Sky3DS save back-up / edit in PKHEX

deadlylegion

Hello,

I've spent some time lurking here on the site and have not seen this combination mentioned.

I have a Sky3DS, so that I can back-up and move my save files to my PC. What I get is a .SAV file.

I have tried deleting and re-instating the .SAV file - and it seemed to work without a problem, placing me in the right place with the right pokemon. My guess is that it means I have apparently all the necessary data in the .SAV file.

How can I then extract/convert the .SAV, so that I can use it in the PKHEX and modify it?

Hello,

I've spent some time lurking here on the site and have not seen this combination mentioned.

I have a Sky3DS, so that I can back-up and move my save files to my PC. What I get is a .SAV file.

I have tried deleting and re-instating the .SAV file - and it seemed to work without a problem, placing me in the right place with the right pokemon. My guess is that it means I have apparently all the necessary data in the .SAV file.

How can I then extract/convert the .SAV, so that I can use it in the PKHEX and modify it?

Sky3DS saves are not supported in PKHeX (yet at least).

Ahh... So if I want a modified Pokemon (and other games) experience, what solution should I invest in then?

My problem is that my 3DS is 9.4.0 21

Ooooh. There's nothing really you can do. If you didn't update your 3DS, you would need a Powersaves, Gateway with latest firmware (they only support 4.x-9.2), and either a second game/3DS to trade genned pokemon, or Pokemon bank to stick them in. For now, you can only dump carts with GW and view/edit decrypted Powersaves in PKHex. You can't inject saves into carts, that's why I mentioned the 2 methods. I'm curious about QQ3DS and if PKHex can/will support that. I don't know much about it though.

So the Powersaves dongle does not work on 9.4?

It does, but while you can decrypt a Powersave and view and edit on PKHex, you can't inject that save into a cart. Only to a rom, which with Gateway (supporting FW 4.x-9.2) can be done through their browser exploit. Again though, with Gateway, there's no support for 9.4 (probably won't be for a long time), and then there's CyberSave (JP console/cart only).