Help with save transfer / editing with pokecheck / pokegen and status after may 20th wifi shut down

momenttt

ok hellp everyone this is my first forum post so I am brand new here, I hope I am posting in the correct place and will receive the help I am looking for here.

So I have a few questions, the first is I want to plan ahead and make sure I can transfer pokemon from my 5th gen or 4th gen games to X and Y with pokebank once the shut down has been initiated on May 20th 2014. I have read some minor information about the NDS sd card adapter being capable of use after the wifi shutdown occurs.

First of all is this true?

I am in no way plugging this product I just cannot find any information anywhere, but I recently purchased this with my 3DS XL a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGEAR-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Essentials-Kit/dp/B008XHCLH2

I just figured out that this has its own SD card adapter, I am wondering if I can use this adapter instead of spending more $ on the NDS adapter to transfer pokemon from pokecheck and pokegen?

If so does anyone know a really easy guide to walk me through all of this? I have windows 7 by the way, I had read that may be a problem?

Also if this is possible will the pokemon I receive with a USB adapter from pokecheck or pokegen contain a ribbon that does not allow trading? I know pokecheck includes one if you use their server, I do NOT want this ribbon. I want to be able to trade the pokemon that I transfer.

Thank you all for the help ahead of time! :redface:

P.S.

I just want to add this whole wifi cut off is too sudden and very annoying and I am very disappointed with it. Gen 5 games, especially B2 W2 have not been around long enough to deserve this cut off. I have played pokemon since I was a child and I will never stop, but I am very wary of what Nintendo is capable of now.

I have read some minor information about the NDS sd card adapter being capable of use after the wifi shutdown occurs. First of all is this true?

Nope. These are your options. You'll either need a USB reader or a flashcart.

I just figured out that this has its own SD card adapter, I am wondering if I can use this adapter instead of spending more $ on the NDS adapter to transfer pokemon from pokecheck and pokegen?

SD card reading does not read NDS or 3DS games, it reads the SD storage chip that is in the 3DS.

Also if this is possible will the pokemon I receive with a USB adapter from pokecheck or pokegen contain a ribbon that does not allow trading? I know pokecheck includes one if you use their server, I do NOT want this ribbon. I want to be able to trade the pokemon that I transfer.

Pokecheck's ribbon only prevents trading over the GTS to unknowing people; it will not prevent you from using it in battles or trading to your friends. If you edit your save, you can insert whatever you want.

I personally own a SMS4; although it may not be the cheapest option, the save ripping/writing portion is easy to follow and I can just use PokeGen to insert/dump on a large scale.

evandixon recommends the NDS Adapter Plus. Both the SMS4 and NDS Adapter plus cost ~$35. Whatever you get is up to you!

Thanks I will have to research more, can you just grab them form pokecheck instead? I love the idea of pokegen but I never know if my pokes will pass legality checks and I have to use pokecheck to see.

I also have a VERY hard time with pokegen, I just cannot find a guide that easily tells me what to do. There used to be one I had bookmarked before I had to replace my laptop about a year and a half ago but I cannot find it. I can sit for hours trying to make a pokemon that barely has any legality flaws but I just cannot. It is so frustrating.

Do you know of any guides that are really easy for a beginner to understand?