ORAS Event - HA Amaura

Chamdee

The next Battle Competition has been announced. This competition is called the Dragon Cup and is only for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and is a Double Battle. In this competition, the rules are National Pokédex with you having to have at least one Dragon-type Pokémon in your team. You can also use up to two of the following: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie. Registration runs from March 12th until March 20th while the competition runs from March 20th to March 23rd.

This competition will give a special gift to all who enter, a Level 10 Amaura with its Hidden Ability of Snow Warning and the moves Growl, Powder Snow, Magnet Rise and Rock Throw..

Source: Serebii News

Participants that battle three times and record a win or loss in each battle will receive Amaura with its Hidden Ability Snow Warning. It will be level 10 and will have the moves: Growl, Powder Snow, Thunder Wave and Rock Throw. After the rankings are released on March 27, Amaura will be available for participants.

Source: Bulbapedia

Edited by Chamdee
Added info from Bulbapedia

Awesome! With this we'll have all Pokemon with their HA's released! (exept legendaries)

Right, but some pokemon's HAs only exist through transfer, namely the Gen IV and III starters (event Torchic excluding), and some pre-Gen VI fossil pokemon. It would be cool if they had events for those, save the trouble of genning them. What would be cool is an HA for Deoxys where it can go into either form at will, kind of like Stance Change. Attacking moves go into Atk form, priority and/or entry hazards go into Speed form, status moves go into Defense form, you always start at Normal form.

Right, but some pokemon's HAs only exist through transfer, namely the Gen IV and III starters (event Torchic excluding), and some pre-Gen VI fossil pokemon. It would be cool if they had events for those, save the trouble of genning them. What would be cool is an HA for Deoxys where it can go into either form at will, kind of like Stance Change. Attacking moves go into Atk form, priority and/or entry hazards go into Speed form, status moves go into Defense form, you always start at Normal form.

Theres really no reason for them to do that. You just transfer them over and breed to have a pentagon ha version of the ones you listed. Amaura was litteraly the last one needed to be released besides the legendaries(Which im sure they have something planned for them when the new movie is released since the movie has literally tons of legends in it.

It is well known Gamefreak hates Ice types or think they're very broken. Freeze Skin is probably the better ability competitively though, considering Blizzard was nerfed for no reason. Until Hail weather actually has a practical use (Ice Body stalling does not exist anymore thanks to the turn limitations), this mon will probably have little use objectively. It is still something I want though.

Good thing it comes with Magnet Rise, I don't really want to transfer a tutored Magnet Rise mon from Gen V just to get it as an egg move.

It is well known Gamefreak hates Ice types or think they're very broken. Freeze Skin is probably the better ability competitively though, considering Blizzard was nerfed for no reason. Until Hail weather actually has a practical use (Ice Body stalling does not exist anymore thanks to the turn limitations), this mon will probably have little use objectively. It is still something I want though.

Good thing it comes with Magnet Rise, I don't really want to transfer a tutored Magnet Rise mon from Gen V just to get it as an egg move.

It actually comes with thunder wave, magnet rise is a translation mistake:

<<プレゼントされる隠れ特性のアマルスの詳細>>

■レベル:10

■分類:ツンドラポケモン

■タイプ:いわ こおり

■特性:ゆきふらし

戦闘に出ると、5ターンの間、天気が「あられ」状態になる。

■高さ:1.3m

■重さ:25.2kg

■技

・なきごえ

・こなゆき

・でんじは

・いわおとし

隠れ特性のアマルスのプレゼントは、今回が初めて!

ポケモン育て屋に預けると見つかるタマゴからは、隠れ特性のアマルスが生まれることがあるので、

たくさんタマゴを見つけてGTSなどを使って、世界中のプレイヤーと交換してみよう!

Source

You can actually go to this page and Ctrl+F for "でんじは" to check it.

Also, that makes sense as tyrunt was distributed with no egg move, only thoses it normally learns at lvl 10. Which will be the case for amagara too if it comes with thunder wave ;)

Oh is that so? I just checked the Korean site too. It is indeed a mistranslation:

<<선물로 드리는 숨겨진 특성을 지닌 「아마루스」의 상세 정보>>

■레벨 : 10

■분류 : 툰드라포켓몬

■타입 : 바위 / 얼음

■특성 : 눈퍼뜨리기

배틀에 나가면 5턴 동안 날씨가 「싸라기눈」 상태가 된다.

■키 : 1.3m

■몸무게 : 25.2kg

■기술

・울음소리

・눈싸라기

전기자석파

・돌떨구기

I guess it is a move tutor in ORAS anyways so it should not matter much (except I do not own ORAS).