Pokécheck & Gen 5, wondering 'bout the future

Hide

I’ve got a few questions,

Now that the official Gen 5 GTS will shut down, how is this going to affect the legality checker known as Pokécheck?

I read Pokécheck features a system that compares PKM files before the official servers; I also read it was one of the reasons it’s online-only.

But now, do you think that an offline legality checker for Gen 5 will see public light? And if not, why so?

Personally, I believe the Pokécheck service is great, but I miss the days of old when we could work in our computers alone. I liked “legal.exe” because I could carry the service everywhere, just as Pokégen.

- HIDE

More than likely, Pokecheck has its own checks and will continue to function (maybe less accurate, depending on how much it relies in Nintendo's server), just without GTS spoofing.

I can't say for sure since I knowledge of Pokecheck is limited to what is posted on the forums.

(Cue Pokecheck staff confirming my guess, or nailing me for being incorrect.)

Pokecheck is more in depth and does not rely on Nintendo's checks (it's much better); it does allow you to test with Nintendo's check too.

The website will continue to function as you can still upload pkms and see their legality; when future support comes for X/Y, the past gen LA will come in handy for analyzing pre-XY mons (adapted/updated). The only thing that will change is that you will no longer be able to download/upload ingame as the Nintendo WiFi authentication server will be (likely) shut down.

Pokecheck is more in depth and does not rely on Nintendo's checks (it's much better); it does allow you to test with Nintendo's check too.

The website will continue to function as you can still upload pkms and see their legality; when future support comes for X/Y, the past gen LA will come in handy for analyzing pre-XY mons (adapted/updated). The only thing that will change is that you will no longer be able to download/upload ingame as the Nintendo WiFi authentication server will be (likely) shut down.

What do you mean download/upload? Cant you use saves to extract?