Most used Pokeball?

Sir Xero

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Master balls (I used a 999 master ball cheat)

And timer or quick balls.

You know dusk balls are only good during night time or in caves. You must play at night a lot or you battle in caves a lot. I don't see why you would use them because they are very unreliable during the day time.

Plus, why wouldn't you use ultra balls for they have a higher catch rate then great balls. Although I personally would prefer the design of the great ball I would use the ultra ball because the great ball just doesn't get the job done. Since, in platinum I cant add it to the list of games on my AR, I cant use master balls but I do have some because I traded from my pearl version, I use the timer or quick balls. These balls are good because if you dont have any pokmeon catching pokemon with you they are efficient because you catch the pokemon at the beginning of the battle or do your best to survive long enough to use the timer ball.

Nest balls, are pretty decent but I'm not quite sure what it means when they refer to weaker. I've been play testing it but have been unsuccessful. You see when it says that they are good against weaker pokemon in the wild does it mean by level or by how much HP they have left or neither. It would be great if someone could tell me.

That is my way of looking at it. I hoped my comments help people get a better understanding of pokeball usage. Question::confused: What exactly does the premier ball do? I can't seem to figure it out. I have one and I want to use it accordingly. So if anyone has knowledge of what it does I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me.

Edited by pokemonfan
forgot something and I did not want to double post

Ok this is a comment on what you all have said so far. Plus, it might give some advice. It is long because of all the people I quoted.

Well i use normal Poke balls, and Quick Balls, when I'm just too lazy, actually the normal Poke Ball is actually one of the most effective, i have caught Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltreas.
Poke Balls FTW!

srsly

I <3 catching legends in Poke Balls (mewtwo on FireRed :D)

Normal pokeballs! Wow I didn't think that there was a high chance of that happening. You do know though that the ultra balls have a far higher catching rate then the normal balls and should be preferred over that of the normal average pokeballs. This is because you are more likely to catch the pokemon you want to catch. I mean what if those pokemon you mentioned were not caught because your normal pokeball failed you. Wouldn't you want something more reliable? I don't even carry those pokeballs anymore because I can by the ultra and great balls. I don't even carry great balls. Plus, the timer balls and quick balls provide a different type of efficiency that depends on how you want to battle and the pokemon with you.

PREMIER BALLS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What do they do?

I like Dive/Quick Balls. Especially the effects when a Pokemon is sent out.

You do know that with seals and ball capsules you can edit effects right. I do like the outer designs of the Dive and Quick balls though. Plus if you are trying to catch water pokemon to fill up your pokedex and they live in the ocean dive balls are the way to go. Net balls might help too.

-Greencat @ 8:25pm April 12

Yeah, but they can do things that the seals can't.

Edited by Greencat

I like Dusk Balls... Pokemon look so much cooler coming out of one of those.

Agreed they do look cool. Plus you have to think about the added benefits when you are trying to get to the top of mt. coronet! All those caves and new pokemon you encounter opportunity is knocking and it is telling you to bring dusk balls. I am on my way up to the top right now as of this post and I brought a ton of dusk balls because you never know! I hope that it helps me capture rare pokemon. So far a golbat and a machoke have fallen under dusk ball power. Those are the only two I've tried so far but I'm sure it will continue to help!

My favorite Pokeball is whichever one manages to catch the Pokemon:p Oh and pokemonfan, Premier Balls are just like ordinary Poke balls, same catch rate and everything, but they have a different design. You get a free one in a Poke mart whenever you buy ten regular Poke balls at one time. Actually, I've used Premier balls to catch the two shinies that I've randomly encountered (Budew and Floatzel).

Wow, ok then. Well I'd favor premier balls over pokeballs because they look way cooler. I know how to get them I just wondered if they were anything special. Why, other then the fact that they are just starting out, would someone buy ten pokeballs. You see I bought a lot of pokeballs early on in the game so I got the premier ball. I got this in pearl as well so I know how to get them but until now I didn't know what to use them for so I saved them.

Plus for the pokeball that catches the pokemon or whichever one manages to catch it. I guess well that is important, and the main idea of the pokeball.

Ok this is a comment on what you all have said so far. Plus, it might give some advice. It is long because of all the people I quoted.

Normal pokeballs! Wow I didn't think that there was a high chance of that happening. You do know though that the ultra balls have a far higher catching rate then the normal balls and should be preferred over that of the normal average pokeballs. This is because you are more likely to catch the pokemon you want to catch. I mean what if those pokemon you mentioned were not caught because your normal pokeball failed you. Wouldn't you want something more reliable? I don't even carry those pokeballs anymore because I can by the ultra and great balls. I don't even carry great balls. Plus, the timer balls and quick balls provide a different type of efficiency that depends on how you want to battle and the pokemon with you.

REALLY! seriously who doesn't know the difference between catch rates of Pokeballs, and Ultraballs, and that advice is quite pointless.

the reason i choose Pokeball, over anything better, because it displays more challenge. apart from the battling part of Pokemon, i really Catch legendaries, or Pokemon that are difficult to collect. The different methods to use, the pride you receive when that ball clicks, ah glory. :cool:

REALLY! seriously who doesn't know the difference between catch rates of Pokeballs, and Ultraballs, and that advice is quite pointless.

the reason i choose Pokeball, over anything better, because it displays more challenge. apart from the battling part of Pokemon, i really Catch legendaries, or Pokemon that are difficult to collect. The different methods to use, the pride you receive when that ball clicks, ah glory. :cool:

You never know how dumb people might be O.o but some pokemon you just can't catch with pokeballs. Dont you want to have the easiest time catching the pokemon you want? Why make it harder on yourself?

How is that even possible?

It's possible to catch legendaries in Poke balls, just very hard. I myself managed to catch Giratina in Platinum with a Poke ball. I was really surprised, I threw that Poke ball more as a joke than anything.

You never know how dumb people might be O.o but some pokemon you just can't catch with pokeballs. Dont you want to have the easiest time catching the pokemon you want? Why make it harder on yourself?

As stated, some people like the challenge of catching legends in Pokéballs. It shows more "dedication" and entitles the person to more bragging rights. Doesn't it seem cooler to catch an Arceus in a Pokéball than just in a Masterball? Anyone could do that. Personally, I want an Arceus in a Premierball with a Mind Plate. It isn't always just about catching the Pokémon itself. Some people just like to personalize, if not, everyone would say Dusk, Ultra, and Masterballs and there would be no point to this thread. Lol

On topic, though. I don't think I have anything I use more in particular. I try to use whatever matches the Pokémon's colour scheme. (In normal gameplay, when I'm just trying to catch it. Probably whatever is the strongest ball I have on me. Like an Ultra. Maybe a Masterball if I haxed them and I'm in a hurry.) I remember once when I was trying to help a friend catch a Heatran. I tried the Pokéballs for the lulz since he came unprepared and was running out of Ultraballs. Eventually, I had to try a Diveball. It actually worked. It was so hilarious.

As stated, some people like the challenge of catching legends in Pokéballs. It shows more "dedication" and entitles the person to more bragging rights. Doesn't it seem cooler to catch an Arceus in a Pokéball than just in a Masterball? Anyone could do that. Personally, I want an Arceus in a Premierball with a Mind Plate. It isn't always just about catching the Pokémon itself. Some people just like to personalize, if not, everyone would say Dusk, Ultra, and Masterballs and there would be no point to this thread. Lol

On topic, though. I don't think I have anything I use more in particular. I try to use whatever matches the Pokémon's colour scheme. (In normal gameplay, when I'm just trying to catch it. Probably whatever is the strongest ball I have on me. Like an Ultra. Maybe a Masterball if I haxed them and I'm in a hurry.) I remember once when I was trying to help a friend catch a Heatran. I tried the Pokéballs for the lulz since he came unprepared and was running out of Ultraballs. Eventually, I had to try a Diveball. It actually worked. It was so hilarious.

LOL a dive ball! Wow and it was on a heatran that is really funny. Now as for personalization of a pokeball that is what the capsules and seals are for. It adds special effects for when a pokemon comes out of its pokeball if a capsule and seal is attached to the pokeball.

:bidoof:These new spinning bidoofs are awesome!:bidoof: