Wondering about the legality of tinkering with Wonder Cards

Kinkedo56

A little background info: I received a legit Tanabata Jirachi a few months back. Now that I'm on a team building frenzy, I'm breeding all sorts of Pokémon for playing around. This is when I realized that a paraflinching Jirachi would better suit my team as the one I have was a Timid (Moonblast Superachi).

As I like to soft reset my legendaries, my question is whether edits to the wonder card (using WC6) would make the thing illegal when I inject through pkhex and pick it up from the lady. By changes I mean like editing the random nature flag to a specific nature so that I don't have to soft reset for both nature and IVs. As any nature is legal I would like to believe that this is alright but as I am less knowledgeable on how the game works I am here to ask if the game has any method to trace the source of the Pokémon back to its wonder card. Because if it can, this seemingly legal nature/stat Jirachi would be traced back to a different WC and therefore illegal.

What a long post for a simple question :bidoof:

The game keep a copy of the WCs once they're received/injected, and just adds its ID to the "used" list after you pick it up, but the WC stays stored forever (until you delete with PKHeX of course). So if you force the nature on the WC itself, the WC will be illegal and will stay there if they decide to check (that they won't). But technically the game leaves no tie between the pokémon and the WC. You can do either:

1. Leave the WC as it was when you received then edit the Jirachi itself.

2. Edit the WC to force a nature/etc, after you get the desired Jirachi, delete that WC and re-inject the original one adding it also to the used list (which wouldn't trigger the delivery girl).

Be sure to not mess up the WC IDs too.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've decided to leave the WC alone, this brings up another question. Gen VI Pokemon games detect region by the 3DS e-shop and not the game's language. I know that the local wireless events are region free but the WiFi events and serial codes are not. I am using an American 3DS. If I injected WiFi/Code events on my Japanese language Pokemon on a US 3DS, can that actually interfere with my WC legality? Does it read region language or injecting it on a US 3DS in JP language already tricks the system and I'm clear?