What do you expect from the next generation of games?

AtomicGreymon

There was a poll thread about this on the previous forum, so I just thought I'd revive it here for people to post their wish-list for the next generation. I decided not to go with a poll for this, though, as most of the poll options in the previous thread were things that are pretty much assured to to be in the next gen... better graphics, more pokemon, etc. But there are other things that we may want in those games, that may not necessarily present themselves to the designers as obvious additions.

A big one for me? I think it's about time the National Dex was reorganized... after 3 generations of adding to previous evolution lines and legendaries no longer being at the end of the list, it's started to look less like an organized database (which is what it's supposed to be) and more like just a gigantic mess. While most Pokemon are pretty much okay where they are, all legendaries should be shifted to the end and sorted according to Trios, ubers, cute ones, etc... and specimens like Pichu, Magnezone, Magmortar and all other evolution lines which aren't currently together in the National Dex should be shifted so they are.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a poll thread about this on the previous forum, so I just thought I'd revive it here for people to post their wish-list for the next generation. I decided not to go with a poll for this, though, as most of the poll options in the previous thread were things that are pretty much assured to to be in the next gen... better graphics, more pokemon, etc. But there are other things that we may want in those games, that may not necessarily present themselves to the designers as obvious additions.

A big one for me? I think it's about time the National Dex was reorganized... after 3 generations of adding to previous evolution lines and legendaries no longer being at the end of the list, it's started to look less like an organized database (which is what it's supposed to be) and more like just a gigantic mess. While most Pokemon are pretty much okay where they are, all legendaries should be shifted to the end and sorted according to Trios, ubers, cut ones, etc... and specimens like Pichu, Magnezone, Magmortar and all other evolution lines which aren't currently together in the National Dex should be shifted so they are.

Wow, what I would like in the game is being able to create multiple profiles so that you can restart without losing all previous data! That would be awesome! So you could experience more pokemon like choose a different starter!

Gasp! Well I think that...Well I just joined pokemon in Generation IV so I'm kind of bias on that point. However, with so many ideas taken for pokemon already it will be somewhat difficult. That is why they should look at fan sites like these to find ideas!

I want a GSC remake, but I doubt that's happening.

Yeah, I'm hoping for that, as well.... without those, every single one of the Johto legendaries are basically inaccessible to new players of the game... and probably even to a great number of people who played Ruby/Sapphire and are able to Pal Park stuff. Only those who played through both Gamecube games can get them, and even then there's still Celebi. And (going by the database on this site, anyway) Celebi doesn't ever seem to have had an event for the DS generation games; not even in Japan. What's up with that?

I want a GSC remake, but I doubt that's happening. Personally, I thought that most of the Pokémon in Gen IV were kind of retarded. Hopefully Nintendo gets their creative spirit back?

I agree with some of the pokemon being kind of retarded (bidoof).

But what is with Drifloon? It sucks:p

What is GSC I cant seem to figure it out.

LOL

about celebii, i was able to obtain one from the journey across america tour a few years back (during the 3rd gen) and as far as i know that was the last release of him. come to think of it i don't think there were any distributions for celebii in the 4th gen...im hopefull for a GSC remake but a 5th gen would be cool also. If nintendo is following the same pattern (as they have for more than a decade) we might get to see 5th gen (if they are making a 5th gen) pokes in the 12th movie (like munchlax and buizel in the movie with mew and that tree...can't remember the movie name). if there are no new pokes introduced in movie 12 then we should expect a remake of GSC. plus at the end of the movies in japan they show a little preview of the next movie (atleast thats what they have done sofar). Either way im a diehard pokefan and will get what ever is next on the list of upcoming games.

Nintendo has only come out with a New Generation of Pokemon each time a new Gameboy was added (RBY-GB, GSC-GBC, RSE-GBA, DPP-DS). And it may be hard to come up with anymore ideas after DPP. I mean, with the legends they have come up with it may be hard to think of some more legends. I think they are going to make "Special Editions" versions of the games where only a little bit more is added instead of a whole new generation.

I guess it's true with Arceus, they've basically reached the apex of the current legendary line. But I don't think that necessarily means it would be overly difficult for them to make more games. They just need to go in a different direction with future legendaries.

Yeah! The whole, criminal team searches for legendaries, you stop them story line has gone on for a while. Shouldn't it change to something more I dont know exciting. All though team galactic really urks me. I just lost in the distortion world so I have to go through it all again!

And since Arceus is basically a God (literally, lol) of the Pokemon World, future legendaries have to move away from the trend of each generation being on successively more divine mythos. There are probably lots of other cool types of things a legendary Pokemon could potentially be based on... there's no rule saying they have to be tied somehow to a creation myth.

I expect there to be a meaningful choice between the new pokemon and the old pokemon. Seriously, there's very few reasons that I'd take say Gastrodon over Swampert. Or Pidgeot over Staraptor. Or Pelliper over Gyarados/Mantine

Also 2v2 battling. MORE 2v2 battling.