ARDS ME (*.DUC) to *.SAV (and back) Converter (Updated to Version 1.2.5!!!)

Matt140

Hi!

This program allows you to convert between *.DUC and *.SAV files, using a custom Game Name, Save Name and Save Description.

Please make sure you have the .NET framework (3.5) installed!!

Changes List:

Version 1.2.5 Changes:

• Just made a few changes to the drag and drop functionality.

Version 1.2 Changes:

• Complete program rewrite.
  • Smaller converter file size.
  • Improved input checking (hopefully wont produce as many errors as previous releases)
  • Implemented command line wizard for conversion.
  • Works with both ARDS/ARDSi devices.

ARDStoSAV's Official Page

Download Links:

UniqueGeeks.net Official Download: Direct Download

Project Pokemon Download:

ARDStoSAV.zip

ARDStoSAV.zip

Edited by Matt140

I tested the *.sav to *.duc, and it produced an invalid file (0 Bytes), then closed, when I typed in "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2" as the game name.

I tried again, and it had a message, then it closed.

Try adding a console.readline statement after it writes to the console, if this is written in VB.

Hmm, odd, the only reason for this is the 23 character limit for the game name. I've got an update ready, so I'll add a readme file describing character limits.

Edit: I've updated it to version 1.1, theres a fix list in my main post.

Edited by Matt140
Updated converter

• 4 months later...

One question... Is the output a Raw save file?

I wanted to convert the Pokémon Ranger save file I got and test it on NO$GBA, but it didn't work.

However, when I used Shuny's converter to convert from ARDS max .duc to NO$GBA .sav, it worked like a charm.

My NO$GBA uses Raw save files, BTW. So I saved in-game using the emulator to ensure I'd have a raw save file compatible with CycloDS evolution.

ARDS Media Edition and ARDSi have a different save file format than AR Max.

I am making a new library (that will not be released to the public anytime soon) that uses Matt140's tool as the core for ARDSi and ARDS ME save conversion, and I might use Shuny's converter to get the format for AR Max.

I am making a new library (that will not be released to the public anytime soon) that uses Matt140's tool as the core for ARDSi and ARDS ME save conversion, and I might use Shuny's converter to get the format for AR Max.

It is now live at its new site, so if you don't like the command-line, that should work. 95.8% credit to Matt140, 4% credit to me, 0.2% credit to Microsoft for Visual Studio.

Why do I say should? Well, it can't seem to convert from an R4 save to a 0.5KB Raw save...

Matt140:

If you wish to have the source, just PM me, as you majorly contributed to it.