Can I use PokeGen for B2/W2?

minnow

Sorry if this is a silly question. I have not used Pokgen in a long time. Is it still possible to use Pokegen for my White 2? I have a connection set up on "Connection 4" (which is advanced setup) of my DSi. I have it saved as "no" to Auto-Obtain DNS. I saved the Primary DNS as what it gave me when I uploaded my created Pokemon (204.045.029.054). The problem comes after I start up my game. When I try to enter the Global Terminal, I get a message saying, "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for this software has been discontinued." Does this mean I am not able to use Pokgen for my game anymore or is there a way around this? Thank you for your help and if you require more details, please ask.

The Servers responsible for the GTS have been taken down. The GTS exploit actually required those servers momentarily. When you started up the GTS, it would check to see if they were active, after it booted the GTS section up, then the DNS rerouting could be done. Now that the servers have been taken down, the game cannot verify that the servers are up and therefore will not let the GTS be started.

Pokegen can still be used, but you have to use one over various means to download your save and edited it. After you do that, you can rewrite the save to your cart.

Edit: check this post for options for downloading your save so that it can be edited.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16601-NDS-How-to-Backup-Restore-your-retail-cartridge-save-file-for-DS-games