RNG in gen 6? will it ever be possible?

Mega Mewtwo X

No; the RNG is seeded by the AES engine which cannot be predicted or influenced for any control.

While what Kaphotics is saying is true to the best of my understanding, we may not need at all the initial seed. In this case it's an LCRNG. Even if the seed is generated by the AES MAC as Kaphotics says, it's still theoretically possible to find the current RNG state with enough known inputs. However, I was told that attempting to do so by doing a brute-force search, for instance, using the values of the Pokemon animations on the stat screen would be extremely difficult and take months to do. People have actually tried it and failed, or rather their means to do so failed them...

Nevertheless, even if we could easily find the RNG state, there is no saying that it would be possible to yield desired results.

Just the same, I'd like to hear what OmegaDonut and Slashmolder have to say about this now. A lot of progress has been made since the games have been decrypted and dumped. Those people who have access to the code surely know what would be the best way to look into this although they may quite understandably be reluctant to do so.

Who knows, there might be shortcuts we are not aware of which would make the search quicker. GameSync data? Wifi packets? I dunno. I'm still optimistic about this although the picture admittedly does seems pretty bleak. As I was told countless times: "it will probably never happen".

Anyway at this point, with the games decrypted, dumped and datamined there doesn't seem to be much constructive things left to do. Perhaps those with the "know how" will look into the possibilities of RNG'ing in Gen VI again? Or, maybe they simply won't...? : L

• 4 weeks later...
We might be able sort of RNG by starting the game and finding the seed you started on and looking for good seeds from there.

I'm curious, by what means do you expect we will be able to determine (in-game) the state of the RNG and the current initial seed?