Pokegen cannot generate valid AR codes for Pkmn Black. Bug?

GaleForce

Found an old Action replay kicking around in full packaging. Decided to give it a try with pokegen for science. I've confirmed other codes work, and will have to try to see if any codes for black 2 work. Currently, as it stands, Pokegen seems completely unable to generate a non game crashing code for creating mystical box pokemon for regular old pokemon Black.

I've asked google and tried everything it threw at me. Unless I missed something in the past month or two, there is no way of avoiding the ominous bluescreen which reads "An error has occurred, please turn off the power."

Anybody got answers or have the same problem?

Hello GaleForce,

I don't know why you get those bluescreens and I have no experience with it. But since nobody has a proper answer for you I thought some hints might be more useful than nothing. First of all: What do you exactly mean with the term "mystery box pokémon"? At least mystery GIFT pokémon (meaning pokémon you get via wifi/as a present in the ingame pokémon market) don't work as a cheat in Black2/White2 yet. The Black/White codes should be working though.

Please check, if you have the latest firmware for you AR. Especially to use it for the B/W+ games you need the latest versions (I guess its 1.7 something, but I am not sure). If that is no help, please explain the exact steps you are using to cheat. Where do you get your codes from? Do you use PokeGen? Do you generate your own codes?

Good luck!