Question regarding PID in 6th generation games

jacktell90

Hello to everyone,

I have a doubt regarding the PID in this generation and I was wondering If anyone could help me dispelling It: is PID related to Nature and IV in this generation ( unlike It was in 5th generation)? If It is not related to Nature and IV, then what is It related to?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

no

only shininess; Pokemon obtained from previous generations still retain their correlation.

Okay, thank you; just to be clear, when you say that PID is related to shininess, do you mean It is related to the SV of the pokemon? Sorry If It is a dumb question.

Another thing, I've just found this post=

"To make a Pokemon shiny, you have to makes it's SV (shiny value) to the TSV (trainer shiny value) of the OT (original trader.) When the SV = TSV, you get a shiny.

The SV can be changed by manipulating the PID. The TSV can be manipulated by changing the OT ID or the SID (secret ID).

Powersaves makes a shiny by not manipulating the PID, so the SV of the Pokemon stays the same. What it does do is alter the OT ID while leaving the SID alone. The OT ID is changed so that it generates a matching TSV that corresponds to the SV of the Pokemon.

When I use Cyber Save Editor, I use Kaphotic's PKHeX to just reroll the PID of the Pokemon to change it's SV to match my TSV.

The big difference between the two methods is that Powersaves results in a Pokemon that the game treats as a traded Pokemon, while the Cyber/PKHeX method makes the game treat it as a Pokemon that I caught".

Since you're an expert in this field and the creator of PKHex, can you confirm If powersaves and PKHex work the way It is described in the post above?

Thanks in advance for your answer and sorry for bothering you.

Edited by jacktell90

Okay, thank you; just to be clear, when you say that PID is related to shininess, do you mean It is related to the SV of the pokemon?

When ((PID >> 16) ^ (PID & 0xFFFF) ^ TID ^ SID) >> 4 == 0, the Pokemon is shiny.

TSV and ESV are simplified representations of the Trainer IDs and PID.

ESV = ((PID >> 16) ^ (PID & 0xFFFF)) >> 4

TSV = (TID ^ SID) >> 4

ESV == TSV -> shiny.

• 2 months later...
When ((PID >> 16) ^ (PID & 0xFFFF) ^ TID ^ SID) >> 4 == 0, the Pokemon is shiny.

TSV and ESV are simplified representations of the Trainer IDs and PID.

ESV = ((PID >> 16) ^ (PID & 0xFFFF)) >> 4

TSV = (TID ^ SID) >> 4

ESV == TSV -> shiny.

Not to bump the thread, but I was curious how PID and ESV was related and I came up to this thread.

I read what Kaphotics said and I tried to comprehend the equation he put, but I am having problem understanding the symbols.

I expected to see * (multiply), / (divide by) but rather I am seeing >>, &, ^.

1. Is >> mean "greater than" and ^ mean "power of"? I guess & is just "and"?

2. If PID was 58AC9E92 (for example), I guess it is greater than 16?

3. Also, what is 0xFFFF. I know it is hexadecimal term but is it referring to value of 0xFFFF?

Basically, I am trying to change the ESV value (by changing PID and whatever is related to it) to my TSV value so that hatching in-game will net me a shiny. I guess the easy way to cheat shiny is to click the star button PKHeX to make pokemon shiny, but it won't change ESV, which translates to OT and TID being incorrect, ultimately leading to not legal pokemon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitwise_operation

>> is "bitshift right"

^ is "bitwise XOR"

& is "bitwise AND"

0xFFFF is 16 consecutive "1"s in binary; when using with AND, it will keep the lowest 16 bits, and no higher. Basically it strips it down to 16 bits from a 32 bit number.

esv is a shorthand representation of the PID which can be compared to a shorthand representation of the trainer ID.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitwise_operation

>> is "bitshift right"

^ is "bitwise XOR"

& is "bitwise AND"

0xFFFF is 16 consecutive "1"s in binary; when using with AND, it will keep the lowest 16 bits, and no higher. Basically it strips it down to 16 bits from a 32 bit number.

esv is a shorthand representation of the PID which can be compared to a shorthand representation of the trainer ID.

Ah. I see what is happening in the equation now. :D

Thank you for clarifying. The wiki link was very helpful too.