Battery Save Problem on Mac

Hunto

I recently tried for the first time to use Pokegen for my HeartGold rom. I don't use save states on my Desmume because of problems with the antipiracy codes in the games, so I followed a how-to I found online to use Pokegen for a Battery Save . This how-to involved moving my battery save from it's normal home in desmume into the Pokegen folder, making the pokemon, and putting the battery save file back. Upon moving my battery save (.dsv file) back to it's normal place in the desmume battery folder and loading the rom, everything worked perfectly except the battery save was not registered and so I was prompted to start a new game. I have been trying to figure out how to make desmume read the battery save but to no avail.

Does anyone with a mac know either what I did wrong or how I can get desmume to load my battery save file again? Or, at the very least, tell me that I fucked it and I just need to start a new game so I can move on. Thanks!

For reference, I use Desmume v.0.9.10 on a Macbook running OS X Mavericks.

Sorry if this should have been in the PKM section. I'm pretty sure my problem has more to do with desmume than with pokegen though, which is why I'm posting here.

File -> Export Backup Memory will produce a sav file which is what you should be editing, when you're done File -> import Backup memory, selecting the edited sav file when prompted

Well thank you for helping me in the editing department, but do you know how to get my save file back? Or did I f**k it up?