Datel PowerSaves 3DS works with both X and Y!! You can backup and restore your save file!

rockym

Doesn't look like this was reported yet but I just got the device today and it works beautifully with both Pokemon X and Y. I now have backups of my save file from both games and they restore easily. Supposedly you can also backup your save and then upload a Pokemon to the Bank and then restore your save download the Pokemon back to the game to easily clone it. Gonna try this in a little while.

Hopefully, this will help with getting Pokegen working for Gen 6.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, I'm sorry to ask for something so leechy like this, but I'm a youtuber that wants to get into doing Wifi battles. I've beaten my purchased copy of X and have over 200 hours on it, but I can't get the save file on my computer. If you don't mind, would someone here mind giving me their save file if theyve beaten the game? I need a beaten save file of x or y to make my recording go smoothly, but I don't know if I have the patience to beat the game again

I sent Datel an email two weeks ago asking if this (well, something more generic) would be possible, and another a week ago in case the first was sent to their junk mail, and they've ignored me both times.

Well, I've ordered a Powersaves 3DS today and I think I'll be receiving it somewhere between tomorrow and Monday so I'm probably going to test it myself and let you know about it :)

Well, I've ordered a Powersaves 3DS today and I think I'll be receiving it somewhere between tomorrow and Monday so I'm probably going to test it myself and let you know about it :)

When you do, make one save backup, change something small (maybe use an item or change only the money), and make another backup. Comparing the two should show if the saves are stored encrypted. If they are, it will be easier said than done to make a save editor. If they aren't, then the PowerSaves 3DS just gained great potential to allow 3rd party save editors.

When you do, make one save backup, change something small (maybe use an item or change only the money), and make another backup. Comparing the two should show if the saves are stored encrypted. If they are, it will be easier said than done to make a save editor. If they aren't, then the PowerSaves 3DS just gained great potential to allow 3rd party save editors.

I'll first backup my sav file as it is. Then I'll try to modify something like you said and then I'll make another backup. So I should have, one backup without changes, one backup with changes, right?

Hey guys, quick question -- on topic with PowerSave 3DS; where might you think is the best shop to purchase one? I've been seeing talk about it and I can't figure where I can order mine. I saw a listing at Amazon, but I wasn't too sure and wondered if any of you guys knows of a more trusted, personal shop I can order mine from.

Hey guys, quick question -- on topic with PowerSave 3DS; where might you think is the best shop to purchase one? I've been seeing talk about it and I can't figure where I can order mine. I saw a listing at Amazon, but I wasn't too sure and wondered if any of you guys knows of a more trusted, personal shop I can order mine from.

I bought mine at Amazon (a UK shop seller exactly) and no problem.

And I don't know if you knew it guys but we can now have all Mega Stones with the Powersaves ! Even the Latiasite and the Latiosite ! :cool:

Apparently, one cannot trade the Latiasite and Latiosite to another cartdridge, like the Blazikenite...

Actually, I was able to trade Blazikenites from cart to cart.

Though that was done using Local Trade.

Anyway I'll like to confirm:

1. My Pokemon Y has this save, let's call it "a", which I backed up.

2. I erased "a" from the cart and started a new game, which I also backed up, called "b".

3. Will I be able to swap between "a" and "b" at my free will? (using powersaves restore, of course)

I'm seeking confirmation that it's done, not theory ><

My Powersaves 3DS arrived today but unfortunately it doesn't work with my X cartridge. I insert my cartridge and it tries to download the information required on my game but then comes back to the "Insert your cartridge" screen and goes on and on like this. Kinda feel like I've wasted my money...

EDIT: I've fixed the problem, now I have my powersaves 3DS working and I have my sav files. If you want I can upload them.

Edited by Fab
updating my post

I didnt even know there was a pro version lol. Yes its region free. I have the EU versions of both games and it works perfectly

I found that the PRO version it's the same than regular in a new package.

Thanks for the answer :D

Anyone have any problem with the PowerSaves?, like corruption of data?.

The Shiny Pokemon maked with this tool are tradeable?.

Mi PowerSaves arrive in around 7-8 days, I'm excited :D