatchCalc.jar"` including quotation marks!

Changelog:

(- for removed, + for added, @ for changed)

Version 2.1:

@ Corrected some spelling mistakes

@ Did some code refactoring

+ Updated catch rate calculation so it also allows for selecting either XY or ORAS

Version 2.0:

- The old code

+ Completely rewritten from ground up - Switched from the GUI editor in NetBeans to standard classes.

+ A repo on bitbucket

@ An actually working distributable file. I was not aware that the previous download was accidentally missing files, but this time around it's all packed in 1 .jar file.

Version 1.0:

+ Initial release

If you have any other questions, concerns, or you if you notice a mistake that I made please let me know in the comments below!

Edited by Favna

Version 2.0 is live!

Download link:

Changelog:

Version 2.0:

- The old code

+ Completely rewritten from ground up - Switched from the GUI editor in NetBeans to standard classes.

+ A repo on bitbucket

@ An actually working distributable file. I was not aware that the previous download was accidentally missing files, but this time around it's all packed in 1 .jar file.

Version 2.1 is live!

Download link:

Changelog:

Version 2.1:

@ Corrected some spelling mistakes

@ Did some code refactoring

+ Updated catch rate calculation so it also allows for selecting either XY or ORAS

Edited by Favna