Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Yeah, its possible, but the person doing so would be doing the job of the people at Nintendo who are translating all the text, and they won't be getting paid for it. You can't just edit the ROM to display English text, you would have to translate the text and then change it manually in the ROM bit by bit.

I'm sure someone will do it (at least a partial translation of the items, Pokemon, and stuff that will be the same as DPPt) as there were patches for Diamond and Pearl before the US got them, as well as a Platinum patch to display the English text that was the same as in DP. But don't expect it too soon after release.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on attempting a basic translation which will consist of just battle text and menus.

*EDIT* I just got done doing a practice translation on the Japanese version of platinum, if the hg/ss msg.narc files are compatible with thenewpoketext, I can have it translated within a few hours.

Edited by KazoWAR

• 3 weeks later...
I've been thinking for a while, if it'd be possible for someone to edit the HG/SS ROM to display English text for people who can't read Japanese. Could someone enlighten me?

Indeed :biggrin:! There are a few Japanese->English patches at this very forum!

Hope this helped.