Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation Patch.

Re: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation Patch.

I had the exact opposite problem... i have a patched SS and i downloaded HG and used the katakana names english patch and it just loads a black screen. (and it plays the opening music, just no video)
    The cake is a lie... A very believable, mouthwateringly delicious lie...

i cant seem to get the game to work i put the code 020DD9E4 E1A00000 in and the bottom screen works but the top stays black
    what the deal ? could some one plz give me a working English rom and a working no$gba

i can play fire red leaf green silve gold blue exc with no problems but when i lode the ss/hg versions it works fine up in tell i put my name in then its all crap

Emperor of the clone army Wiki ContributorFormer StaffEvent Contributor Mewtwo Ex's Avatar

The patch is not installed correctly. Keep trying with the latest patch.

''Mewtwo Ex banned GOD!''

Shinies
    Spoiler

Just in case everyone don't know, The version 7 of the patch is already out. I just downloaded it while ago.
    It works find, only one problem though, the pokemons' names is in Japanese, as well as my girl rivle. Can you please translate those into English in version 8?
    Also, the poke gears is still in Japanese, but I found one person whose text in the poke gears is in English.

Emperor of the clone army Wiki ContributorFormer StaffEvent Contributor Mewtwo Ex's Avatar

I have no trouble with the PokeGear. And it was fixed with the first patch i think.

''Mewtwo Ex banned GOD!''

Shinies
    Spoiler

You are probably using the patch containing katakana names for pkmn, instead of english names.

how do u work a patch
    i updated my no$ now it will not save
    Last edited by red2k2timmy; Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:47 PM.

O yeah, Maybe I will redownload the patched rom. But, can I transfer my save from the one I've just played with the Japanese pokemon's names to the new one? I am playing it on desmume 0.9.5, or I will have to start playing from the beginning. The patch is great though, the first gym leader was translated which I think in the previous patch the gym leader is still in Japanese. Great work so far! Looking forward to patch 8.

Quote Originally Posted by supanut View Post
    But, can I transfer my save from the one I've just played with the Japanese pokemon's names to the new one?
    Yes. The save file will work with both a clean and a patched ROM.

Thanks for the info, on the new one with English pokemon names, I played further than my old one with the Japanese pokemon names! The patch 7 is very cool, I had experience no freezing so far. Keep up your great work KazoWAR!

Quote Originally Posted by epicNeo View Post
    I'd play this, but I don't see much point. I've played Pokemon long enough to know most of the moves and abilities by heart, and a good portion of the game off of memory. That, and I'm taking Japanese too (which doesn't help, considering I can only read Japanese but I don't know any vocabulary :P)

You'll be waiting for the English release, then? xP It'd be a waste and very difficult to translate all of the story. They normally just do the most important parts. I'm attempting to play through it untranslated xD
    I agree. If I fet up with the uncomplete translation, I would rather switch back to D/P/PT and wait until March of 2010, but I think of anyway just give it a try W/O English text. I already made a request for the English rom from my friend at school. Maybe I will remine him at the end of Febuary to send the rom to my email.
    I will continue to play this game until I think I'm fet up with the rom.
    You can't really rely on Gold/Silver now because parts of the game has changed, thus make it more difficult to play, especially W/O English text which is very important.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324