XY Event - Vital Spirit (HA) Magmar & Electabuzz (Serial Code in Europe, purchase not required)

theSLAYER

Hello me mateys!

If you're unaware, those in Europe can go to their participating retailers and

request for a Serial code for a Magmar or Electabuzz, with no purchase required, while stocks last!

ELVWTxT.jpg

[table=width: 350]

[tr]

[td]
Game:
[/td]

[td]
X
[/td]

[td]
Y
[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
Pokemon:
[/td]

[td]Magmar[/td]

[td]Electabuzz[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[td]Male[/td]

[td]Male[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
Level:
[/td]

[td]30[/td]

[td]30[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
OT:
[/td]

[td]SPRING 2014[/td]

[td]SPRING 2014[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
ID:
[/td]

[td]04014[/td]

[td]04014[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
Ability:
[/td]

[td]Vital Spirit[/td]

[td]Vital Spirit[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
Nature:
[/td]

[td]Any[/td]

[td]Any[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
Moves:
[/td]

[td] Smokescreen[/td]

[td] Low Kick[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td] Fire Spin[/td]

[td] Shock Wave[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td] Confuse Ray[/td]

[td] Light Screen[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td] Fire Punch[/td]

[td] Thunder Punch[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
Item:
[/td]

[td]Magmarizer[/td]

[td]Electirizer[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
Pokeball:
[/td]

[td]Cherish Ball[/td]

[td]Cherish Ball[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]
Ribbon:
[/td]

[td]Classic[/td]

[td]Classic[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[td]Lovely Place[/td]

[td]Lovely Place[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Dates: 04th April 2014 till While stocks lasts (Last date redemption: 30th September 2014

Game Distribution: X (Magmar) and Y (Electabuzz)

Distribution Type: Serial Code. Purchase not required, redemption from staff while stocks last.

Distribution Location:

GAME Distribution Event (UK, Spain, France)

Game Mania in the Netherlands from April 14th to April 30th

NAC stores in Portugal will run the event from April 14th to June 1st

EB Games, JB Hifi & Target stores in Australia will run it from April 11th to May 11th

Toys R Us etc. (Germany)

Note that majority of the information points to the event starting on 14th April instead of the 4th as claimed on pokemonxy.com

Sources:

Cheers all!

Edited by theSLAYER

If they're going to try and make it available for anyone for free, they should just make it a Wi-Fi event...

Marketing... If you have to go to a store to get this, you'll see all the ads and merchandise the store sells, and they hope you'll buy something.

I wouldn't buy anything out of Game anyways.

I remember when Pokemon X/Y came out. They wanted £39 for Pokemon X (I already had Pokemon Y pre-release). A quick five minute walk from Game to my local Tesco store and I picked up Pokemon X for £29.

Game over charges for everything, even with Ps4 games. When I walk into Game its like I'm on the Ps store.

Anyways, back on point. This is a rubbish event. Why Magmar and Electabuzz? Why not something cool like Pinsir and Heracross or Miltank and Tauros?

Japan seems to get all the good events.

This is a rubbish event. Why Magmar and Electabuzz? Why not something cool like Pinsir and Heracross or Miltank and Tauros?

Japan seems to get all the good events.

Probably to give little kiddies Magmarizer and Electirizer, cause they can't get enough BP for those ;P

• 2 weeks later...

Our stores got about 100 codes.

Some store just put their stack of codes at the cash desk or into a shelf, in others you have to talk to the staff.

Those stores where the codes just were lying around don't have any codes anymore because some people just take away the whole stack...

In those stores where you have to talk to the staff you don't get more then 2 codes...

And some stores even think you have to purchase X or Y to get a code...

Well organized!

By the way here are the OTs for other languages:

French: PRINT. 2014

German: FRÜHL. 2014

Italian: PRIMAVERA14

Spanish: PRIMAV2014

Note that majority of the information points to the event starting on 14th April instead of the 4th as claimed on pokemonxy.com

4th April is the starting date only for the UK. For the rest of Europe the starting date is 14th April, though some stores got their codes a few days earlier.

I wasn't really that interested in a region-locked event, for something as silly as Vital Spirit on these.

I've picked up four cards, kinda interested if collecting these is repeatable before I scratch the other pair.

I've read that in the Netherlands you can download this event via Nintendo Zone... I know that there was a similar thing for Animal Crossing and you could connect to the specific Nintendo Zone by putting no password to your Wi-Fi and by changing the SSID of your router to "_The Cloud" and receive the event-accessories at home...

Does anyone know if it's possible to do the same thing for Magmar and Electabuzz? I already have my Event Magmar, just curious :)

Would be nice if this is working.

Unfortunately I can't even get my guest network working to try it out.

For some reason in the first few days Magmar was distributed without any ribbon.

I don't know if Nintendo forgot Electabuzz ribbon too.

Any one here who has more information about this?

• 2 weeks later...

A little. There are no Electabuzz without ribbon to my knowledge.

However, Magmar is difficult. I obtained a german one using a UK Code at 5/4, which came with a ribbon. Only english (and JAP / KOR games which use the english WC) seem to always lack the ribbon, I don't think that was fixed as I haven't seen an english one with ribbon yet.

However, at least german and french Magmar can exist with AND without ribbon.