XD Gale of Darkness party converter script

Hello! I have written a python script that will read a RAM dump of xD: Gale of darkness and convert your party to Gen 3 format pokemon files.

Instructions: When playing on your dolphin-dev mode, hit dump MRAM to get your ram.raw and then the inputs are as follows:

All y/n? y or n for whether you want to export all of the pokemon in your party

Slot: 1 - 6 this is your the starting slot or single slot you want to export from

Directory: The directory of your ram.raw, you can drag your ram.raw into the window and remove the quotations

OT: your OT case sensitive.

How it works: It searches the approximate location of your party for your OT in hex, then snips out the full party in the form of a string. The rest of the program reads that string and rearranges it to gen 3 format.

Limitations: US only, Coded for windows, Can't export shadow pokemon, they must be purified. Also the following OT or Nickname characters are not supported: .. ' (starting single quote) " " (both starting and ending quotes) ♂ ♀ $

Supported characters: ABC abc 0-9 !?-/'.,

The full code can be found here. Please let me know of any bugs I can fix!

Edit: I made a collosseum version as well here!

Double Edit: Here is a xD only BOX converter that will convert your whole box (and no restriction on nicknames!). Heres a link!

Here are some screencaps:

Party:

18e1e28133.jpg

Export Process:

b77ed9ccdb.png

In A-Save:

ec02967f50.png

In Gen III Emulator:

e09b0ba5e2.png

Togepi:

b2185391f7.png

f02f31d669.png

Thanks for taking the time to read through and checkout the code!

Edited by Ask_me_about_birds
wrong paste
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Dude, you save my life! This is what I was needing! I wanna know if you have plains for transform it in a executable and turn more easy to people that don't have a big knowledge?

Edit: I'm getting this error when I tried to extract my Meganium from Pokémon Colosseum. All others Pokémon I have worked very well, but it have this problem...

Error.jpg

GC6E01-14.png

GC6E01-15.png

GC6E01-16.png

Could you help me?

GC6E01-15.png.a265e5a26874948807334e4b67

GC6E01-16.png.2d89704b21ea5c6f26091b4731

Error.jpg.6ef6c84f259555931b515f72d61fcc

GC6E01-14.png.f3caa7d37be3379029a6777cf3

Edited by LatiosDoug

• 1 year later...

Hate to necro this buuuuut when i get everything running it's giving me an error after I type in my OT telling me on line 13 it cant find the requested directory of my "...\\Desktop\\Desktop\\" to write the file to, so I changed the Python command line .exe to run as admin, now it's telling me it has insufficient permission to open the ram.raw file on the same line, I am thoroughly confused as to why it opens without admin rights and wont open the file when I set the directory to look at the desktop and find the ram.raw itself, it also gives me the error when i give it the ending "...\ram.raw", any help is greatly appreciated, I'm trying to export my pokemon from Gale of Darkness to the gen 3 emulator to transfer up to gen 4 and so on from there but I only have a save state on dolphin, I really don't want to have to restart I just finished the game lol, thanks in advance!