Over the past few months, I've found that I've had less and less time for managing the Events sections on this site. Even now, I'm in the middle of a big transition in my life and will have even less time going forward. So, I'd like to ask for help and offer a moderator position to help me manage the Events subforums here.

I will still be handling the Event Gallery page, so the moderator position would be for managing the Event News subforum as well as the posts in the Contribution thread for ongoing/upcoming events, needed information, and distribution text.

Event Moderator duties:
  • Managing the above mentioned subforum and posts
  • Keeping the details in the Event News forum up-to-date, using sources such as official announcements, actual attendance, contributions from users who have attended, and/or blogs from players who have attended events
  • Checking official sources (etc) for all languages/regions to stay up-to-date
  • Encouraging users to attend events and contribute requested information and photos for the Gallery and News forum
  • Informing me when updates need to be made to the Event Gallery pages

Event Moderator requirements:
  • Someone who is interested in and enthusiastic about Pokemon events
  • Relatively active user
  • Good organizational skills
  • Occasional presence on Project Pokemon's IRC channel
  • Having the ability to navigate or search for Event details on websites/blogs in other languages is a major plus (don't need to be able to speak/write the other languages, just need to know enough about Pokemon in those languages to get details or decipher them with Google Translate, etc) (OR having connections with those who can understand such details)
  • Being able to personally attend events in local region is a major plus

(I may edit/modify these points later if I remember something that is important)

If this is something you are interested in, or if you have any questions, please contact me by PM in the forums or through IRC.

Thanks!
And thanks again to all who take part!