Question regarding the SHINY/MODIFY PID code of Powersaves for ORAS

jacktell90

Hello to everyone,

I have a question regarding the SHINY/MODIFY PID code of Powersaves: how is It possible that the new code, who is supposed to modify a pokemon PID to make It equal to Its TID and, therefore, shiny, modifies Its IVs too? Especially since It's well known that there is no relation anymore between PID and IVs? Is It possible that in ORAS the relation between PID and IVs has changed back to what It was before 5th gen?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Edited by jacktell90

I am pretty sure it changes the pokemons original trainer secret id to that of the pokemons egg shiney value, therefor making it seem like someone with its shiney value hatched it, but still have all same stats and your tid but not your secret tid

No, It only changes the pokemon PID, therefore Its ESV, and IVs.

From the PkHex Thread, I asked the same question:

For all those who are still asking questions regarding legality, that is unrelated to PKHeX; there are no local hack checks to your game cartridge so you do not have to worry about 'legality'.

As a reminder, ProjectPokemon does not support or encourage cheating; any questions regarding the legality of things you create (for the purpose of bypassing online hack checks) is not allowed.

Sorry Kaphotics, I forgot to mention that I do not care about bypassing online checks or anything like that, I'm only interested in why the new PID cheat code from Powersaves actually edits the IVs. Actually I'm a hack checker in a german pokemon forum, so I take the pokemon from users that need my help, partially decrypt the PS backups and then view the result in PkHex. Since pokecheck is down it's the best option we have to keep away hacks. If you want me to verify me I could easily do that, but I hope it's not necessary. So it's not a question about bypassing checks, it's more about identifying hacked pokemon. If it is the case that the PID is connected to the IVs again and we'd know the algorithm it would be easy to identify hacked IVs, wouldn't it? Hope I don't ask too many questions, but I'd be great if you'd be able to explain, why powersaves acts this way.

From the PkHex Thread, I asked the same question:

Sorry Kaphotics, I forgot to mention that I do not care about bypassing online checks or anything like that, I'm only interested in why the new PID cheat code from Powersaves actually edits the IVs. Actually I'm a hack checker in a german pokemon forum, so I take the pokemon from users that need my help, partially decrypt the PS backups and then view the result in PkHex. Since pokecheck is down it's the best option we have to keep away hacks. If you want me to verify me I could easily do that, but I hope it's not necessary. So it's not a question about bypassing checks, it's more about identifying hacked pokemon. If it is the case that the PID is connected to the IVs again and we'd know the algorithm it would be easy to identify hacked IVs, wouldn't it? Hope I don't ask too many questions, but I'd be great if you'd be able to explain, why powersaves acts this way.

Unknown, and probably not.

When the day comes, we will cross that bridge.